C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOB Programming - New Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Corvette505
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Default FOB Programming - New Question

I've read the stickies and instructions but have run into an issue that isn't on there......after cycling thru my 3 sets of 10min countdowns it beeps and says Ready For Fob1......well how long do i have to wait before it beeps again to signal programming is complete and display the Ready for Fob 2? It says READY FOR FOB1 for several minutes, than it just blacks out the DIC, nothing happens, no beeps no new messages.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:03 AM
Corvette505
Burning Brakes

Someone told me the parking brake has to be on, is this true?
Old 08-22-2014, 07:08 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette505
Someone told me the parking brake has to be on, is this true?
No, it won't make any difference.

Recognizing the FOB ID number should only take a few seconds. Did you test the slot before starting? Are you inserting the FOB correctly? Buttons to the right and key slot out if you have a newer style FOB.

Since you have already erased everything and are ready for the first FOB you should be able to use the short procedure from now on rather than going through the three 10 minute waits.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Corvette505
Burning Brakes

Thanks, I'll try the short procedure

Didn't test the slot as it all seemed pretty simple and I have a 2011 so it's relatively new and wouldn't expect the slot to be dead this early in it's life, too late to test it now as I have reprogrammed it (wiped it clean anyway) and my original fob doesn't work anymore.

I do insert it buttons facing to the right, but also have been inserting it bottom side of the fob in.....are you saying I should insert it with bottom side of the fob facing out?
Old 08-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Corvette505
Burning Brakes

Totally frustrated.....have a beautiful new car in the garage that I can't drive. Wiped the fobs and now can't get em programmed. Is there a way to get this Tech II device I've read about other than from the dealer? Can I buy it somewhere? Anyone know the OEM Code?
Old 08-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Corvette505
Burning Brakes

THAT DID IT.....in none of the threads does it mention anything about when programming the FOB to have the top pointed in. My assumption was the bottom went in first since it looks like it can be programmed via the connection inside the bottom when the key is pulled out, however that is not the case. Put it in with bottom pointing out and buttons to the right and it worked the first time. Can't believe that isn't in any of the programing instructions. Read umpteen messages trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and none had this clue. WOW....thanks Fort Morgan!

Get notified of new replies

To FOB Programming - New Question

Quick Reply: FOB Programming - New Question