C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my c6 killing spree !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 12:34 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

The first two were pushovers for a stock C6, but how you dealt with the race with the 911 was pure stupid.

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER shame a hot blonde no matter what she is driving. If she has a slower car, simply pace her. When you both slow down, you have an opportunity to start a conversation about cars and how well matched you were. All you got was a dumb kill story and she's gone.

Kids these days. Hmmm
Old 06-24-2014, 05:58 AM
quadblackC6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could of been worse.....

ie: the blonde with the supercar could be on a porsche forum, telling her corvette kill story.

I was WOT, the porsche could of been pacing or whatever. But at the end of the day. The c6 spanked dat a$$.

Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2014, 06:11 AM
DaveA
Advanced

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
The first two were pushovers for a stock C6, :
Not exactly.if the Crossfire in question had a large wing on the rear it's an SRT6, they are an AMG supercharged motor , and a high 12 second car stock. With a pulley, intake and tune , they will easily stay with a stock LS3.
I had two before buying this latest vette, and they are way quicker than most people think, with the above mods they're good for 420+ crank horsepower .............just sayin'
Attached Images  

Last edited by DaveA; 06-24-2014 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:36 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,934 Likes on 4,814 Posts

All I can add is well done, especially on the 911 Turbo they are one mean machine.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:49 PM
push
Racer

You bought a car without knowing what mods were done to it? lol
Old 06-24-2014, 01:18 PM
whit1
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I just had AR long tube headers n tune/ Dyno done.
Grand sport LS3. Made 400RWHP, 476 crank
Cam might be next for me
Old 06-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Blazin383
Instructor

I won't get all wound up on how much hp and what kinds of mods you may or may not have done to the car! The kills are always fun to hear about! Be safe, but have fun, that's what I say!
Old 06-24-2014, 03:08 PM
paracord
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

The badge and caliper covers were what did it!

Old 06-24-2014, 04:22 PM
quadblackC6
Instructor

4 - 0

Mercedes CLS550 AMG bites the dust. I know why waste the gas. Not sure whats under the hood. Not sure if its supercharged or not. Its older without the LED lights.

Leaving work little early around 1pm, so traffic on 495 in md between new hampshire avenue was relatively light. I get on 495 south cruising at pace about 80mph toward the 95n/495 split, I see a car charging hard in the rear view, I think hmmmm. As it zooms by I see its a white cls550 amg. My buddy wants a newer cls550 and just raves about it. So this kill was for my homie.!!! I pick up the pace as he slows down for the college park 95s/495 merge. Thats where I get next to whoever with limo tint and smile. He gets on the throttle and cuts through traffic to get ahead of the pack of cars we were in. He slows down n let me catch up around. 295 greenbelt exit. Road is wide open. 5 lane highway all the way to route 50. We are door to door about 70mph. I look over n just start nodding. With me pointing down the highway.. the cls550 got seems like a 2second jump. Being a show off. CLS got at least 2 car length lead. As I redline (wish I could see what gear my a6 is in not in paddle mode) I start pulling on him. Then next to him and start stretching him faster n faster. I stayed in it a little longer to put a stamp on it. I let off about 170. Then about 2 second later the CLS flies by. STILL getting it. I flash my high beams hit my hazard, pulled on to route 50 n took the back way home.

wierd. Seems like everyone wants a piece of the vette. No one ever wanted any RX7.
maybe because I only drove the mazda very seldom. Because its was so loud, uncomfortable , harsh ride and a pita getting in and out. Lol

would love to put my old rx7 on my hit list. After I get my vette super charged, ill have to give the new owner in Massachusetts a call.

My ex ....
475rwhp @2800lbs. T78 single turbo @30psi with race fuel.
Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2014, 04:27 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by quadblackC6
It could of been worse.....

ie: the blonde with the supercar could be on a porsche forum, telling her corvette kill story.

I was WOT, the porsche could of been pacing or whatever. But at the end of the day. The c6 spanked dat a$$.

...and if you had followed HOXXOH's advice, it could have been HER *** you were spanking.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:29 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Livin' your life a quarter mile at a time! No granny shiftin...and double clutch like you should. Becareful you don't blow the welds on the intake.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:29 PM
quadblackC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by paracord
The badge and caliper covers were what did it!

Dont forget the crackling n gargling of the exhaust.
gives me such a boner.

no pun intended. Lol
Old 06-30-2014, 07:18 AM
quadblackC6
Instructor

Default audi tt rs bites the dust..

5-0

audi tt rs goes down.

on the way home after dropping my gf off at home in Baltimore, friday night. Im casually driving home on routr 97. With my cruise control @68mph. I noticed a white audi tt, with led rear lights. I drove by thinking, damn sucks to be him, broke down or whatever. So I kept on cruising. Then about 2 minutes later, I notice some hid light n leds charging hard. The audi tailgates me n rides my bumper for a little bit. I hit my brakes to disengage the cruise control and put it in S. The audi then pulls next to me and looks at me nodding his head. He guns it and leads the way through light traffic, then it clears up. I pull up next to him. We both look n smile. Then the sob floors it and gets a jump on me. He gets a half car lead as I WOT, I instantaneous pull door to door. And proceeded to stretch him by at least 10 cars up to 160mph, as I let off. He comes screaming by as I gave him peace sign as I go back to 70mph n cruise home.
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2014, 07:40 AM
quadblackC6
Instructor

Default down goes VIPER.....DOWN GOES VIPER!!!

