C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simply the BEST!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,499 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Welcome aboard! Aside from knowledge, there are folks here willing to help any stranger without hesitation, I have made many friends here
Old 04-23-2014, 11:20 PM
whit1
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JAsVette
I've been on this forum for several weeks now after purchasing my first Vette about a month ago. I belonged to several other forums in the past when I owned a 350Z, 370Z, and a MazdaSpeed3. Without hesitation I have to say that this forum not only has the most knowledgeable and helpful members I have ever experienced, but also the most mature when it comes to answering even the simplest of questions that would otherwise get a sarcastic answer on other sports car forums. It shows that the members here love their Vettes and take questions regarding them seriously for those that are not as car tech savvy as others. For that I say thank you and I am proud to be a member of Corvette Forum and owner of my 2005 Vette!

I agree 100%. I was a member on few other car forums for previous cars. The people seemed so immature and sarcastic with comments. Also when selling your car on other forums you would always get people bashing your car or adding there 2 cents to discredit it.
That's what sold me on buying a vette and joining this forum first before I purchased my GS. No BS in the Fs of cars , that's how it should be. Let the person sell there car,no bad comments needed. Also people on here are very helpful n very knowledgeable. Makes me keep coming back daily to learn more n more about the car I love to drive now
Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Disappointing. I read the title and was ready for one of my fans to be singing my praises...

Congrats on the Corvette. Don't forget to wave.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:18 AM
Boomer1980
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been on this forum for several weeks now after purchasing my first Vette about a month ago. I belonged to several other forums in the past when I owned a 350Z, 370Z, and a MazdaSpeed3. Without hesitation I have to say that this forum not only has the most knowledgeable and helpful members I have ever experienced, but also the most mature when it comes to answering even the simplest of questions that would otherwise get a sarcastic answer on other sports car forums. It shows that the members here love their Vettes and take questions regarding them seriously for those that are not as car tech savvy as others. For that I say thank you and I am proud to be a member of Corvette Forum and owner of my 2005 Vette!

My feelings exactly! We bought our new C6's at the same time and I know I offered my opinion to you a couple times already. I know I have been on here way more than I should (isn't that what I'm supposed to do with my time at work? ). With any new to me used vehicle there are always little things I want to fix or improve and without fail I have found my solution right here and it has truly made my brief ownership even better and the car is now getting to the point where I dreamed it would be.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:42 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Here is present to any 05 owners, you manual on the internet.

http://www.c6registry.com/Technical/manuals/2005OM.pdf
Old 04-24-2014, 07:52 AM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

I have not yet taken the plunge and may end up with a c5 for budgetary reasons, but I will second the comment about the high average level of helpfulness and maturity here. It is a pleasure to learn here.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Now all you need is nice weather and nice roads hard to find in Connecticut. Moved from Connecticut to Florida five years ago and my Vette loves Florida roads!
Old 04-24-2014, 12:15 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I've been around the forum block quite a few times as well (over a dozen forums), and even owned a Mazdaspeed3 as well
what..ya'll don't think the members on mazdaspeed3.org are nice?
Old 04-24-2014, 03:19 PM
c1j1c2
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

There are good and bad eggs in any of the groups, but thankfully we all try to play nicely together.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:27 PM
2008 Atomic Orange
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by brewcitygymratt
No forum is immune to a-holes, but due to the avg age of corvette owners, we are a more mature community and with age comes wisdom. Mustang or import tuner forums may have more wise guys just due to the younger age of most of their members. You definitely can get a lot of helpful tech on this forum. Welcome!

Like the OP I've had other performance rides (Camaro/SRT4/etc). Some were helpful but overall totally different demeanor. Even in person, the few Vette guys I've met seem really down to earth. There's just typically a decent age difference (I'm in my 30s). When you're older, the age difference really doesn't matter but definitely overall it's a different demographic.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:43 PM
jwf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! I agree that this forum is top notch. We do have our share of comedians ;-)

Quick Reply: Simply the BEST!