C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sadly I'm selling my baby 2006 vert - Final polish and clean. Pictures before & after

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 12:29 PM
f152tall
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 150 Posts

Default Sadly I'm selling my baby 2006 vert - Final polish and clean. Pictures before & after

Selling my 2006 Monterey Red Convertible Corvette tomorrow. I used GlenE's system of making it shine and it turned out great. Amazing that it is an 8 year old paint job. It really POPS!!!!

I used Zaino before but was looking for a different process that wasn't so time consuming. The system was very easy. Happy I found it. I bought a new polisher, Orange, blue and white pads, TPnS, All Finish Paint Protection, Crystal seal. These pics are after a wash, clay, TPnS, Crystal Seal. Only time I've polished a vehicle. Pretty easy but had to remove 8+ years of swirls and scratches. Looks great now.

My new house has only a carport versus my garage. Car spends time under a cover now at night. All good; it's about the ride not the destination. Selling to a nice gentleman who's driving down form Northern Alabama tomorrow. Sad to see it go. But....I'm getting a 2015 TR Coupe, NPP, NAV, A8 Auto. Giddie up. Hate to be without a vett for 4-5 months but the price was right. See you on the C7 forum.
Attached Images       
Old 06-09-2014, 12:31 PM
f152tall
Burning Brakes

Default The before pictures

The first of a few before pictures
Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2014, 12:33 PM
f152tall
Burning Brakes

more before pics
Attached Images   
Old 06-09-2014, 12:33 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Car looks amazing
What did you use on it?
Happy you are getting another vette and not jumping ship.
The guy getting this one will love it

Lisa
Old 06-09-2014, 12:34 PM
f152tall
Burning Brakes

Last of the before pics
Attached Images   
Old 06-09-2014, 12:38 PM
f152tall
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C6Whatever
Car looks amazing
What did you use on it?
Happy you are getting another vette and not jumping ship.
The guy getting this one will love it

Lisa
Used a Cable Porter 7424 5" polisher. First time using that system. I had previously put zaino over the top of all of the swirl marks and water spots (because I was afraid to use an orbital polisher on my car). It was much easier than I had imagined. About 2 1/2 hours for the first step. 1) Blackfire Total Polish and Seal with a light cutting pad, then 2) Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection with a finishing pad, then 3) Crystal Seal with a microfiber applicator. Much easier than Zaino. Arguable which one looks better but this is much easier.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:52 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Thanks Tony. Like you I have been using the Zanio and also am afraid of using a polisher or buffer on my car. Still scared to death of messy it up I have some swirls (not real bad) that drive me crazy every time I wash it. My husband says I am nuts and he doesn't see them but since it's my car I don't think he really looks at it the way I do. Have thought about getting it professionally done but in my area there isn't anyone that really knows what they are doing.
Thank you again for the info and congrats on your soon to be new arrival.

Lisa
Old 06-10-2014, 11:10 AM
bonnell
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

That is a beautiful car! I am about to put my '08 CRM vert up for sale. Your Monterey Red vert and my CRM vert sure look a lot alike. The colors are very similar.

I hope that you enjoy your new C7
Old 06-10-2014, 11:40 AM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bonnell
That is a beautiful car! I am about to put my '08 CRM vert up for sale. Your Monterey Red vert and my CRM vert sure look a lot alike. The colors are very similar.

I hope that you enjoy your new C7
Seems like you just got your 08. Are you getting another vette too?
Old 06-10-2014, 12:13 PM
bonnell
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Whatever
Seems like you just got your 08. Are you getting another vette too?

Hi C6Whatever,

Yes, I just got mine in March. I found a really great deal on it so I bought it and I have enjoyed it greatly. This is my sixth and I intended to keep it for a while before maybe getting a GS or C7.

I have a home in Arkansas as well as in Florida. I live in Florida and decided to sell in Arkansas. I have learned from my realtor that based on certain existing local area conditions, my home is going to sell for about $25-$35K less than expected. This was very much unexpected.

I am going to sell my vette and sell my Arkansas house. Based on what I get, I will determine what my next home purchase will be.

Once I have that purchase out of the way I will (hopefully) buy another vette. However, my home purchase takes precedence.

Last edited by bonnell; 06-10-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

It's going to be a LONG 5 months for sure !!!
Old 06-10-2014, 03:25 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by f152tall
Selling my 2006 Monterey Red Convertible Corvette tomorrow. I used GlenE's system of making it shine and it turned out great. Amazing that it is an 8 year old paint job. It really POPS!!!!

I used Zaino before but was looking for a different process that wasn't so time consuming. The system was very easy. Happy I found it. I bought a new polisher, Orange, blue and white pads, TPnS, All Finish Paint Protection, Crystal seal. These pics are after a wash, clay, TPnS, Crystal Seal. Only time I've polished a vehicle. Pretty easy but had to remove 8+ years of swirls and scratches. Looks great now.

My new house has only a carport versus my garage. Car spends time under a cover now at night. All good; it's about the ride not the destination. Selling to a nice gentleman who's driving down form Northern Alabama tomorrow. Sad to see it go. But....I'm getting a 2015 TR Coupe, NPP, NAV, A8 Auto. Giddie up. Hate to be without a vett for 4-5 months but the price was right. See you on the C7 forum.
ther are those on the forum that will call you a girlie boy for getting the A8, not me, i totally agree with you. congrats and lots of luck.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:57 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by f152tall

Well, you won't see me there anytime soon, but congrats. The upgrade from the 06 auto will be huge!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:59 PM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

congrats on the purchase

Get notified of new replies

To Sadly I'm selling my baby 2006 vert - Final polish and clean. Pictures before & after

Quick Reply: Sadly I'm selling my baby 2006 vert - Final polish and clean. Pictures before & after