C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a chance to line up with a GT-R...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 09:30 AM
DougW
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JAsVette
You must be a gluten for punishment! Why even bother to go up against him? That's like a jogger going up against a World Class Sprinter in the 100 yard dash! You know you're going to get your jock handed to you. The GT-R is a $100k sports car! It better be faster than a production Vette! That guy had nothing to loose by racing you and he knew it. I had a 370Z and though its not a GT-R, the looks are similar but the power not so much! With my 370Z, I once went head to head with a 5.0 and he had my lunch which was stupid of me to even think the Z had anything over a 5.0. I still remember how crappy I felt after that. Lesson learned! I would take the overall package of what the Vette has to offer any day over a GT-R including looks and interior and I'll still have enough money left for groceries!
Let's not forget Heritage. And at the end of the Day, he's still driving a "Nissan".
Old 07-23-2014, 11:14 PM
TulsaVette
Safety Car

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I recently went to a track day and drove a Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi R8, and the GTR. I was hands down faster in the GTR than any of the others. I don't like the exterior, the interior looks cheap, but it is one of the fastest cars I have ever driven and was far easier to drive than the rest.

Hats off to Nissan as this is one fast, fun, car to drive...but I still would not trade my Vet for one.

Quick Reply: Got a chance to line up with a GT-R...