C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy C6

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:11 PM
VETTENYC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saetta
Know about the demo derbys, haven't been there. If you can take a minute to Google Southwest Corvettes and Classics in Mokena give Joe a call and leave him your email address. We can find a way to hook up then. I'll let him know someone may be calling. He's knows all about Saetta and what is actually is.

It would also be worth the trip to stop in his showroom.

Then there are Thursday Cruise Nights in Frankfort. Hundreds of cars, thousands of attendees every week. There is at least one Corvette night every season. I need to get my *** in a Vette before then!
26k if with stock rims 23k 72k miles
Attached Images    
Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 AM
saetta
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still on the hunt. Friday I looked at an '07 in Frankfort, Illinois. Silver coupe, 41k on the clock. Just about every interior option available for that year (HUD, Auto, Nav, Heated Seats, etc.). Carfax reports rear end accident in 2012.

Asking 28,500. Silver isn't high on my list but it's still much better than no Vette at all. Took it out for a while and front end/suspension definately needs some attention. I was curious with the engine vibration at idle. There was a slight "lope", almost as if a modified cam was present. Never experienced that with my C5.

Dealer has no problem allowing me to have the vehicle inspected by my own guy. If the engine vibe is not a problem and the accident damage no factor I'm probably interested at 23k.

With C7s finally popping up in showrooms at a predictable rate then clean C6 trade-ins will also be showing up. This next few months may yield some fine examples, so no need to over pay for current used stock.

When I picked up the '00 in 2005 it had 14k on the clock and I paid 27,500. It too was heavily optioned, even had magnesium wheels. Between this forum and a little luck I'm confident I'll find the right one. As the man used to say "keep those cards and letters coming in".

Many thanks. (Grazie' abundanza)

Quick Reply: Buy C6