C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you done with your garage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 05:29 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Red08
Regarding garages, has anyone used a product called Pour-N-Restore? It is used to clean oil stains on garage floors. Does it work as advertised? Any opinions?
I've never used that but I've use a product call Ospho (phosphoric Acid). It will remove pretty much everything from the garage floor (sealer too) from oils, grease, paints, etc..

If you're planning on doing an epoxy coating on your floor I'd use Ospho to chemically etch the floor and eliminate the sanding step.

works awesome.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,503 Likes on 819 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by IDSRVIT
I've never used that but I've use a product call Ospho (phosphoric Acid). It will remove pretty much everything from the garage floor (sealer too) from oils, grease, paints, etc..

If you're planning on doing an epoxy coating on your floor I'd use Ospho to chemically etch the floor and eliminate the sanding step.

works awesome.
it looks like it is used for metals?
Old 05-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Jclgodale3
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Here' my 28x60 garage condo in progress. Pictures are a bit out dated, as I now have the mudding, texturing, and some painting done.

The Project came to a screeching halt a couple weeks back when my neighbor in the condo next to me reported me for not getting a permit when he got one for his unit and then I needed an electrical inspection done before continuing. Good thing being in more of a rural setting the inspector had no issues at all with me having sheet rock up. Bad thing for my neighbor on two accounts. 1) I used to have an electricians license so everything on mine was per code and mine passed with flying colors. 2) My neighbor should have thought about Karma when he reported me since his payback was his garage ended up failing inspection and he ended up needing to rip sheet rock out. That madam Karma, she'll bite you if you're not careful.

Any who, progress has started again, I hope to get the final painting done memorial day weekend, then I'll start on trim and carpet in the mezzanine loft, wood flooring in the kitchenette area, and rubber tiling in the tool room and wood shop.

Can't wait for this to be done so I can get back to working on the cars again.
Very VERY nice!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:48 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mad*Max
it looks like it is used for metals?
Funny stroy about that. I bought it while restoring my classic mustangs, since it neutralizes the rust, but while using it, I notice it dripping on the cement and bubbling. When I washed the floor later on, anywhere there was drop of this stuff a perfectly clean, perfectly etched dot in my garge floor.

I did it on a huge oil spot I had in the floor too....same deal, took care of the oil spot but also etched the floor. Actually had to do more of the floor since now I had this clean spot and a dirty floor surrounding it.

A guy in our neighborhood just had his garge floor done by a preofessional service and they used a phosphoric acid based cleaner also to etch the floor verses sanding it. They noted it penetrates the pores better in the concrete for better adhersion of the epoxy and there is no dust from sanding..

Last edited by IDSRVIT; 05-20-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:51 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jclgodale3
Very VERY nice!
Thanks... not sure what I like doing more....building or working on cars. They are both great.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:16 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by bradc6
Mine is full of old (and new) Chevys. Need to get a lift at some point.

WoW!! how do you make up your mind which one to drive????
Old 05-20-2014, 07:19 PM
red4twenty7
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 13 Posts
Default garage

here is mine with my 2008, floor needs to be redone with race deck or tile, any opinions what is better over the long haul?
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2014, 07:28 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

Here' my 28x60 garage condo in progress. Pictures are a bit out dated, as I now have the mudding, texturing, and some painting done.

The Project came to a screeching halt a couple weeks back when my neighbor in the condo next to me reported me for not getting a permit when he got one for his unit and then I needed an electrical inspection done before continuing. Good thing being in more of a rural setting the inspector had no issues at all with me having sheet rock up. Bad thing for my neighbor on two accounts. 1) I used to have an electricians license so everything on mine was per code and mine passed with flying colors. 2) My neighbor should have thought about Karma when he reported me since his payback was his garage ended up failing inspection and he ended up needing to rip sheet rock out. That madam Karma, she'll bite you if you're not careful.

