C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

region selection with factory nav question

Old 07-12-2014, 10:35 PM
JUSTAC6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default region selection with factory nav question

so i have never needed to select 8-9-10 on region selection on my 08 Z nav system but I am now in Georgia(fort Benning) and I can't select much of the east coast region I be driving to florida next week so having the option is crucial.

is there something I need to do extra because it only displays 1-7 and canada as options, personally I find it retarded to have to pick a region the nav in my grand cherokee SRT8 is so much easier to use.

I can't even use the voice option when driving for the hands free option, I have to be parked in neutral and e brake up. any suggestions?

I'm traveling for the army and I didn't bring my owners manual so I cant go to that just an FYI.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:41 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

You must have the 2 disc version and you need to put the east coast disc in.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,045 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

A few years of the C6 nav disc had two DVDs to cover all the maps, earlier ones and later ones are all on one disc.

It's possible that you have a two-disc setup, need to remove one disc and insert the other. If you can find it...

Best of luck to you.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:45 PM
JUSTCRZN
Instructor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have a 2nd disc for the Eastern US? Some were a two disc set.

Originally Posted by JUSTAC6
so i have never needed to select 8-9-10 on region selection on my 08 Z nav system but I am now in Georgia(fort Benning) and I can't select much of the east coast region I be driving to florida next week so having the option is crucial.

is there something I need to do extra because it only displays 1-7 and canada as options, personally I find it retarded to have to pick a region the nav in my grand cherokee SRT8 is so much easier to use.

I can't even use the voice option when driving for the hands free option, I have to be parked in neutral and e brake up. any suggestions?

I'm traveling for the army and I didn't bring my owners manual so I cant go to that just an FYI.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:01 PM
JUSTAC6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the the DVD case in the owners manual but didn't even think to look in it before I left texas, well that sucks.

I won't have some of my stuff for another few weeks when my wife comes to florida and brings the jeep and trailer. looks like I'm stuck to using my phone.

thanks

Get notified of new replies

To region selection with factory nav question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: region selection with factory nav question