C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would the JL Audio 10TW3 speakers fit in the door space on a C6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 03:55 AM
JustDoIt323
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would the JL Audio 10TW3 speakers fit in the door space on a C6?

Can these be installed where the stock 10" door speakers are?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KbWTbeI...-10TW3-D4.html
Old 07-26-2014, 08:07 AM
SeanMo
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Physically they should fit, but they are not a free air sub. They need a..519 cubic ft sealed box. Even if you built that behind them (I don't think you can because of the windows) the doors would vibrate so much it would sound like ****.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:16 AM
JustDoIt323
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanMo
Physically they should fit, but they are not a free air sub. They need a..519 cubic ft sealed box. Even if you built that behind them (I don't think you can because of the windows) the doors would vibrate so much it would sound like ****.

Aww yeah I didn't even think about that, Damn. is there any speaker combination I can put in the doors that bumps like the stock ones but has a more crisp sound? I'm not really trying to be cheap about it, SQ is just important to me so I just want something good.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:17 AM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

Even if you could get them to fit, subs sounds terrible in doors.
Don't know if you have a vert but if you don't get some quality 6.5 components for the doors, a small sub for the back and a small aftermarket amp to power them.
If a vert, 6.5's in doors and possibly a sub for the trunk or something like JL small subs for behind the seats.
Check out the audio section here, lots of interesting builds and good advice for C6's.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:37 AM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDoIt323
Aww yeah I didn't even think about that, Damn. is there any speaker combination I can put in the doors that bumps like the stock ones but has a more crisp sound? I'm not really trying to be cheap about it, SQ is just important to me so I just want something good.
Why bother? Sure, you can get an audiophile system in the Vette. But it's like putting an audiophile system on a factory production line for the workers. Too much background noise to even hear the quality.

Get notified of new replies

To Would the JL Audio 10TW3 speakers fit in the door space on a C6?

Quick Reply: Would the JL Audio 10TW3 speakers fit in the door space on a C6?