C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[RANT]So many complaints about the C6

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 06:09 AM
Zilla
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: All that glitters is Gold - Hockey Is CANADA'S game
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Default [RANT]So many complaints about the C6

I have been reading posts here about how people hate how the C6 looks and will not buy them, lets send a letter to GM and complain, lets send a wish list to GM and so on...

This really bugs me how people are slagging GM for the C6 when no one has actually seen a real C6. First of all wait until the C6 come out then make your decision if you like it or not. Don't base your decision on the C6 renditions that the magazines are putting out done on a computer. They are making these renditions from bits and pieces of information that they are getting which inturn sells magazines and that is their goal.

When the C5 first came out I didn't like it that much but then it really grew on me and now I own one. Also to this day there are many people out there that do not like the C5 and they have that right not to like the C5 it is their choice.

So when it come to the C6 no matter GM does there will be people that love the car and there will be people that will hate the car so remember

You can't please all the people all the time!!

Just my .02

Old 07-24-2002, 08:34 AM
Aaron71771
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (Zilla)

One more thing, information does not leak out of GM, it's given out in a controled fashion to build hype.
Old 07-24-2002, 08:40 AM
shamam
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (Aaron71771)

One more thing, information does not leak out of GM, it's given out in a controled fashion to build hype.
:yesnod:
Old 07-24-2002, 10:46 AM
ncvetteman
Safety Car

I think it will end up being a great car... some C5 owners are just really happy with the C5 and scared that its under development by the person that brought us the Aztec.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:47 AM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (Aaron71771)

I agree totally ...
Old 07-24-2002, 12:07 PM
Senna1994
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (ncvetteman)

Remember that Tom Peterson also worked on some design proposals for the C5. I think he was even involved with the design studio in California that handled the Purple Stingray convertible. Even though the Aztec really is a ungainly piece, I am sure GM (i.e. Lutz) will make sure the C6 will be right. GM releases information when they feel it is time, the only C6 design that will be accurate to a point will be a Beta Test car picture take by either Jim Dunne, B. Priddy, or Hans Lehman. Until than, lets quit worrying about the ugly renderings and photo shop shots (Pontiac Solistace) done by the Car Magazines to build up hype.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:14 PM
omrossi
Racer

I agree that everyone is making "rash" judgements without ever seeing the actual car. To be quite honest, I like the orange C6 that is on top of this forum.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:47 PM
35th
Drifting

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (omrossi)

I agree, I didn't like the C5 @ 1st but now think it's a :cool: :eek: Vette and may be getting 1 also :cheers: :seeya
Old 07-24-2002, 03:21 PM
mhaber
Racer

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (35th)

I trust Dave Hill will do right by Corvette, GM, and all Vette enthusiasts past, present and future.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:29 PM
VetNutJim
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (mhaber)

It's not Hill that worries me. It's the other guy...the AzWreck guy.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:02 PM
RedHot
Le Mans Master

Location: Recovering from a tragic boating accident in Jacksonville Fl
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (VetNutJim)

Some people will just cry before they are even hurt! :eek: :yesnod:

[Modified by RedHot, 7:03 AM 7/27/2002]
Old 07-26-2002, 11:58 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (Senna1994)

Amen, Senna1994.

The way some people vilify Tom Peters, you'd think the guy cooked children or swindled Shriners.

I bet Tom is as tired of hearing Aztek jokes as Dave is tired of hearing Z06 convertible requests.

.Jinx
Old 07-27-2002, 12:30 AM
bigdan
Drifting

read Dave McLellan's new book & rest easy.
Old 07-27-2002, 02:49 AM
STRSHP
Instructor

Sorry for the duplication from another thread but this is how I feel:

Think about this:

What if they made it more like the Mercedes SL except larger so that it was more Vette sized than SL sized. If they went more retro - but not tacky retro like the Thunderbird - kind of as your blue pictures shows, I could kind of dig that. Imagine having all of the trick electronics in it like color Heads-up display that could be programmed to display what and where you wanted 'stuff'', with a GPS of some sort, built in cell phone that wasn't proprietary like the M Benz is, while keeping the same comfort level that the current C5 has. Z06 size drive train for everybody. It still would have to have a coupe to provide the fast back '63 look that I have loved since '63. (Verts too for you other guys.)
And make it so the guys that want the performance of the Z06 don't have to be required to have a roof over their heads! That sucks! Targa and drop tops for everyone!

