C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

General Vendor Rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:19 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by bolivar
I have no proof of this, but I bet a lot of problems are because the sellers have zero inventory. They just drop-ship to the buyer from a wholesale vender.
Bingo!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:51 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
When their "store" is the office in the extra bedroom, the product better be pretty small or they'll need a non-retail storage location. There are many businesses that handle it that way, Amazon probably being the largest.

Another issue that apparently CF turns a blind eye to, is false advertising. When a vendor makes claims that are proven to be false or just flat lies and they are allowed to continue doing it, it's a reflection of how the forum owners view their business model. And it's not pretty.
If protecting vendors from member claims and members aren't protected by vendor claims, then it becomes all about the money and integrity has gone out the window.
The sad fact is that no member on this site goes into a purchase asking or expecting a poor vendor experience. We buy the product because we love working and improving our Vettes. I don't believe member expectations are too high in that we want communication and a response if the product is poor/wrong. If that's too much to ask, we have a problem. The real power on this site rest with the CF members not the vendors. The inept vendors need to step it up and take/accept accountability.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:55 PM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I run in to this everywhere, not just with vendors or cf vendors. Contractors, Lawn guy, Bank, pretty much anyone I ask for information or service.

I think its becoming part of the culture.

No one wants to say "No" or worse yet "I don't know"
No one wants to take responsibility or give out information.

They'd rather just wait, silently.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:18 PM
dewittomorrow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PSTOUT1
Is it so damn hard for vendors to communicate to their customers? I've sworn to never buy from two again because I have to pry updates out of them. One says he'll update me "tomorrow", I wait two weeks before even inquiring, and am then given an unhelpful answer. One guy I had to beg for updates for EACH COMPONENT of the order.

Also, is it so damn hard to notify the customer if the part is in stock? I've just been burned for my last time ordering a part two-day shipping or next day air to find out a WEEK LATER that the part was on backorder and cannot ship for 3-4 weeks -- all the while taking my $150+ for next day shipping. BEST CASE would be to post in-stock status on the website, but I'll settle for an email following the order saying "Hey, this is on backorder."

I fully understand some of this stuff takes time to make. I understand delays occur. I am sympathetic to the fact that the vendors don't always get timely updates from the manufacturer. I get it, I really do.

Just COMMUNICATE, guys. Also, a measure of good will would be to offer to refund the sky-high next-day shipping charge when there's no bloody way in hell I'll get the part this calendar quarter. I mean really, what's 3-5 days to arrive when I had to wait 5-6 weeks FOR it to ship.

I would expect more from forum vendors. Luckily, I've found two that communicate pretty well so as long as they stock the part they're going to get all of my business.

I am completely done with 2 others, and jury's still out on one. You won't get one more cent of my money. If it's a part no one else carries, I'll go without. I've now spent more than my car's purchase price in mods, and will probably double that next year. FWIW I bought my '12 GS new.

Your loss.

One of them is dangerously close to a chargeback if I don't get a SATISFACTORY update this week. By satisfactory, I mean a tracking number, the part showing up at my door, or a hard date when I WILL get a tracking number.

Not sure about the rules concerning vendor rants so I've omitted names. If I can post them, I am happy to amend this.

I understand vendors do what they do to make money, but if they are allowed to be "supporting" us then they need to be supporting of us. This means everything should be exemplary...customer service, price, quality and availability. Otherwise, what's the point? We could just as easily shop the internet just like everyone else.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 490 Likes on 417 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by DillingerRadio
I feel where you're coming from.. Here are a few vendors I've had EXCELLENT service from:

CorvetteMods.com - Not sure if they're a forum vendor, but... Outstanding service, huge range of products, fantastic communication. I ordered the centennial cup wheels from them in gloss black with red stripe. Turns out the matte black with red stripes were what they had. They shot me an e-mail right away asking if that was OK. It absolutely was with me- and they shipped very shortly after that communication.

MGW - This guy makes THE short-shifter to have in your corvette. I got the shifter and lower box assembly for the price of the shifter, they were quick to communicate on all my questions, and everything arrived in a timely fashion. Not only is the guy behind it a great engineer, he's got a great team behind him. The product listed isn't always what you get (he's CONSTANTLY updating his designs) but it's never a disappointment. Not getting what you see initially, in this instance, is definitely not a bad thing. He's always striving for better and each iteration is great!

Adam@Amp'dAutoSport - Supplied me with my brakes. He listened to my various concerns, desires and setup, and cut me a great deal on a set of brake pads that suited what I wanted. A good guy and a great product.

Doug@ECS - What can I say about ECS that hasn't already been said? They have an excellent reputation throughout the forum. In this particular instance, Doug listened to my setup, desires, and offered me a great price on a Mantic 9000 clutch. I haven't yet pulled the trigger on it (not for lack of want). But it's pretty much going to happen as soon as my bank account recovers from Lingenfelter.

