C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is it so hard to get our windows tinted?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 04:46 PM
HD_Rider
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

5% tint is just stupid. Aren't you concerned at all about the safety of driving that car at night?
Old 06-27-2014, 05:51 PM
JUSTAC6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one asked for your opinion on my life decisions HD_Rider.

I've had vehicles with 0 percent tint and you can still see, if you are older and have poor vision and night blindness then sucks to be you but my eye aight is perfectly find and see everything just as clearly as I did without tint or my grands cherokee srt8 oem tint or the black face shield on my HJC motorcycle helmet.

last time I checked it was America and a free got damn country where if I want dark tint on my Z06 that I pay for then by all means safe or not I'm gonna do it. some people think driving a corvette is just stupid because if you were in an accident then you would probably just die but guess what....it's America and people do stupid **** because it's a god given right.

so why? why ask me if I think it's stupid... did you think I was gonna come back and be like... yea I guess it is, let me go pay to have it taken off because well I guess it is stupid.

WTF where you thinking?
Old 06-27-2014, 11:15 PM
PMD C6
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uhm, b/c in most states 5% tint is illegal? But you're right, it's your god given right to run 5% and get a ticket. Have fun living that YOLO life.

Last edited by PMD C6; 06-27-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:28 PM
Ramii2005
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTAC6
well the reason I went is because the owner has a Z06 who was tinted their as well it was sitting outside and looked nice. I am actually moving to eglin Air Force base in florida because of the army.

the sides look as if the tint wasn't flush with the glass and I know it takes a couple days to settle I'll look again in the morning though.

but yes, every where else I was quoted at least 400 every time for window tint, this place went from 130 and due to the wait down to 100 flat which I wasn't expecting oem style tint like my grand cherokee srt8. most of my hopes was riding on what the owners LMB Z with 5% looked like.
I am stationed on Eglin. I had a place called Websters tint my car. Great guy that has a contract with majority of dealers in the area. The matrix could of been a slight bit better, but he did a great job. Best tint job I have had in this area, by far. Whatever you do, DON'T go to SS customs for anything. The place is messed up. Just a heads up.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:11 AM
JUSTAC6
Burning Brakes

You Air Force or army? I'm going to be working on camp rudder with the ranger trainer brigade. Wondering if I could PM you some questions before I get there in a few weeks.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Jimbo 89
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pewter99
no problems here

then again.....Florida.
Daytona Flea Market.....100.00 bucks, complete, lifetime warranty
Old 06-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Ramii2005
Advanced

Originally Posted by JUSTAC6
You Air Force or army? I'm going to be working on camp rudder with the ranger trainer brigade. Wondering if I could PM you some questions before I get there in a few weeks.
Ok cool, so you are right down the road from me. I am Air Force. Been here 8 years. No problem, you can PM me.

Rob.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:00 PM
jumm
Instructor

Could someone recommend a tinter near me? Thanks

Quick Reply: Why is it so hard to get our windows tinted?