C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why arent we in C7's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Kevin_NYC
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
You paid 43K for a 1LT base?!?

Yeah back in July of 2011.....is that bad?

MSRP was $49,999

Im sure I could of gotten some car sitting on a lot for months for $40K or $41K

I wanted a factory order car and at the time MacMulkin was 2K below all forum dealers and -$7K below MSRP

Flawless order and flatbed delivery to my house outside NYC for free
Old 07-30-2014, 09:03 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin_NYC

MSRP was $49,999

I wanted a factory order car and at the time MacMulkin was 2K below all forum dealers and -$7K below MSRP

It's not bad at all. New factory order for a 2012 in 2011 at that price would make sense to me.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowGS
I will never own a C7. I am very happy with my GS and do not like the styling of the C7 at all. It's like they took 60 years of Corvette heritage and tossed it out the window.

My next Vette will either be a C8 with a restyle back to more curved lined, or it will be a restored '67.
I didn't realize there was a Corvette heritage? Lets look: C1- every year a different look (side curtains were on the first year) C2- totally different design, independent suspension C3- as they say, shark like. C4- nothing previous even compares, new suspension (clam shell hood) C5- no resemblance to any previous offering C6- exterior more refined from previous C5 (fixed headlights). C7- totally new from the ground up.

The only thing common is they all have a two seat interior - heritage.

Last edited by Larry/car; 07-30-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:09 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,212 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
I didn't realize there was a Corvette heritage? Lets look: C1- every year a different look (side curtains were on the first year) C2- totally different design, independent suspension C3- as they say, shark like. C4- nothing previous even compares, new suspension (clam shall hood) C5- no resemblance to any previous offering C6- exterior more refined from previous C5 (fixed headlights). C7- totally new from the ground up.

The only thing common is they all have a two seat interior.

really? wow.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:16 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin_NYC

MSRP was $49,999

Ohhhhh that makes sense. I thought you meant recently.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:26 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
I didn't realize there was a Corvette heritage? Lets look: C1- every year a different look (side curtains were on the first year) C2- totally different design, independent suspension C3- as they say, shark like. C4- nothing previous even compares, new suspension (clam shell hood) C5- no resemblance to any previous offering C6- exterior more refined from previous C5 (fixed headlights). C7- totally new from the ground up.

The only thing common is they all have a two seat interior - heritage.
I find it laughable when people say that.

Totally new from the ground up huh. What exactly is new and earth shattering other than the direct injection and electronic differential. Same transverse leaf spring suspension with magnetic ride, 6.2 liter V8 push rod engine, same rear mounted transmission connected by a torque tube, same composite body panels. Sure, lots of improvements in the interior and electronics, but not a lot of "totally new stuff" I see a lot of familiar stuff between the two.

A far cry from new from the ground up. That's a great marketing slogan, but far from the truth.

Last edited by R&L's C6; 07-30-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:10 AM
mbsigman
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine is an 07 C6, and I get asked this question a lot.

I've always thought the C6 lines reminded me of my wife: soft curves but bada*$. (!! ) I personally find the C7 to be much more angular, and that's ok, but I just like the soft curves and the Kammback rear end design better than the C7. The C7 has all manner of electronics and goodies, and that's fine. It also has more HP than the C6, but I've got 400 HP in mine and for me that's plenty enough to get into trouble were I to desire trouble. If I want faster I go to work, strap on the jet and do Mach! We've taken a bunch of road trips with it and find it to be an excellent cruiser.

We are amongst the minority here, but we've always felt the C6 seats and cabin were pretty comfortable, even for road trips. I'm just not wild about the C7 interior layout, especially that grip thing on the passenger side. That would block the view I have of my wife's legs, and boy howdy when she's doing the bare legs, short skirt and high heels in the red Vette bit I sure don't want to miss that!

I had this car ordered exactly the way I wanted, and over the years I've modded the interior for all kinds of leather and insulation for comfort and a (relatively) quiet ride. I can honestly say that after all these years I still will go out to the garage and just sit in it. Had a tough day recently and went out to the garage, hopped in the Vette and just....sat. Listened to the quiet, enjoyed the smell of the leather, just...sat. Felt the stress melting away.

Yeah, it's just a car. But to me it means a whole lot more.

So, no C7 for me. Lord Willing and the creek don't rise, this car will be here for a long time to come.

Mike
Attached Images   
Old 07-31-2014, 03:17 AM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by mbsigman
We've taken a bunch of road trips with it and find it to be an excellent cruiser.

We are amongst the minority here, but we've always felt the C6 seats and cabin were pretty comfortable, even for road trips.

We just took a 2500 mile road trip recently and found the same to be true. Wifey and I were very pleasantly surprised at the comfort of the cabin and seats on our (sometimes) high-speed cruise down to SoCal from Puget Sound.

Great cars indeed.

Quick Reply: Why arent we in C7's?