C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy C6

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 11:49 AM
saetta
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Buy C6

Due to illness, back in October 2012, I sold my beloved M.Y. C5 after seven glorious years. My health has taken a turn for the better and it's finally time to park a Corvette in my garage again. I'm looking for a C6 automatic in the 25k range. Any help and advice from all of you wonderful ladies and gentlemen is greatly appreciated.

Not too concerned about track days. Just looking for a reliable DD coupe that I can do a little traveling in.

Looking forward to the great direction that this forum is famous for.

Grazie'!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:39 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

With a $25K budget, you can find something in the '05-'06 years maybe a high mileage '07. Check the For Sale section here and Auto Trader. Something will turn up. Although it is spring time and the price will go up a little if you live up north. Fall is a better time to buy up there. Here in Florida the prices hold year around.

Good Luck and clad your health has improved.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:38 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,756 Likes on 3,174 Posts

glad to hear you're getting healthier!! so many options..

for an auto do you want to step up to a 6spd auto? if so you're now limited to '06+

Do you like the car to have all options? at $25k then you will look at a higher mileage car..

I for one, love the upgrades done to the '08's.. '08+ in the 20's is where i would want to go if i were you. i looked for over a year and came to the conclusion that the improvements for 2008 were worth the extra cash and higher mileage..

good luck with your search.. cars.com, ebay, craigslist, all places you can look besides our forum..
Old 04-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

You also might try:
Vette Finders: http://www.vettefinders.com/index.cf...e-for-sale.htm
2005 Lemans Blue 37000 miles for 27,000
Old 04-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Sailor Rick
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Getting back into a Corvette

I too understand and very happy your doing better, I have not been able to drive mine for almost 3 months and still have another couple months to go, just looking at her everyday is hard. I live in Florida but a car wreck last year has put me thru 2 back surgery's, my car thru 7 weeks to repair, but my biggest concern before surgery was the worry I wouldn't be able to enjoy my girl anymore. I have a new found appreciation for the Corvette members that live up north and have to store them for the winter. Good Luck finding the car you want to enjoy again....Rick
Old 04-21-2014, 10:21 AM
saetta
Intermediate

Thank you all for the great advice. Sailor Rick, when I finally get my Vette fix I'm quite sure you'll be up and about, happy and healthy, enjoying your wheels once again.

You know how tough it is watching something that's built for speed and pleasure just sitting there looking pretty. I predict it won't be long before things change for the better.

Once again, this forum has boosted my spirits and helped to remind me why I miss my previous Corvette. Please keep the advice coming.

Here is a new challenge to consider. In the event that I cannot find a C6 that's fits into my budget, what are the thoughts about picking up a clean, low mileage '04?

Grazie',

Saetta (which means "Lightning" in Italian.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by saetta
Due to illness, back in October 2012, I sold my beloved M.Y. C5 after seven glorious years. My health has taken a turn for the better and it's finally time to park a Corvette in my garage again. I'm looking for a C6 automatic in the 25k range. Any help and advice from all of you wonderful ladies and gentlemen is greatly appreciated.

Not too concerned about track days. Just looking for a reliable DD coupe that I can do a little traveling in.

Looking forward to the great direction that this forum is famous for.

Grazie'!

Here's my 2 cents worth.
If my budget was limited to $25k, I'd spend my time looking for a super clean low mileage, C5 '04 garage queen.

Believe me they are around, my uncle just sold his absolutely immaculate '04 with 33,000 miles, for $23,500.

Below is the Kelly Blue Book on a 40,000 mile excellent condition '04.

This will leave you a few thousand to play with in the event you find the perfect car, but it needs a set of tires of something else that's going to run a grand, or two.
You'll have the extra money and feel good about it.

Imo, a super clean C5 is every bit as much fun, and looks as hot as a C6.
Since your not going to track the car, the improvements in the C6 won't be of much importance to you.

Take your time, and be prepared to travel a few hundred miles if necessary....believe me it will be worth it in the end.

What ever you decide...good luck!
Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM
logansrun73
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

There is a very nice low mileage 04 c5 from Pennsylvania for sale 16000 miles clean car fax asking 22000 firm... That was going to be mine had a deal all set. Last minute wife let me expand my budget 20000.00 grand more so bought my GS instead.. That 04 is a really sharp looking car.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by logansrun73
There is a very nice low mileage 04 c5 from Pennsylvania for sale 16000 miles clean car fax asking 22000 firm... That was going to be mine had a deal all set. Last minute wife let me expand my budget 20000.00 grand more so bought my GS instead.. That 04 is a really sharp looking car.

That might be a great deal for the OP....just the kind of thing I was talking about.

I have no idea where he's located.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:08 PM
logansrun73
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Hameister

That might be a great deal for the OP....just the kind of thing I was talking about.

