C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the h@ll is wrong with people

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Mrc100
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 47 Posts
Default What the h@ll is wrong with people

I go out this morning for a 5 mile pleasure cruze around town. Just normal driving no unusually fast accelerations, just typical driving. First a RAM next to me figures he has to show everyone how fast and loud his truck is and in the process nearly causes and accident cutting in and out of traffic to blow my doors off. In a 45 zone he probably cracked 90mph. I say to myself, whatever. Drive a few more miles and see a nice black Camaro at an intersection. When I drive by along with traffic he's bouncing the motor off of the rev limiter, apparently to try and impress someone. Weird. I had to say to myself what the h@ll is wrong with people! Perhaps a little insecurity, idk? I want a license plate that says something to the affect...if you want to race rub salt.

I know this is just another one of those threads but I just had to share.

I'm assuming traffic has settled down now that I put the Vette back in the garage. lol

Now it time to go out and mow the grass.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:44 PM
oldtee
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrc100
I go out this morning for a 5 mile pleasure cruze around town. Just normal driving no unusually fast accelerations, just typical driving. First a RAM next to me figures he has to show everyone how fast and loud his truck is and in the process nearly causes and accident cutting in and out of traffic to blow my doors off. In a 45 zone he probably cracked 90mph. I say to myself, whatever. Drive a few more miles and see a nice black Camaro at an intersection. When I drive by along with traffic he's bouncing the motor off of the rev limiter, apparently to try and impress someone. Weird. I had to say to myself what the h@ll is wrong with people! Perhaps a little insecurity, idk? I want a license plate that says something to the affect...if you want to race rub salt.

I know this is just another one of those threads but I just had to share.

I'm assuming traffic has settled down now that I put the Vette back in the garage. lol

Now it time to go out and mow the grass.
The great thing about a Corvette is you don't need to prove anything to anybody. Keep it zipped up cause you know, on the track, the other guy will be parked and steaming while you just cruse around, except maybe if you come across a Porsche.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:46 PM
CodyC6
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's just the way it is, at least around here. Regardless of the car I'm in, in all honesty it is a bizarre day if something odd or stupid doesn't happen on the road.

Heck, I had a guy run a red light and I was able to avoid the collision. He eventually came racing by me, jerked his car into my lane right at my bumper, slammed on his brakes and flipped me off. All I had done was not T-bone his door, and I was the "bad" guy. Many days I wish I had the Blues Brother car and add some harness belts.

Last edited by CodyC6; 06-08-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:00 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

There's a lot of stupid out there.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:04 PM
BadgeZ28
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like ***** bigger than brain syndrome
Old 06-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Mrc100
Burning Brakes

When I'm in my Chevy Cruze...yep that's my daily driver - talk about slow (but great trip car...handles very well) Non of this stuff happens. I'm okay with it but gosh it's really kind of stupid sometimes. I mean, you have a giant RAM pickup and you actually think it's sports car quick.

Thanks for entertaining me on this thing.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:08 PM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happens to me all the time!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

When I'm in my Chevy Cruze...yep that's my daily driver - talk about slow (but great trip car...handles very well) Non of this stuff happens. I'm okay with it but gosh it's really kind of stupid sometimes. I mean, you have a giant RAM pickup and you actually think it's sports car quick.

Down here,there are some of those Turbo Diesels that will blow the doors off of a vette.Young punts with rich Parents......
Old 06-08-2014, 01:35 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

they are stupid, in general.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Mrc100
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
Down here,there are some of those Turbo Diesels that will blow the doors off of a vette.Young punts with rich Parents......
Yup until the road hits a curve...This was just a higher end RAM which is actually pretty quick for 5,00lbs?
Old 06-08-2014, 01:46 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

haha - same here. I have a Cruze for DD. Very nice for a small Chevy but certainly not a vette by any means.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:54 PM
jack5hd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just wait until the road gets curvy............
Old 06-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Yep, I get the same thing, even when I'm sitting at the gas pump. "Hot Rods" (I use the term loosely) rev their motors, peel out at stop lights. I once was sitting at a red light and a old Moosetang Cobra pull up and start revving his motor. So, I started revving mine, the wife looks over at me and says, "what are you doing?". Watch this, I replied. Light goes green, he peels off in a thunderous roar. I pulled off like an old man and the wife just starts laughing as I did.

About a mile down the road, I kid you not, there he was pulled over with bubble gum lights and all. I had to honk as I passed on by.

One of my favorite Corvette stories. Two words that go together speed and track, not speed and street.

I was Ted Nugget that said, "the trick is not go so fast that they can't see you in your car, this trick is to go slow enough that they do see you in your fast car".
Old 06-08-2014, 02:21 PM
raspyc6
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

In my experience what the OP is saying is every day for me. Last night, a ricer in an MR2 with the courtesy fart pipe exhaust is dropping gears and pulling up back and forth next to me. I am pretty sure he was aware of the Florida Highway Patrol watching all of this too. WE pull up finally next to each other at a light and FHP pulls up behind us splitting the lanes and like 2-3 cars back. I roll down the window and yell to the right, "Hey...you know there is FHP behind us, right?" He waits to answer and says, "Yeah, I know." Light turns green and he takes off...of course...faster than he should have and pulls in front of me and I get into the R turn lane to go south on I-75 as the FHP starts tailing the ricer and off I went. This sort of thing happens ALL the time to me. Same road a few weeks ago...not a ricer but a heads/ cam E63 Mercedes. That was a very happy story I cannot tell here.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:21 PM
zero11
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those jackass's are every ware ,I guess you can say vette's are car magnets for those wannabes.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:22 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,932 Likes on 4,812 Posts

Old 06-08-2014, 04:33 PM
11Black-GS
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by raspyc6
. Same road a few weeks ago...not a ricer but a heads/ cam E63 Mercedes. That was a very happy story I cannot tell here.
Please do.

Get notified of new replies

To What the h@ll is wrong with people

Old 06-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,863 Likes on 1,983 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Happens to me all the time with all kinds of cars and mini vans....even more when I'm wearing my old straw cowboy hat..... That really sets them off for some reason.........
Old 06-08-2014, 07:57 PM
kjone33
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happens here in Miami from the moment I pull out of the garage and down the road. Doesn't matter if they are in front of you, behind you, beside you or even going the opposite direction. It's like the car flips the douche bag switch on for all others driving around you. I can't do much but laugh most of the time, but at other times it can be annoying. It does something particularly special to those driving camaros, chargers and mustangs.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:05 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

and i thought that kind of stupid just happens in pa. i guess no matter where your from you have your crazies too.

Quick Reply: What the h@ll is wrong with people