C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove a C7 today.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if a strange phenomenon is at work for us...We looked at all the photos of the C7 before it came out and thought for sure this would be our first Vette...We went to Carlisle to figure out the colors for our new Vert...When we arrived and looked at the C7s our desire started to slip away...We didn't like them in person like we did in the photos so then we started walking the 90 acres looking at every Vette ....We found late model GS Verts and fell in love...Initially when looking at photos of the C6 we weren't smitten with them...but once seen in person we changed our opinion...Thrilled with our '11 GS and even more so as we see more C7s at shows and on the road...We're loving the Vette experience
Old 08-18-2014, 09:05 AM
JRHAWK9
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Seems C7 paint issues are slowly being fixed. My NRB Mid year production has no orange peel.
I've never seen a factory paint job on any brand which doesn't have orange peel. Some are worse than others, but they all have orange peel.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Tbong
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRHAWK9
I've never seen a factory paint job on any brand which doesn't have orange peel. Some are worse than others, but they all have orange peel.
It's a matter of degree. My 05 has a much smoother Paint job than the C7s I looked at. I know people say "it is still a good bargain" But something like paint should not be all that expensive to "get right" Fit and finish is judged harshly

Quick Reply: Drove a C7 today.....