C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold my '12 Grand Sport, its Carrera S time!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:17 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by child_of_fire
The c6/7 is a shell of its predecessors. Once a quality item, now its a plastic "throw - away." That Porsche is a refined piece of equipment, just not at a practical cost. I guess you get what you pay for so for me its a poor quality GM product for the time being.��
Why do you say that? Is that based on your own personal experience with Corvettes you haves owned? In your opinion, were C1's - C5's of a higher quality and better built than the latest offerings from GM? Were they superior in terms of fit and finish? Were they more reliable? Did their suspension components including their skinnier tires produce a greater ability to negotiate those twists and turns loved by most drivers? Did their engines get up to 30 mpg while producing 400+ hp?

Please 'splain your statement about the latest generations being but a shell of previous generations.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:08 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry , still not byuing a underpowered 100k car . Its not all about power but for a car over 100k , more power is a must.
The Carrera to me is a chick car . Now maybe the GT3 and RS are guy cars but lets be real most woman I see driving porches drive the " Chick model" the non turbo model . Its just the way it is . And the NA porches sound like dog **** too ...
Old 08-18-2014, 07:43 PM
Jaxon
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MakoShark72

Hilarious!! Are you really that STUPID?

For YEARS now I have defended the integrity of the CORVETTE FORUM members, over the Land Rover, BMW, FJ40, Triumph, Z-car, Jeep, etc crowd, just to name a few of the many forums I have been on in the last 15-20 years.

I've always bragged that Corvette owners are "car guys" who appreciate ALL cars...SO unlike the owners of certain other marques (BMW comes to mind, and yes I own one and I love it) who look down upon owners of cars different from theirs (especially VETTES).

Guess I have been wrong...Forums really bring out the worse in some folks. I've been a member of this forum for almost 8 years, along with the C3 crowd, and though most of that experience has been positive, there are still those insecure, moronic idiots who, by the grace of anonymity (hiding behind a forum) just can't help but display their stupidity.

Most of those negative comments wreak of ***** envy...I'm sorry if YOU (the posters of negative comments) can't afford to buy a Porsche, or you can't afford to maintain a Porsche, or you can't afford to modify a Porsche. Even if you just don't like the style, whatever...

I have been a long term contributor to this forum, have NEVER judged or ridiculed a fellow member for buying a different car, or modifying their car, ITS JUST A CAR!!

Sorry for my rant, it is directed at a very few..

Its been fun guys!! Thanks for the all the great pictures, articles, advice, stories of road trips, etc....I'll be hanging out over with the C3 guys...

Sorry buddy, you got me all wrong. It's not that I can't afford a Porsche, I can, nor is it that I'm envious of their owners, I'm not. I'm sure they're wonderful cars, but I operate on a different set of principles. You see, I would never own a Porsche, even if it were free because in my mind you think it's ok to financially support a company that supported Hitler and the Third Reich. Old Ferdy came up with the VW to support the German war effort. Some things are inexcusable. I also won't buy Mitsubishi or products from other companies that supported the Japanese war effort.
Now if El Quaida were to produce a nice car at a reasonable price I wouldn't buy that either. Would you?
But this is America and you are free to make your own financial decisions and I accept that. If you want to give half of your paycheck to El Quaida then go ahead. But if you come on to a Corvette website and tell us all about your upgrade to a Porsche then you should expect some blowback.
Enjoy your fine German automobile. In fact, the next time I see a Porsche I'll throw the guy a wave on behalf of the 6MM people Hitler threw into the ovens.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:07 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Jaxon
Sorry buddy, you got me all wrong. It's not that I can't afford a Porsche, I can, nor is it that I'm envious of their owners, I'm not. I'm sure they're wonderful cars, but I operate on a different set of principles. You see, I would never own a Porsche, even if it were free because in my mind you think it's ok to financially support a company that supported Hitler and the Third Reich. Old Ferdy came up with the VW to support the German war effort. Some things are inexcusable. I also won't buy Mitsubishi or products from other companies that supported the Japanese war effort. Now if El Quaida were to produce a nice car at a reasonable price I wouldn't buy that either. Would you? But this is America and you are free to make your own financial decisions and I accept that. If you want to give half of your paycheck to El Quaida then go ahead. But if you come on to a Corvette website and tell us all about your upgrade to a Porsche then you should expect some blowback. Enjoy your fine German automobile. In fact, the next time I see a Porsche I'll throw the guy a wave on behalf of the 6MM people Hitler threw into the ovens.
Jesus wept - you are living in the past. That there is some special fecked up logic. Do you really think Jewish people hold an exclusive right to being discriminated???? Come out from under your rock with your woe is me persecution complex. Pathetic and pitiful. And you take that gibberish to CFOT.