Any who, progress has started again, I hope to get the final painting done memorial day weekend, then I'll start on trim and carpet in the mezzanine loft, wood flooring in the kitchenette area, and rubber tiling in the tool room and wood shop.

Can't wait for this to be done so I can get back to working on the cars again.

Hinged Stairway - closed

Hinged stairway - open

12x20 Body Shop Room

9x10 Tool Room (will have washer / dryer & shop sink) - all plumbing stubbed in but the pictures don't show it

Compressor Room under the stairs - Sound Proofed

Various Photos from lower level

12x12 Wood Shop upstairs

Various photos of the mini Kitchen (will have 18x18 sink, upper cabinet, Dorm fridge & microwave

Various photos of living room upstairs

your neighbor is an azz! nice workmanship,cant wait to see finished product.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

thanks for clarifying, will it also remove the old epoxy?

Funny stroy about that. I bought it while restoring my classic mustangs, since it neutralizes the rust, but while using it, I notice it dripping on the cement and bubbling. When I washed the floor later on, anywhere there was drop of this stuff a perfectly clean, perfectly etched dot in my garge floor.

I did it on a huge oil spot I had in the floor too....same deal, took care of the oil spot but also etched the floor. Actually had to do more of the floor since now I had this clean spot and a dirty floor surrounding it.

A guy in our neighborhood just had his garge floor done by a preofessional service and they used a phosphoric acid based cleaner also to etch the floor verses sanding it. They noted it penetrates the pores better in the concrete for better adhersion of the epoxy and there is no dust from sanding..
Old 05-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Jclgodale3
Le Mans Master

Thanks... not sure what I like doing more....building or working on cars. They are both great.
I'm with ya there....love them both
Old 05-20-2014, 10:29 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by wlean99
your neighbor is an azz! nice workmanship,cant wait to see finished product.
Agree that my neigbor is an azz.

Thanks for the compliments on the workmanship.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:32 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mad*Max
thanks for clarifying, will it also remove the old epoxy?
It very well may. The reason I pointed out cement sealer earler is my garage floor had sealer applied after it was power troweled so it had that slick shininess to it and the Ospho where it dripped and where I purposely tried it ate right through the sealer.

I suppose I could go put a few drops on my neighbors new epoxy floor and see if it removes it.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jclgodale3
I'm with ya there....love them both
Oh yeah.... I'd much rather be doing stuff like that than my day job involving a minimum of 14 hours a day sitting at the computer all day.

In the end however my day job allows me to do all the fun stuff so it's a balance.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Jclgodale3
Le Mans Master

Oh yeah.... I'd much rather be doing stuff like that than my day job involving a minimum of 14 hours a day sitting at the computer all day.

In the end however my day job allows me to do all the fun stuff so it's a balance.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:43 PM
berk4422
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

It was like this...

Then went to this...

Last edited by berk4422; 05-20-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Torch Ace
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine is a little different - mainly painted my tool lockers and epoxy floor.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:37 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Run N. Gun
Here is my garage:

The signs on the wall came from Photosteel, that I found on a certain large auction site.
Beautiful car !

Get notified of new replies

To What have you done with your garage?

Old 05-21-2014, 07:00 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by berk4422
It was like this...

Then went to this...

Originally Posted by Torch Ace
Mine is a little different - mainly painted my tool lockers and epoxy floor.
Really beautiful!

I'll tell ya....I've been in a lot of homes in my life time, and I can honestly say that some of your garages are cleaner, and more attractive, than the interior, and living rooms of many homes I've seen.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Mad*Max
Race Director

It very well may. The reason I pointed out cement sealer earler is my garage floor had sealer applied after it was power troweled so it had that slick shininess to it and the Ospho where it dripped and where I purposely tried it ate right through the sealer.

I suppose I could go put a few drops on my neighbors new epoxy floor and see if it removes it.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:36 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Apartment garage....sucks but does the job for now. Renting 2 of these btw for my cars.

Quick Reply: What have you done with your garage?