C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

les stanford service A+

Old 08-15-2014, 06:18 PM
tomtoro
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default les stanford service A+

While at the Dreamcruise today, I was messing around at the lights, driving it sort of hard when the engine light starts blinking and the traction control light starts blinking and it says service engine and traction control now. The car loses alot of the power and while idling, sounded like I had a huge cam.

I start limping toward the Troy chevy dealer and called Les Stanford. The service manager tells me to pull over and check all my plug wires...both ends. I lift up the plastic cowl and sure enough a wire was loose. I was back on the road in five minutes.

I had no idea a plug wire would show traction control needs service lights. Now I know.

Thanks to the Stanford service manager for knowing his stuff.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:25 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 875 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtoro
While at the Dreamcruise today, I was messing around at the lights, driving it sort of hard when the engine light starts blinking and the traction control light starts blinking and it says service engine and traction control now. The car loses alot of the power and while idling, sounded like I had a huge cam.

I start limping toward the Troy chevy dealer and called Les Stanford. The service manager tells me to pull over and check all my plug wires...both ends. I lift up the plastic cowl and sure enough a wire was loose. I was back on the road in five minutes.

I had no idea a plug wire would show traction control needs service lights. Now I know.

Thanks to the Stanford service manager for knowing his stuff.
always give a thumbs up to a dealer/service provider
For me it's Titus-Will in Olympia, WA and Mark the Vette guy!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:46 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Could have been Mike MacDonald---he's A1 in my book and so are the rest that are there.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:36 PM
tomtoro
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I tried to leave feedback on their site, but all they had was an email form for sales.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:05 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

do it in dealer rater. believe me, it is read.

Get notified of new replies

To les stanford service A+

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: les stanford service A+