Don't forget to support the discriminated Palestinians being murdered by the Jewish, the persecuted Ukranians, the Blacks in MO, female Muslims, handicapped, fatso's and smokers. I am sure I missed a few of these on top of the revered that were cruelly and unjustly oppressed by Porsche, Skoda, Harley Davidson or whomever.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:27 PM
LuckySam
Intermediate

Was talking to a nice guy at the Corvette museum who just did the opposite, traded his 911 S or sold it, and then purchased a C7 Vert.
He had many complaints about the required service needed on the Porsche. Mandatory yearly brake line flushes for $1k a pop! mandatory or void the warranty 16k mile water pump replacement.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Jaxon
Pro

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds
Jesus wept - you are living in the past. That there is some special fecked up logic. Do you really think Jewish people hold an exclusive right to being discriminated???? Come out from under your rock with your woe is me persecution complex. Pathetic and pitiful. And you take that gibberish to CFOT.

Don't forget to support the discriminated Palestinians being murdered by the Jewish, the persecuted Ukranians, the Blacks in MO, female Muslims, handicapped, fatso's and smokers. I am sure I missed a few of these on top of the revered that were cruelly and unjustly oppressed by Porsche, Skoda, Harley Davidson or whomever.
I'm not Jewish.
How much time has to go by before it's ok to support terror?
Old 08-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Neto1978
Intermediate

I was born in Spain, but man how I love the USA.
No car in the US is more american than a chevy corvette.
Its a legend, its culture , its state of mind...
The "sauerkraut - ****" cars for me sucks.
Too expensive for little details...they are so fragile...
The first vehicle I drove was a chevy silverado, had 7 of it so far...
Sold my camaro ss and bought my dream car "corvette"..
Til,the day i die i will be driving the bowtie...
This is a corvette forum, we dont want to share 911's experiences.

Thanks to all here on the forum, been a great but somewhat short ride, about 18 months.

Logged over 14,000 miles, driving from Wisconsin to Seattle (purchase trip), then 3400 miles to Moab and back, to see all 5 National Parks in southern Utah, a 3 day trip to beautiful Victoria, BC, and numerous trips to central Oregon.
The car, mechanically, was trouble free...the interior (4LT)... not so much. The lack of quality in materials and workmanship bugged me the entire time, had to replace the entire dash (defect in the leather), the interior trim above the windshield (bubbled), the interior trim around the halo (cracked), the driver seat base (adjusting mechanism sloppy). I still have the '72, but that may go as well to make room for the '79 911 SC...Here's the new Carrera S and the '79 SC

Will cherish THIS photo always!!!!

But...the sound of that high-revving flat 6 is intoxicating!!

