C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DC, Maryland, and Virginia Vette Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Black Cougar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC, Maryland, and Virginia Vette Owners

Hello D.M.V. vette owners,

Just curious where you take your vette to get serviced?

I'm due for an oil change soon, and called Criswell Corvette in Gaithersburg, MD, and was told that a full synthetic oil change for my vette would cost $60.00. (but the downside is it's 35 miles away from me)

Other people have told me to take it to someone I trust (which to me is the dealership) because for the most part, that's the only place my other cars get serviced. Also, because vettes are so special , I was told that whoever services it should know how and where to lift it properly.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:21 PM
DJSpeece
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Cougar
Hello D.M.V. vette owners,

Just curious where you take your vette to get serviced?

I'm due for an oil change soon, and called Criswell Corvette in Gaithersburg, MD, and was told that a full synthetic oil change for my vette would cost $60.00. (but the downside is it's 35 miles away from me)

Other people have told me to take it to someone I trust (which to me is the dealership) because for the most part, that's the only place my other cars get serviced. Also, because vettes are so special , I was told that whoever services it should know how and where to lift it properly.
I live in Mt Airy MD, and Milex in Frederick MD was recommended to me by one of the Corvette salemen at Criswell. Albert Daniel is the owner, and used to work for Criswell as a Corvette mechanic. I have fortunately only had to use him for maintenace work but have been completely satisfied (I also take my Silverado and Equinox to him as well.)
Old 06-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Black Cougar
Instructor

Originally Posted by DJSpeece
I live in Mt Airy MD, and Milex in Frederick MD was recommended to me by one of the Corvette salemen at Criswell. Albert Daniel is the owner, and used to work for Criswell as a Corvette mechanic. I have fortunately only had to use him for maintenace work but have been completely satisfied (I also take my Silverado and Equinox to him as well.)
Thank you!
Old 06-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

BC, just some info., $60 is a good price. That plus $7 what it is at my dealer.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:07 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I'd give that place in Frederick a try, or Criswell if I lived in MD. In NoVa, at a dealer, it's more by almost $20. I think another former Criswell person, Rick Kim, also does work in Frederick. I think he is a vendor here under Rick@RKT56.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:55 PM
swosanity
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AORoads
I'd give that place in Frederick a try, or Criswell if I lived in MD. In NoVa, at a dealer, it's more by almost $20. I think another former Criswell person, Rick Kim, also does work in Frederick. I think he is a vendor here under Rick@RKT56.

Damn skippy that is a good price. Just paid jiffy to change my hybrid, 92 bucks. Never again.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:13 PM
TruBluC6
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drive an hour to go to Criswell. Dina the service rep for corvettes is the very best and has always taken really good care of me and my vettes.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:30 AM
1 slow 97
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TruBluC6
I drive an hour to go to Criswell. Dina the service rep for corvettes is the very best and has always taken really good care of me and my vettes.

Dina is the best, I have driven from nova for the past 7 years to criswell and highly recommend her and her corvette tech.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Black Cougar
Instructor

Originally Posted by TruBluC6
Cool. I spoke with Dina, and she seems really nice. I will take it there for oil changes.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Black Cougar
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1 slow 97

Dina is the best, I have driven from nova for the past 7 years to criswell and highly recommend her and her corvette tech.
I like the way Dina was able to assist me, so I'll be taking it there. 35 miles isn't so bad when you want to have it done right!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 AM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,011 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Black Cougar
I like the way Dina was able to assist me, so I'll be taking it there. 35 miles isn't so bad when you want to have it done right!

Me too.... but I drive 55 miles from Gettysburg !
Old 06-30-2014, 11:37 AM
Black Cougar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Strake

Me too.... but I drive 55 miles from Gettysburg !
Old 06-30-2014, 11:43 AM
ram01
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 slow 97

I agree

Get notified of new replies

To DC, Maryland, and Virginia Vette Owners

Quick Reply: DC, Maryland, and Virginia Vette Owners