On my way to annapolis from dc, I get on route 50 from 295. Im cruising along, I notice something sweet in the distance. I pick up the pace until, I noticed it was a viper. (Pic was taken before game time). I think to myself, I dont know Viper might take me.

I pull up next to the viper and we both look at each other and smile. Gave each other a thumbs up. Then I put it in neutral n rev at him, as I point ahead as in lets go. He shakes his head as in no. So I smile, put it in S, n floor it away from him. He muat of heard my exhaust n maybe I was worth his time.

As I let off after flooring it away from him to bait him. Low n behold, he comes flying up next to me. Now were side by side again. I hear him down shift as I hear his motor winding up. Probably in 2nd or 3rd gear. Its game time. I put it in s drive put it in competition mode. Viper is pacing me, waiting I presume. I admit, I did get the jump.
After a brief pause, I floor it. I hear the viper start screaming n rear squated. The vipers nose stayed at my passenger door basically all the way to 170mph.
I take that as a win. Yaaay booooy.

We both slow down gave the thumbs up as I take my exit.
was a really great experience. ..

my vette 7-0....
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2014, 07:48 AM
CheckSix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to steal your thunder... but I got bounced by a Tesla yesterday. Some Indian dude (vanity plate gave away his nationality) driving his Tesla saw me and did the juvenile thing. I toyed with him... letting him think he was keeping up with my Vette.... then, I put the hammer down and left him in my dust. At the next light, he wouldn't even look over at me, maybe because I was laughing so hard!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:59 AM
Stage Runner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by quadblackC6
On my way to annapolis from dc, I get on route 50 from 295. Im cruising along, I notice something sweet in the distance. I pick up the pace until, I noticed it was a viper. (Pic was taken before game time). I think to myself, I dont know Viper might take me.

I pull up next to the viper and we both look at each other and smile. Gave each other a thumbs up. Then I put it in neutral n rev at him, as I point ahead as in lets go. He shakes his head as in no. So I smile, put it in S, n floor it away from him. He muat of heard my exhaust n maybe I was worth his time.

As I let off after flooring it away from him to bait him. Low n behold, he comes flying up next to me. Now were side by side again. I hear him down shift as I hear his motor winding up. Probably in 2nd or 3rd gear. Its game time. I put it in s drive put it in competition mode. Viper is pacing me, waiting I presume. I admit, I did get the jump.
After a brief pause, I floor it. I hear the viper start screaming n rear squated. The vipers nose stayed at my passenger door basically all the way to 170mph.
I take that as a win. Yaaay booooy.

We both slow down gave the thumbs up as I take my exit.
was a really great experience. ..

my vette 7-0....
Calling BULL CRAP, Viper then 170 and if your doing over 100 with traffic that's as foolish as swallowing this load of ****
Old 06-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Old Boot
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course you all just before you ran these cars slipped into the ever available track just off the main road to keep it legal (like I do ).
In case we have any of those ya can't speed on the road haters are reading this! (1 MPH over is breaking the law, from what I understand if you shoot a guy with 5 bullets its the same as 1)
Now what surprises me and I didn't know till a couple weeks ago that the Cameros have a govener on them (was a 1SS).I'm "told" they are good to about 140 and at 170 they sure grow small in that rear view mirror real fast.
So i'm told

Get notified of new replies

To my c6 killing spree !!!

Old 06-30-2014, 08:36 AM
forensicsteve
Instructor

Viper must have been a Gen 3. Looks almost identical to a Gen 4. I had a Gen 3 before my Gen 5. The 3 is considered a slow viper.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:43 AM
CheckSix
Racer

by the way, I saw earlier in this thread, claims about dyno hp. I've been around Dynojets for a long time. They are a good tool for seeing incremental changes on the same vehicle, on the same dyno, on the same day.... but don't ever think that they are calibrated and provide absolute hp readings... they are NOT! We have run the same vehicle on multiple dynos the same day and got at least a 10% spread. And... to make it worse, an unscrupulous dyno operator can fudge the numbers by telling the dyno software false elevation and weather data, to make his dyno numbers more "generous". We call a dyno, a BS meter. But, they can be used responsibly and can be used to compare before and after motor changes to see how things have changed. Most people don't understand how they work and how they can be manipulated.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:05 AM
jenablist
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I read some of the Engineers replies about the legit theory behind what can be accomplished with those custom(i'm a real engineer btw) ..,sorry but for me the disappointing bit is that you did not take the Blonde with the porsche back home!
i mean thats what Rwhp is all about!! that counts 2000rwhp!

7-1

stop messing around and go to the track! not as many available blondes there but safer & can be alot of fuuuun

Quick Reply: my c6 killing spree !!!