C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally - took the car out. Roads still poor.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 11:05 PM
JAvery20
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Detroit area looks like a war zone. I hit a pot hole so hard in my daily driver, the head light literally fell out when I got out for the gym.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
Everyone talks bad about Alabama, but at least our roads are pretty good here. Went for a nice drive this evening, with no particular place to go...

Spent five days at Mom's in south Alabama last week...amazingly smooth roads..really emphasizes how bad ours are up here...bonus for living in WNY
Old 04-27-2014, 01:41 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by BSE1956
Too long a winter, and just plain nasty road conditions.
Last time the car was on the road was November.
Took it out for a 30 mile round trip, interrupted by the driving range.

Roads here are still in pathetic shape. It's a damn slalom out there, and still hit one nasty hole, despite trying to be really alert and diligent.
Hit it on the Meadow brook parkway near the coliseum. A no trucks allowed road.

Hoping the overpaid and underworked public employees responsible are going to correct years of neglect and fix what needs to be fixed. Pot holes do not just show up because of unusually bad winters. They are the end result of cracks and spaces in the road (allowing water to get under the road surface) due to lack of maintenance and general neglect.
Time to start a pothole patrol and control the agencies that do a sub standard job in these parts.
Still in hibernation here, we had snow last week. Just waiting for a few good rains to wash all the crap off the roads, the crews have already started their spring repair/repave work. I'll probably put mine on the road May 1.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:39 AM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

New York roads are still in pretty bad shape as well. I have had mine out only twice for real short rides since November. Today looks like its going to be a nice day and I am going upstate to my first car show. It don't really matter to me about winning a trophy or anything like that, But I am SUPER EXCITED that I'll be driving my car today!

Quick Reply: Finally - took the car out. Roads still poor.