C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just a heads up fellow members...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 06:30 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default just a heads up fellow members...

come spring, i will be selling my C6. It wont have more than 16-17k on by then, and yall have seen pics, its flawless, like new. Ill be in the for sale section with all the extra stuff that will go with it, including a leather jacket like new, extra roof panel, console cover, another cool patch jacket..... its been a flawless car....but course, with that low mileage...lol..dont bash me. only once in the rain a short distance. Lots of black chrome under the hood, custom llyods mats with jake., etc... ill be posting pics. got some local folks interested but would rather see it go to true corvette enthusiasts :/

I lost my wolfdog Keona to bone cancer a month ago. it came out of no where...she showed no signs of any problems until the tragedy hit and crippled her. Even had senior blood panel work done 3 weeks prior. It devastated me. It was a shock to the whole wolfdog community, she was an ambassador wolfdog and a pretty famous girl across the country due to her domestication, content, and only 3 generations removed from the wild. This girl was my world. Not my first wolfdog of course, but she was different, the bond we had was beyond belief. I got her a 4 weeks old. i didnt have the vette back then, had another performance car but not much time was spent with it.

I will be getting a new wolfdog from a very special friend of mine whos doing a secret breeding and im the only one getting a pup. I will be devoting all my time to this animal. She will go everywhere with me ...in the Silverado of course. I just wont have time the for the vette anymore and its a waste to let it sit in the garage paying money for tags, inspection and etc. .when I wont be driving it.
it will be the first time since 1967 I have not owned a performance car and been involved with all the stuff that goes with them...but times have changed and priorities changed now.

Last edited by wolfdogs; 08-26-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:39 PM
frankb
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
come spring, i will be selling my C6. It wont have more than 16-17k on by then, and yall have seen pics, its flawless, like new. Ill be in the for sale section with all the extra stuff that will go with it, including a leather jacket like new, extra roof panel, console cover, another cool patch jacket.....

I lost my wolfdog Keona to bone cancer a month ago. it came out of no where...she showed no signs of any problems until the tragedy hit and crippled her. Even had senior blood panel work done 3 weeks prior. It devastated me. It was a shock to the whole wolfdog community, she was an ambassador wolfdog and a pretty famous girl across the country due to her domestication, content, and only 3 generations removed from the wild. This girl was my world. Not my first wolfdog of course, but she was different, the bond we had was beyond belief. I got her a 4 weeks old. i didnt have the vette back then, had another performance car but not much time was spent with it.

I will be getting a new wolfdog from a very special friend of mine whos doing a secret breeding and im the only one getting a pup. I will be devoting all my time to this animal. She will go everywhere with me ...in the Silverado of course. I just wont have time the for the vette anymore and its a waste to let it sit in the garage paying money for tags, inspection and etc. .when I wont be driving it.
it will be the first time since 1967 I have not owned a performance car and been involved with all the stuff that goes with them...but times have changed and priorities changed now.
Good looking Car and Dog. Sorry you lost her.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:45 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

I'm really very, very sorry about the loss of your dog. Our pets are just like our children, and although some people can't understand the bond that develops between humans and animals, it's definitely there. Believe me, I can empathize with you. I know the new pup will offer relief from the grief, but it will never replace the one you lost.

Hopefully once your grieving lessens, you'll rethink the decision to sell your car. It's beautiful, and I would love to have the desire to get mine looking like yours.

Hang in there! And best of everything.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:46 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

Enjoy the new pup
Old 08-26-2014, 06:54 PM
chillwill
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not have the best of both worlds keep your car and raise your pup to enjoy them both
Old 08-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Cybernetic Medic
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ken,

I'm very sorry to hear about Keona. I know first hand how attached you can become to some pets. It's defiantly like the loss of a family member. I'm also sorry to hear you'll be parting with your vette and not replacing it but it's a toy and if you're not enjoying it that much any more then it's time to move on.

I hope you'll stick around the forum and jump in from time to time. A little Zaino Zinger or some tire expertise is always interesting.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:56 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Sorry to hear about all of it, Ken, but especially the "Wolfdog." They are special, as are you to the many that you've helped on this Forum. You will be missed, but I'd say all who read this understand, and wish you and the new pup well no matter where your travels may take you. Thanks for all your support and ideas. It's been a pleasure.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:00 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Ken so sorry for your loss, I know how you feel, we lost Cookie our Mutt a year ago and it devastated us.
Best of luck selling your Vette, we all know what great pride you take in caring for it.
Hope you stick around the forum Brother
David
Old 08-26-2014, 07:03 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

I have a dog and it's "family" and when you lose a best friend like our last dog it rips your heart out, so it took awhile but we got another one of the same kind. I know where your coming from or to.

