C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 2007 C6 low mileage...how much should I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 02:03 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by SlothX311
While I realize you're trying to exert your alpha male status... You're a horrible person.
...and you're a self-righteous *****. What does his girlfriend being pregnant have to do with his ownership of a Corvette or making a clearly facetious remark about a Z06 being cheaper than a younger woman? I'm a 33 year old dad with full custody and my kid loves riding in my Corvette. She even helps me spot Corvettes so we can double up on "the wave."

Last edited by ProfessorDeath; 06-01-2014 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:28 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by rfkirk
Just purchased a black 2007 coupe with 4,100 miles. 3LT trim, auto, two-tone interior, Z51, and Nav for $35k. Car looks and runs brand new.
I think you could have bought the car for a little cheaper. You can find 2008-2010s for that much. But it depends on what you want. They weren't in the color that I wanted and they didn't have magride.

There was a 4LT with less than 4000 miles on it with every single option included not too long ago that I think sold for 35K. But it was orange.

For the OP, I wouldn't may more than 28, but that is just me.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Firewater Burns
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by c6wantedNOW
One other thing, do you feel with the introduction of C7 that all C6 will take a hit in value?
Without seeing some sales numbers from GM or spending the time to personally track sales of corvettes over the last year, then comparing it to previous years, it is all speculation.

As others have theorized, the release of the C7 may have bumped up the whole brand due to all the press coverage. People, that may not have had a corvette on their radar, all of a sudden see these news outlets covering the release of the C7. Turning the Corvette into the hot car brand this summer.

Some of these new people in the market cant afford the 60K+ price tag of a C7, so now you get some trickle down to the 30k range of the C6. Thus driving the price even higher this summer. Once the buzz from the C7 dies out, we may see the price of the C6 drop off. GM will try to keep the buzz going. One reason delaying the release of the Zo6 and Zed R One makes good marketing tools. Next year we will get to see the HP and racing numbers for the wide bodies, hopefully keeping the press circulating free publicity.

Last edited by Firewater Burns; 06-01-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:40 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,221 Likes on 832 Posts

Nice pic! Your last sentence kinda confused me a little...don't you mean no trade opens up LESS opportunities? I'm guessing if I want to trade it in I would get a better price?
No trades makes it easier to negotiate a deal imo and you can buy from dealers not as close with less hassle..
Old 06-02-2014, 12:44 AM
lakeguy434
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll bring it into the dealer in the next few days and ask them what they would pay for it, and to see if they would still pay $27000 for it. Will keep you all posted. Thanks again for all the input!

Oh one last thing, do you think it is worth it to go to different dealers to see what they would pay for it? Or do they all have the same price?
If you have a CarMax in your area, take it there and you'll get an instant offer. May be a good one, May not be. But at least you'll have something to compare the dealer offer to
Old 06-02-2014, 06:44 PM
c6wantedNOW
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up selling it to CarMax. Thank you all for all the information, it is greatly appreciated! Sad to give up my vette...looking forward to hopefully owning it again in the future!

Quick Reply: Selling my 2007 C6 low mileage...how much should I expect?