These are just a few of my interactions so far. I have to say, pretty much all of them have been pleasant. But these guys definitely stand out.
Thank you I am reading this thread and I'm thinking in my head I do not do business like this. I always answer the phones, emails and PM's sometime till mid night if I have to. I hear about Corvette tax I'm sorry we sell a product that is made by a small boutique brake pad company that has 10 employees and they are the manufacture. That's why I always say in my post if we don't have it than it will be 4-5 days before they ship.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 04-24-2014, 06:14 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,570 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by dewittomorrow

I understand vendors do what they do to make money, but if they are allowed to be "supporting" us then they need to be supporting of us. This means everything should be exemplary...customer service, price, quality and availability. Otherwise, what's the point? We could just as easily shop the internet just like everyone else.
Supporting Vendors support the Forum. These vendors pay good money to the Forum for the privilage of advertising on the forum. This money makes the Forum free for the rest of us. Without the supporting vendors and the advertising dollars they pay, there would not be a forum.

Most of the supporting vendors do offer great service, but many are small and in some cases one person shops, they sometimes make customer service errors. If the vendor shows a pattern of bad behavior, in terms of customer service lapses or other issues, they get warned and banned just like a member who doesn't follow the rules.

The forum has a proceedure for discovering the very few bad apples and getting them out of the barrell. That is one of the reasons for the Transaction Feedback Forum.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:53 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Originally Posted by johnodrake
Supporting Vendors support the Forum. These vendors pay good money to the Forum for the privilage of advertising on the forum. This money makes the Forum free for the rest of us. Without the supporting vendors and the advertising dollars they pay, there would not be a forum.

Most of the supporting vendors do offer great service, but many are small and in some cases one person shops, they sometimes make customer service errors. If the vendor shows a pattern of bad behavior, in terms of customer service lapses or other issues, they get warned and banned just like a member who doesn't follow the rules.

The forum has a proceedure for discovering the very few bad apples and getting them out of the barrell. That is one of the reasons for the Transaction Feedback Forum.

I enjoy working with the responsive vendors but you have a few on here that are allowed too much leeway. The vendors pay good money? Well guess what, so do your members when they spend their money on MODs. There is no way these vendors stay on this site without the majority of CF members spending. You really should be thanking your members as well. The transaction feedback forum is running on one cylinder.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:55 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Thank you I am reading this thread and I'm thinking in my head I do not do business like this. I always answer the phones, emails and PM's sometime till mid night if I have to. I hear about Corvette tax I'm sorry we sell a product that is made by a small boutique brake pad company that has 10 employees and they are the manufacture. That's why I always say in my post if we don't have it than it will be 4-5 days before they ship.

Then I applaud you for taking care of your customers and based on good feedback from other CF members, I would be inclined to order from you. This is how it should work.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:01 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by 1rusty1
Then I applaud you for taking care of your customers and based on good feedback from other CF members, I would be inclined to order from you. This is how it should work.
I could be wrong but I dont think its against forum rules to start a thread and ask for opinions from others about a forum vendor you're interested in ordering from.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:17 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by johnodrake

"Supporting vendors" are really just businesses who buy advertising space. The difference between a forum and most other forms of media is having a specific targeted audience and the ability to interact with potential customers. There are plenty of forums without advertisers that are supported by an individual, a portion of, or all of the members and some who have business members who pay nothing to advertise. Generally speaking, forum owners/moderators police advertisers more critically than members. That doesn't appear to be the case here. As a previous advertiser, I noticed the rules favored the vendor.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:26 AM
Lou DeJulia
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can any one on this forum let me know how I can contact other members who have had problems with Vendor, Jersey Woo - Aspis. This guy is a complete fraud. His business ethics are unbelievable and I want to pursue him for deceptive business practices. I am willing to speak with anyone, relate my issue and listen to yours. He has managed to continue because it is to much trouble to pursue claims against him legally due to how he has insulated himself. I assure you however, that I will follow up and provide any fees needed if you are out of area to follow through with your claim. Please call me at 917-675-9749 Lou Thank you.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:45 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts

Got burned by one, all others I ordered from were good to great. Will not order from the one that burned me again however.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:16 AM
Bill Hoch
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it comes to vendors, I can say that ever vendor on here that I have purchased something from, I would use again for purchases. This includes parts / mods when I had my C5 and now with my C6. Each of them have been open and honest and communicated as often as needed with me on any thing that I have ordered. With me it's usually answering a lot of questions as I usually have a few before purchasing anything.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:51 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Lou DeJulia
Can any one on this forum let me know how I can contact other members who have had problems with Vendor, Jersey Woo - Aspis. This guy is a complete fraud. His business ethics are unbelievable and I want to pursue him for deceptive business practices. I am willing to speak with anyone, relate my issue and listen to yours. He has managed to continue because it is to much trouble to pursue claims against him legally due to how he has insulated himself. I assure you however, that I will follow up and provide any fees needed if you are out of area to follow through with your claim. Please call me at 917-675-9749 Lou Thank you.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1586741144

Especially read the last sentence.

If you've got a problem with a particular vendor, you really should start your own thread about him and your complaint in the Transactions Feedback forum.

Quick Reply: General Vendor Rant