Cheers everybody!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:50 PM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry buddy, you got me all wrong. It's not that I can't afford a Porsche, I can, nor is it that I'm envious of their owners, I'm not. I'm sure they're wonderful cars, but I operate on a different set of principles. You see, I would never own a Porsche, even if it were free because in my mind you think it's ok to financially support a company that supported Hitler and the Third Reich. Old Ferdy came up with the VW to support the German war effort. Some things are inexcusable. I also won't buy Mitsubishi or products from other companies that supported the Japanese war effort.
Now if El Quaida were to produce a nice car at a reasonable price I wouldn't buy that either. Would you?
But this is America and you are free to make your own financial decisions and I accept that. If you want to give half of your paycheck to El Quaida then go ahead. But if you come on to a Corvette website and tell us all about your upgrade to a Porsche then you should expect some blowback.
Enjoy your fine German automobile. In fact, the next time I see a Porsche I'll throw the guy a wave on behalf of the 6MM people Hitler threw into the ovens.
Who said "upgrade"???? Oh, right.... that was YOU, Dumbass.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:33 AM
Jaxon
Pro

Who said "upgrade"???? Oh, right.... that was YOU, Dumbass.
Sorry. My apologies. I mistook all of your whining about the Vette and getting a Porsche as an upgrade, but I agree with you, it's not an upgrade.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:48 AM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Sorry. My apologies. I mistook all of your whining about the Vette and getting a Porsche as an upgrade, but I agree with you, it's not an upgrade.
I have never "whined" about my Vette, and Dude..you have some serious issues.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:17 AM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

I'm not Jewish. How much time has to go by before it's ok to support terror?
As you are mentally barely firing on one cylinder, it would be unfair to expect a modicum of sense from you, ever. I will therefore let you bask in your own stupidity.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Jaxon
Pro

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds
As you are mentally barely firing on one cylinder, it would be unfair to expect a modicum of sense from you, ever. I will therefore let you bask in your own stupidity.
That's right. Avoid the question and hurl insults. Truly the strategy of a beaten man.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 526 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by child_of_fire
The c6/7 is a shell of its predecessors. Once a quality item, now its a plastic "throw - away." That Porsche is a refined piece of equipment, just not at a practical cost. I guess you get what you pay for so for me its a poor quality GM product for the time being.��
Wow, have you owned both? I think the C6 is WAY better than earlier generations. Mine is 8 years old, 32,000 miles, and everyone who sees it thinks it is a new car. People are driving the C6 for 150,000 miles and more without major work. And of course there is no comparison between performance and features with the earlier cars.

I'm having a really hard time understanding what you mean.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:38 PM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,035 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by car2fast4you
The 911 is considered by most educated car fanatics to be one of the greatest sports cars of all time. This sentiment has remained constant for as long as it has been in existence. Not everyone loves the way it looks (I'm personally not a fan). But few can fault the way it drives and handles. On the other hand ....."there is no substitute".....for an American V8.

Congrats to the OP for the awesome new ride.
Well said
Old 08-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Ahmer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Porsche gets 0 attention when standing side by side with a nicely done vette.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Ahmer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Flame suit on.... They are an overrated Beetle.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:38 PM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Ahmer
Right

You think of that all by yourself?

Last edited by MakoShark72; 08-19-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Sold my '12 Grand Sport, its Carrera S time!

Old 08-19-2014, 04:41 PM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Porsche gets 0 attention when standing side by side with a nicely done vette.
Guess that depends on who's looking...
Old 08-19-2014, 05:06 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Rofl - I will take a 911 4 in a second over my chevy.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:32 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Some real inmature, hater types here. Too bad...

I already posted my congrats makoshark72, but just wanted to add that it seems the majority are with you!

A "true" car guy loves all cars, and is not "threatened" or envious of other guys cars. A true car guy isn't just about one or two cars, he is about all cars.

I just watched a Jay Leno segment on slammed low riders. Now who would think Jay would do a piece on these cars??? Exactly...cause Jay appreciates all things automotive, a true car guy, a real gear head. The opposite of some of the losers posting their hate against the 911 here...

Anyways, congrats again man. Don't let the idiots drag you down to their level, especially that goof about Jews and Hitler, what's he even doing on a car forum ?

Quick Reply: Sold my '12 Grand Sport, its Carrera S time!