C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my c6 killing spree !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 04:26 PM
quadblackC6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my c6 killing spree !!!

::flame suit on::

I know the haters will hate. save the lectures, youre singing to the choir. .

im usually a passive driver, until provoked and feel like playing, anyways..

was cruising home with the top down, when I noticed this crossfire running up behind me, then passes closely into traffic. So I gave her some juice and followed the crossfire through traffic, until cleared. He must of wot, as I saw his *** squat n somesmoke coming out his exhaust. So I floored it, passed him like he was standing still as I wave and see him upshifting in a hurry. Ran up to 110mph then let off. We thumbs up as he speeds away, while crept home.

1-0

one day I pulled out of wawa, omw home. (It was dusk) I noticed some bright fancy red led halo lights running up on me. He comes up my rear end and pulls next to me. Turns out it was a kitted out Mustang. Hood, rims front side n rear done up and definitely had a loud exhaust. It looked rather fking mean. I think to myself awwwww sheeeet, game time. The mustang actually reved at me. Omfg. Lol. I put it in competition mode, put shifter in neutral and revved back. Lol. Then put it in S drive. We slow down to about 35mph to let traffic get ahead. I waited seemed like forever to WOT for a sign. Think he was waiting on me. I thought if he wont go I will. So I floor it, then I hear him open up. By then his front bumper was at my door. As we both stayed WOT. I stretched his *** by at least 5 car lengths by 120. I slow down, he pulls up. Give each other thumbs up. I make u turn to go home.

2-0

now yesterday was my james bond moment, or romancing of the stone movie car scene. Coming home from baltimore, I decided to make a detour on 175 to extend my cruise home, on such nice day. So cruise control set at 60mph with radio blaring. I notice a black 911. 991 911 because of the oval lights. I think, aww itd nothing worth it. Ill eat a carrera S, 4s for lunch. So as im cruising in the right lane, the 911 passes, I notice a hot blonde with visor and shades on. She looks over and our eyes meet. I tjink thats nice, until her rear end reached my door. To my amazement it was a 991 911 turbo S. I think hmmm that's worth it, but will she play.. I get behind her and she moves over and slows down. Aww **** beetch wants to play. She WOT N lets off taunting me. I catch up and were smiling at each other about 90mph. We get to some light traffics, we go around it like cat n mouse game. Then the road opened up with no traffic. As I thought she would the 911 would try to get the jump. Luckily I anticipated she would. The 911 got on it slightly before I did. 911 kicks ahead. Rear bumper got to my front wheel, then I reeled her in, kept creeping then stretched her for about 4 car lengths @150. We both let off and coasted back down to speed. Both gave each other the thumbs up blew each other kisses as I turned off(wish she would of followed)

3-0. Undefeated.

From all my days with a grand national, 500hp fd3s rx7, m5. Never raced a 911 turbo. My c6 did me proud. Nothing like kicking *** with the top down and give them this view.
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2014, 04:36 PM
quadblackC6
Instructor

Mods, that I know of.

calloway honker cai
headers
xpipe
axle back corsa exhaust
hi flo cats
im sure its been tuned by how strong shes running
but not sure.
maybe cammed by the way she sounds, but not sure. Headers
makes it hard for me to determine.

The previous owner sunk a lot of $$, in body parts n mods. Doubt he skimped out on a tune at the very least
Old 06-23-2014, 04:46 PM
ksurfer2
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Over the weekend, I drove from Tampa, FL to Ft Lauderdale FL, those in this neck of the woods are familiar with Alligator Ally! Set the Cruise at 75 and turned on some tunes. Great drive! Yesterday, driving north, A see a new Challenger speeding up behind me, he pulls along side, guns it, slows alongside again and guns it again. He slows for a third time, and this time just takes off. The whole time my cruise is set at 75 and my tunes are rocking. About 10 minutes later, I pass him....sitting on the side of the road with Florida Highway Patrol.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:59 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

You just get the car?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:03 PM
choprfgr
Burning Brakes

Beach Boys?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:09 PM
quadblackC6
Instructor

3rd week of ownership.. yea so I did just get it
Old 06-23-2014, 06:30 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by quadblackC6
Mods, that I know of.

calloway honker cai
headers
xpipe
axle back corsa exhaust
hi flo cats
im sure its been tuned by how strong shes running
but not sure.
maybe cammed by the way she sounds, but not sure. Headers
makes it hard for me to determine.

