C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking and whirring on C6 Start Button

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 05:18 AM
Kuda
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clicking and whirring on C6 Start Button

I recently received my almost new '13 Night Race Blue Grand Sport conv. with 6 speed paddle shift auto, after selling my 99 Z51 6sp Midnight Blue conv. I owned since new.Only had 24.5k Hawaiian miles. Damn. I Loved that car. My nine year old daughter cried when I sold it. However, she's quickly coming around to the new baby. The technology and performance over the 99 is light years ahead. I explained to my daughter that it's like going from Fred Flintstone's car to George Jetson's jet. The GS is truly the coolest and fastest and funnest car I've ever owned, and I've had a few over my 40 years of owning them. (Had one of the first C5's here in 97. Nassau Blue coupe.)

That being said, my only concern with the GS, and perhaps it is nothing to be concerned about, is when I go to shut off the engine, or if I turn on the Acc. mode, I hear a little whirling and clicking sound for a moment or two before it operates. Almost like the sound of an electrical short. Can someone either tell me I can rest easy, or get my a** to the Chevy dealership for service before my car fries. Mahalo. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...illy_nilly.gif
Old 07-29-2014, 06:28 AM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

Received 218 Likes on 173 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

I get the same thing with my 05 coupe but as long as the car starts an run I don't worry about it
Old 07-29-2014, 06:54 AM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

If you have a cd in the radio, it reads the cd when you first get in the car and it recognizes the fob. I hear a similar noise coming from the radio nav unit.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:23 AM
Ahzuz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's normal, yes its very sketchy but it's normal. I had the same reaction when I got mine, coming from an Acura TL that had a perfect interior it's very weird.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 AM
VetteGirlMA
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My grand sport has done this since new. It sounds like a bunch of relays clicking and resetting when I either go to accessory or forget to press on the brake pedal. It seems to start perfectly and runs great so I'm not complaining. For the record the C7 also makes some clicking noises as well.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:42 AM
chodoctr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 07 coupe makes the exact same noise...seems to be a GM thing for the Vettes
Old 07-29-2014, 02:00 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by chodoctr
my 07 coupe makes the exact same noise...seems to be a GM thing for the Vettes
Yep, my '07 does all sorts of clicking noises too.

Get notified of new replies

To Clicking and whirring on C6 Start Button

Quick Reply: Clicking and whirring on C6 Start Button