I have no idea where he's located.
Yeah he would be the third owner clean car fax GMVIS showed all recall work done.. Column lock and that window thing on passenger side was done as well. he has some nice mods and really nice ccw wheels.. It was all mine then decided to blow my budget now he had it back on the forum in c5 for sale.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:28 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

The OP doesn't indicate loation - - that might be nice so folks could let him know about cars in his area at his budget.

But agree - - nice 05-06 . . . higher mile 07 - - -People criticize the `05s but ours was just about bullet proof for 5 years and is now enjoyed by another member of this forum in Oregon. I recently sent him a PM asking about buying it back.

My 02 C5 has been a better car than I'd imagined and once behind the wheel feels just about the same as the C6 since the driveline is almost identical.

So- OP - -good advice here . . .just let us know your location and we'll hook you up !
Old 04-21-2014, 05:54 PM
blittle
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts

Thank you all for the great advice. Sailor Rick, when I finally get my Vette fix I'm quite sure you'll be up and about, happy and healthy, enjoying your wheels once again.

You know how tough it is watching something that's built for speed and pleasure just sitting there looking pretty. I predict it won't be long before things change for the better.

Once again, this forum has boosted my spirits and helped to remind me why I miss my previous Corvette. Please keep the advice coming.

Here is a new challenge to consider. In the event that I cannot find a C6 that's fits into my budget, what are the thoughts about picking up a clean, low mileage '04?

Grazie',

Saetta (which means "Lightning" in Italian.

Lof of good stuff said here…… I can only add this….I owned a 99C5 , then the original C6- the 05 …and now a 12 C6. The C5-C6 is a story of fantastic development and engineering efforts…..if you can't do a C6 you will still absolutely love a late model C5! Its a Vette…..and nothing else is quite the same!!
Old 04-21-2014, 05:56 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4398607756.html
Old 04-21-2014, 10:15 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,756 Likes on 3,174 Posts

the magnetic ride in the C6 is worth the effort to locate one with.. there is just no comparison on bad pavement or dips, bumps. not sure where you live (what your roads are like) but i'm telling you make sure you drive the same cars back to back on the same roads and you will go F55 every time..

Best of luck, Tony
Old 04-21-2014, 10:34 PM
saetta
Intermediate

This OP lives in the Chicago area, but I'm not bragging about it! The closest place to find a great drive is west near the Mississippi river, east to Ohio or north to cheese country. There is the Autobahn Country Club south of Joliet for the occasional track day(25 minute drive for me). If you favor straight, boring roads this is the place to be. Even boring roads are more fun in a Corvette. A tight C5 seems like a great alternative. I loved every minute of my '00 and actually drove it year round (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires work as advertised. I went through two sets and even used them on track days).
Old 04-21-2014, 11:15 PM
logansrun73
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

This OP lives in the Chicago area, but I'm not bragging about it! The closest place to find a great drive is west near the Mississippi river, east to Ohio or north to cheese country. There is the Autobahn Country Club south of Joliet for the occasional track day(25 minute drive for me). If you favor straight, boring roads this is the place to be. Even boring roads are more fun in a Corvette. A tight C5 seems like a great alternative. I loved every minute of my '00 and actually drove it year round (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires work as advertised. I went through two sets and even used them on track days).
That's where I am at as well!! Southwest suburbs
Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 PM
saetta
Intermediate

Familiar with Southwest Corvettes and Classics?

Get notified of new replies

To Buy C6

Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 PM
logansrun73
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Familiar with Southwest Corvettes and Classics?
No actually it does not ring a bell??? Hey did you ever go to the demo derbys at route 66????
Old 04-23-2014, 08:22 AM
saetta
Intermediate

Originally Posted by logansrun73
No actually it does not ring a bell??? Hey did you ever go to the demo derbys at route 66????
Know about the demo derbys, haven't been there. If you can take a minute to Google Southwest Corvettes and Classics in Mokena give Joe a call and leave him your email address. We can find a way to hook up then. I'll let him know someone may be calling. He's knows all about Saetta and what is actually is.

It would also be worth the trip to stop in his showroom.

Then there are Thursday Cruise Nights in Frankfort. Hundreds of cars, thousands of attendees every week. There is at least one Corvette night every season. I need to get my *** in a Vette before then!
Old 04-23-2014, 10:25 AM
logansrun73
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Know about the demo derbys, haven't been there. If you can take a minute to Google Southwest Corvettes and Classics in Mokena give Joe a call and leave him your email address. We can find a way to hook up then. I'll let him know someone may be calling. He's knows all about Saetta and what is actually is.

It would also be worth the trip to stop in his showroom.

Then there are Thursday Cruise Nights in Frankfort. Hundreds of cars, thousands of attendees every week. There is at least one Corvette night every season. I need to get my *** in a Vette before then!
Yeah that sounds good... I will check it out. You should really check out the demo derbies..I have never seen any like the show they put on.. Order tickets on line they always sell out. It is not like your county Fair style these are team demos and they go all out.. You go one time you will be hooked!!!!

Quick Reply: Buy C6