I think we need to give Dave Hill and Tom Peters and John Cafaro a chance to work this one out before me become a bunch of nee sayers based upon a bunch of speculative pictures. Remember the lousy designs everyone was showing of the C4 and C5 before they actually came out. Give them a chance! They have made us all very happy with their talants and abilities so far, why won't they be able to do it again.

Lets not be afraid of change - change can be good!
Old 07-27-2002, 09:06 AM
Liberty2000
Instructor

I reserve final judgment until I see the finished car. I read the Road & Track arcticle. That magazine is, in my opinion, one of the most boring magazines on the planet. Only Field & Stream is worse. Plus this is the same outfit whose cover, years ago, told the world the Corvette would be midengine. However, this is what gets me. Look at the Porsche 911. Basically, the styling on that car has been the same for the last forty years! Porsche put their money into engines and handling. I can live with C5 styling. If I'm running Chevrolet, your C6 gets new front and rear facias, pop-up lights with SMALL state-of-the-art lights and you check ZL2 on the option sheet and for $4,000 you get a 450 HP aluminum 454. Forget about spending zillions of dollars trying to figure out if the lights should be fixed or pop-up. Forget GPS. Oh, and forget the power convertible top too.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:48 PM
Loco Vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Loaded like a freight train, flyin' like an aeroplane!
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
CI X-XI Blind Cart Auto-X Champ
CI VI Autocross Champ
CI VIII Autocross Champ
CI VIII Cone-killin' champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (Liberty2000)

I reserve final judgment until I see the finished car. I read the Road & Track arcticle. That magazine is, in my opinion, one of the most boring magazines on the planet. Only Field & Stream is worse. Plus this is the same outfit whose cover, years ago, told the world the Corvette would be midengine. However, this is what gets me. Look at the Porsche 911. Basically, the styling on that car has been the same for the last forty years! Porsche put their money into engines and handling. I can live with C5 styling. If I'm running Chevrolet, your C6 gets new front and rear facias, pop-up lights with SMALL state-of-the-art lights and you check ZL2 on the option sheet and for $4,000 you get a 450 HP aluminum 454. Forget about spending zillions of dollars trying to figure out if the lights should be fixed or pop-up. Forget GPS. Oh, and forget the power convertible top too.
And not just because of your excellent taste in C5's!

[Modified by CathDoc, 5:49 PM 7/27/2002]
Old 07-28-2002, 01:50 PM
Liberty2000
Instructor

Thanks CathDoc! I'm sort of partial to green Corvettes and brunettes -- in that order.

Get notified of new replies

To [RANT]So many complaints about the C6

Old 07-28-2002, 01:53 PM
RedHot
Le Mans Master

Location: Recovering from a tragic boating accident in Jacksonville Fl
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (Liberty2000)

Forget about spending zillions of dollars trying to figure out if the lights should be fixed or pop-up. Forget GPS. Oh, and forget the power convertible top too.
But can we at least get a couple of decent cup holders? :cry :yesnod:
Old 07-29-2002, 12:45 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (RedHot)

To the original poster, I think you said it yourself...

The people bashing the C6, haven't seen it...therefor aren't bashing the C6, but bashing the R&T Solstice lookalike pics etc. etc.

As far as writing letters etc, if we have an idea what we want in a C6 now is the time to write (well, a few years ago actually), not after it comes out.

I don't think there's any love lost in the 'vette community by true enthusiasts when we 'bash' the C6, its just that we want more, better, faster etc... it's natural.
Old 07-29-2002, 01:58 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Re: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6 (yellow01)

I don't think there's any love lost in the 'vette community by true enthusiasts when we 'bash' the C6, its just that we want more, better, faster etc... it's natural.
Styling is still an enigma, and test numbers don't yet exist. The only three things that can safely be bashed at this point are (1) the decision to use exposed headlights, (2) the lack of power at 380hp, and (3) the decision to share platform with a Cadillac.

And really, those complaints are all philosophical, i.e. they'd exist regardless of how the actual car turns out.

.Jinx

Quick Reply: [RANT]So many complaints about the C6