C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Drag Radial Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 02:36 AM
SilverC(sex)
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help with Drag Radial Sizes

I am in the market for a set of drag radials and I need to know if the P305/35R19 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials with fit on my 08 Base C6 with no rubbing or anything? Someone please help me out here!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:01 PM
user1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverC(sex)
I am in the market for a set of drag radials and I need to know if the P305/35R19 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials with fit on my 08 Base C6 with no rubbing or anything? Someone please help me out here!

Rule of thumb here on C6's, etc. is to stay under .70-.75" difference from factory dia. height, so as not to have any electrical issues such as ABS, Handling, etc. codes pop up.

Your Mickey T's at 305/35 x 19 at 27.9" Diameter vs. stock 285/35 x 19's at about 26.75" would fall somewhere over 1" taller. That's where you would possibly encounter a situation.
The tire will fit on your rim fine, and shouldn't pose you any rubbing problems problems as you questioned.
It's the height variable that you'd want to check out before you mount them. JMO.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:17 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Default Yes they are fine

Originally Posted by SilverC(sex)
I run them on 2 base C6's without any issues.no problems on anything with difference in height.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:58 PM
veloz
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

im trying to figure this out too. i think what your are trying to do is keep the same oem rim but with a wider tire for drag. im not an expert on this yet but this might go slightly against what you are really trying to do when at the dragstrip...what you want is more tire all around the rim to let more tire contact patch on the track during hard acceleration hence helping you put more power to the ground. by keeping almost the same rubber around rim you might be defeating the purpose IMO..to add more rubber around rim though you will have to change rim diameter..most ppl ive seen run either a 17" or 18" diameter rim and pick the right tire size to give them the most tire around rim and keep it in the oem 26.75" total tire diameter to help you with the electronics of the car...my 2cents...
Old 06-18-2014, 08:53 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

There's a world of difference between using drag radials for the street and for the strip.

If it's for the street you might as well get the ones that last the longest and don't change the front/rear bias much from stock. DR's for the street are dangerous when wet and don't make a big enough difference in traction to warrant the short mileage.

Short of big gear or suspension changes DR's for the dragstrip are best in the 275/40x17 size and used on a light 17" wheel. Hoosier's are the lightest, but wear out quicker. They'll be good up to ~600 rwhp.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with Drag Radial Sizes

Quick Reply: Help with Drag Radial Sizes