C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vendor post

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:13 PM
jerry07dx
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default vendor post

Why do some the Vendors post in the general section instead of the parts section? Most are double posted....

Last edited by jerry07dx; 04-23-2014 at 10:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-23-2014, 10:39 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Because we are allowed to try and reach all that we can. Per the rules we are not limited to just the for sale section.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:06 AM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Haha the double posting has caught me off guard before. It had me second guessing if I was in the right section.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:45 AM
familyman's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I questioned this before too. Seems to me that they should have their own sections to post in instead of spamming all the forum sections. But like it was mentioned above, it's the rules and they are allowed to. It does make looking through the sections a pain though, sifting through all the for sale threads. Oh well, It's their world and I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut. LOL
Old 04-24-2014, 07:59 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Besides it being a rule to allow them to post here, the vendors are the ones that keep this forum running. If they were only allowed to post in the Parts for Sale section, they would not hit the majority of the members, and if that happened they would stop supporting the form and the forum would not exist after that. Beside, if you are not in the market for anything at the time just don't click on their post. I for one like to see what they have, as I may be interested in it now or down the road. If not so I spent a minute af my time looking.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
Besides it being a rule to allow them to post here, the vendors are the ones that keep this forum running. If they were only allowed to post in the Parts for Sale section, they would not hit the majority of the members, and if that happened they would stop supporting the form and the forum would not exist after that. Beside, if you are not in the market for anything at the time just don't click on their post. I for one like to see what they have, as I may be interested in it now or down the road. If not so I spent a minute af my time looking.
they pay to play and thats fine by me. plus...most have some neat stuff and decent prices.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by jerry07dx
Why do some the Vendors post in the general section instead of the parts section? Most are double posted....
Vendors are told when they pay to become forum vendors where they can post. Generally, they can post in the generation General areas as well as in the For Sale areas. But this is not the place to discuss that.

Commercial posting

Supporting vendors pay for the considerable bandwidth charges on the Forum, making it free for the rest of us. In exchange, they get the privilege of using the Forum to market and promote their goods and services. Historically, we allow them to post in the generation sections and the regional sections to market and promote their products/services.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...l-posting.html

Last edited by Vette_DD; 04-24-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To vendor post

Quick Reply: vendor post