C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange wires ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 05:17 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Default Strange wires ???

Hi all, Something a little different here so bear with me as its a little hard to describe. This is on a 2006 vert. Underneath the passenger side of the car there is a piece of the black plastic wire conduit that is hanging out from what I will call the underside of the door sill. It appears to have a couple of hoses or maybe some other smaller kind of conduit that is housing maybe some wires. My question is...has anyone had any experience with this conduit ?.....and does anyone know if they are supposed to be tucked above the part of the door sill that wraps around the bottom of the car about 4 inches underneath. The conduit seems to run about the total length of the passenger side from the back axle area to about the front wheel area. It appears that it should be all neatly tucked above and behind the sill, but the part of the sill that raps around the bottom is pretty tuff and hard to pry down without fear of breaking it. And it looks to me like the door sills may be part of a much bigger picture in that they don't exactly just come off....LOL. Anyway, anyone have a clue of what I'm attempting to describe here ??
Old 07-06-2014, 06:53 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

It would really help if you could get some pictures on here. It almost sounds like your describing brake lines but a picture would confirm it or not.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:24 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

I can appreciate how pictures would help. But I don't have a rack to hoist the car up on and my old body doesn't do the contortion thing to well as any pics would have to come from underneath the center of the car.....LOL. Had put this post on here a couple a years ago and didn't get much response then either. I can appreciate the diagnosis problem from my description. I doubt too many people even know that this conduit exist down there and I don't think they are brake related as they are way to flexible. Not sure how mine got exposed as I bought the car when it was 4 years old with 13,000 miles so it must have happened with the org. owner. I was hoping that someone at least would know about the conduit running down there and what may be in it. I think I can force it back in place, but kinda wanted to know what was in it before resorting to that. Thanks Again.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like something aftermarket that was added.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You figure this out?

Get notified of new replies

To Strange wires ???

Quick Reply: Strange wires ???