But I have a suggestion you "may" want to consider; yes, get rid of the current vette but than find yourself either a new one or a good used one that's a little different to go along with your new friend. That would help round the circle out for me.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 08-26-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I can understand completely where you are coming from.

Easy decision really...

After all it is only a car, loved ones take an easy precedent, including our pets of course.

Good luck and enjoy the new pup.

Keep is posted on the progress.

At least there should be fewer Zaino threads now..

Last edited by Boomer111; 08-27-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:14 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Ken I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your girl. It is so hard when it hits out of blue like that and when you had such a close bond.
I am also sorry to hear that we are going to loss you around here. You have been such a great guy and someone that has made me want to be able obtain some of the skills that you have in taking care of your car. I have never been able to get it right or find anyone in my area that is willing to work with me and teach me but because of you I keep trying and never stop asking. My hat is off to you in every way. You are awesome in detailing of your car and not taking anything from anyone. You also have a great dedication to wolves. I admire that
I hope your new pup will help heal the hole that I know you have right now and that you will peek in on us every now and again just to let us know that you are still there and doing good.
My condolences on your girl again and best of luck with everything. You'll be missed

Lisa
Old 08-26-2014, 07:14 PM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks yall, for those that dont know, for 2 decades i ran and was President of Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc, we were recognized by the Defenders of Wildlife. I have been involved with wolves and wolfdog for 3 decades, having even been a volunteer introducing the red wolf back into the tidewater of NC. Keona was the mascot of WRR.... shes been to events and even schools on educational seminars to help change the image of the wolf to children and adults alike.

The new pups mother has the same grandfather and grandmother as Keona...the father is a black phase high mid content wolfdog.

We'll see how i feel in spring before the pup arrives. Im trying to be smart from a financial standpoint being retired. I truly love this car of course. Its the finest performance car i have ever had the pleasure of owing and have met some great folks that share the passion.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:19 PM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

Dogs dig holes......in our hearts. Hang in there.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
I can understand completely where you are coming from.

Easy decision really...

After all it is only a car, loved ones take an easy precedent, including our pets of course.

Good luck and enjoy the new pup.

Keep is posted on the progress.

At least there should be fewer Zanio threads now..
well said
Old 08-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Power Hawk
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 153 Posts

I too am very sorry to hear about you losing your wolfdog. I lost a very special Akita several years ago and a piece of my heart died then as well. We had a special bond. She could look at me and tell what I was thinking. Of course the decision to sell that beautiful Corvette of yours rests with you. Whatever you do, please check in with us from time to time to share your knowledge and wit as well as to keep us in line.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:48 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Ken...so sorry to hear about your namesake. I completely understand and no need to explain why. I lived in NC when they introduced the Red Wolf to the Alligator Wildlife Refuge and enjoyed watching their success. I did not know YOU where involved with that....pretty work.

As far as your vette is concerned....you might as well keep it...no one is going to buy it as a performance car .... with all those coats of Zaino ... it won't be able to get out of it's own way....

Sorry we never got a chance to ride some of those waves together on the OBX .... I'm now in Florida with the rest of the OLD FARTS waving to one another. LOTS of those here in SW Florida....

BEST OF LUCK Buddy...
Old 08-26-2014, 08:31 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Sorry for your loss Ken. I know what it feels like.

Get notified of new replies

To just a heads up fellow members...

Old 08-26-2014, 08:31 PM
GMJim
Drifting

Received 229 Likes on 151 Posts

Very sorry to hear about your loss. She lived the best life she could have with you.

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”

Anatole France

You may not have a Corvette for a while but I hope you stick around the forum and post some pictures of the new pup.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:35 PM
whit1
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry about your Dog. I'd give up my Vette in a second for my dogs. There my children/family.
Once you sell your vette get a nice tattoo to remember your beloved Dog. Will always be a part of you
Old 08-26-2014, 08:40 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

So sorry for your loss Ken. I know how much you loved her. She was a beautiful wolfdog and I know how much you will miss her.

Last edited by VET4LES; 08-26-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Quick Reply: just a heads up fellow members...