C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door release button issue!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 02:39 PM
JAsVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
Default Door release button issue!

Arriving at work this morning, I tried pushing the button to open the door and nothing happened. Getting a little freaked out, I opened the door using the manual lever. My question is, will the door button not work if the car is not parked in Reverse as I got this message on DIC at the same time. After I opened the door manually and shut it again, the button worked. Anybody else have this happen? Also, why is it that sometimes when I open the door (with the key fob in my pocket), the door chimes and sometimes it doesn't? So far, I've experienced some funky electronics going on since I've had my '05 for a couple of months. I hope this is not a bad omen!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:09 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

If you have auto lock on the doors are locked until you either pull the ebrake when engine is running or push the unlock button on the door panel. The other thing probably has to do with passive lock too. It thinks your leaving a fob in the car when you got out and the chime is a carryover from that.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:35 PM
JAsVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by EVRose
If you have auto lock on the doors are locked until you either pull the ebrake when engine is running or push the unlock button on the door panel. The other thing probably has to do with passive lock too. It thinks your leaving a fob in the car when you got out and the chime is a carryover from that.
Thanks so much! I'll check those things out. Could a low battery on my key fob have caused it?
Old 05-01-2014, 05:43 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by JAsVette
Thanks so much! I'll check those things out. Could a low battery on my key fob have caused it?
I doubt it. You would most likely get a "No FOB Detected" message if that were the case.

Get notified of new replies

To Door release button issue!

Quick Reply: Door release button issue!