C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZR1 paint scheme and headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 03:32 AM
jadedbird
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR1 paint scheme and headlights?

So I am trying to talk my buddy into painting his headlight black along with his roof panel and halo (like the ZR1)

Ive searched and found a few but I was wondering if people would be so kind as to posting a few photos of their base model c6 corvette with the ZR1 painted roof along with black painted headlights (on non-black cars obviously)

ohh and black rims would be nice too

Just trying to get a feel for it.
i notice alot of velocity yellow and machine silver vettes do it, but havent seen it on many other colors either
Old 04-23-2014, 08:48 AM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,341 Likes on 884 Posts

What color car is your friend's car so that we know what color corvette pics to post so you can see examples.

I'm not trying to be a jackass but do you have a corvette? Why not do these mods to yours and not worry about your friends car?

Second, maybe your friend doesn't want to do the mods or doesn't have the money. Are you going to give him the money?

I've seen pricing for wrapping the top and halo range from $100 ~$400. Paint would probably be more.

"painting" the headlights is a pain, it requires taking them apart. Switching them out is easier but again cost big bucks, $800 ~ $1000.

Again, switching to black rims can be expensive. Look at the threads for plastiy dipping them black. If he doesn't like the way they look he can peel it off.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:13 AM
jadedbird
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its blue. lemans blue. and I never said i owned a vette (hences my WTB ads in the classifieds) . and were more than aware of the pricing. the point of this thread is so he can see what it looks like to see if he even wants to do it. theres a guy that takes apart the headlights and paints or hydrodips the headlights so we wouldnt have to worry about disassembling the headlights. as for the rims, yeah we know the whole plastidip rage... not exactly our cup of tea. i did it on my ws6 and on several other of my friends vehicles. its very hit and miss and it never holds up very long

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 paint scheme and headlights?

Quick Reply: ZR1 paint scheme and headlights?