The previous owner sunk a lot of $$, in body parts n mods. Doubt he skimped out on a tune at the very least
You have no info on the car from the seller/previous owner?
Old 06-23-2014, 06:50 PM
VettenDog
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ksurfer2
Over the weekend, I drove from Tampa, FL to Ft Lauderdale FL, those in this neck of the woods are familiar with Alligator Ally! Set the Cruise at 75 and turned on some tunes. Great drive! Yesterday, driving north, A see a new Challenger speeding up behind me, he pulls along side, guns it, slows alongside again and guns it again. He slows for a third time, and this time just takes off. The whole time my cruise is set at 75 and my tunes are rocking. About 10 minutes later, I pass him....sitting on the side of the road with Florida Highway Patrol.
I love it when that happens. Those Mopar guys are a little too anxious.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:53 PM
quadblackC6
Instructor

Just found it. And just got off the phone with him.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...nvertible.html

bought it from dealer, less than they gave him on trade in. Yaayyaayyayyy.

lucky for me. They didnt take his name from the start up in the DIC.

and used this forum to find him.

so no cam. But was tuned. He said it dynod n have sheet for 485 hp to 500rwhp depending on weather conditions.

Gosh I feeling even more bliss. I didnt want to open the motor to see if was cammed.

Woooohoooo

Last edited by quadblackC6; 06-23-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:57 PM
quadblackC6
Instructor

Oh yea the k40 rl360 works great.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:00 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by quadblackC6
Just found it. And just got off the phone with him.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...nvertible.html

bought it from dealer, less than they gave him on trade in. Yaayyaayyayyy.

lucky for me. They didnt take his name from the start up in the DIC.

and used this forum to find him.

so no cam. But was tuned. He said it dynod n have sheet for 485 hp to 500rwhp depending on weather conditions.

Gosh I feeling even more bliss. I didnt want to open the motor to see if was cammed.

Woooohoooo
485 hp to 500rwhp? It's gotta be cammed, a tune, headers and CAI won't get that amount
Old 06-23-2014, 07:03 PM
quadblackC6
Instructor

Raggdoll, I dont know.

but the previous owner said it was dynod tuned n dynod, with dyno sheets as proof.

ill take his word for it. But you never know..
Old 06-23-2014, 07:14 PM
TorontoC6
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry, you don't have 485 -500 rwhp unless you have cam, heads, etc.

500 rwhp would require ~570hp at the crank. That's 140hp over a stock LS3.

What year is the vette (i.e is it an LS2 or LS3)?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:39 PM
raspyc6
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

MY friend...one of 2 things is true. Either you have a VERY healthy cam in that Vette and it is an LS3 (with maybe head work/ "heads cleaned up") or your numbers simply do not pan out as you suggest. Outside of this the numbers you speak of do not work out as suggested by fellas above. What hooks my eyebrow is you speaking of spanking *** on a 911 Turbo S...that is a VERY formidable car in its own right. A 911 Turbo S is the one car I can think of that is a street car and not sprayed that has caused me to see tail lights. I have a full bolt-on, tuned LS3 with suspension mods and it was close but no cigar so your story would seem lofty unless the above was true.

...OR that lady could not drive OR she was just yanking your chain or whatever appendage.

....just sayin'.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 PM
KORACK
Intermediate

Originally Posted by raspyc6
MY friend...one of 2 things is true. Either you have a VERY healthy cam in that Vette and it is an LS3 (with maybe head work/ "heads cleaned up") or your numbers simply do not pan out as you suggest. Outside of this the numbers you speak of do not work out as suggested by fellas above. What hooks my eyebrow is you speaking of spanking *** on a 911 Turbo S...that is a VERY formidable car in its own right. A 911 Turbo S is the one car I can think of that is a street car and not sprayed that has caused me to see tail lights. I have a full bolt-on, tuned LS3 with suspension mods and it was close but no cigar so your story would seem lofty unless the above was true.

...OR that lady could not drive OR she was just yanking your chain or whatever appendage.

....just sayin'.
+1....I agree
Old 06-23-2014, 08:14 PM
BLEKVET
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 151 Posts

470+ at the rear will run with a 911 turbo. To spank it, the P car driver just don't know how to run.

Op, I believe your car runs like a bat out of hell. For 470+ at rear! you need a healthy cam. G6x3 with headers will give an LS3 exactly 470 at the rear
Old 06-23-2014, 08:30 PM
raspyc6
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

It almost bothers me he does not know more detail...not like I won't sleep but even a shelf cam like the g6x3 idles off enough for one to say that ain;t an LS3/LS6 cam.

Get notified of new replies

To my c6 killing spree !!!

Old 06-23-2014, 08:46 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 06-23-2014, 10:04 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Guys we see this error quite often. Dyno sheets don't show RWHP. RWHP is getting confused with crank HP. CAI, headers, tune = +35 to 40 HP

Also, WRT the 911 turbo, doesn't the year model have a significant impact? I remember when an LS2 C6 was tested by R&T or C&D against a 911 turbo on Leguna Seca and the C6 won.

Sounds like folks are assuming the OP raced a new 911T.

Last edited by need-for-speed; 06-23-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Moose_44
Burning Brakes

He will be at 550 hp if he adds a a big wing on the back. Seriously, the previous owner said so! I was waiting for the " then I smoked a new GT-R from a standstill" story next. Get real man, can't get away with the Bs numbers on this forum.

Quick Reply: my c6 killing spree !!!