C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 06:49 PM
logansrun73
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Default clear bra

Looking to have 3m put on my GS. Should I go part way up the hood and front fenders or just do the front bumper. ?. I do not know if I would like that line were the plastic endson the hood. Also is it tuff to keep that edge clean? I have seen some cars and the edge of the plastic is dirty and you can really see where it ends.. The company wanted 750.00 for partial hood and fenders, mirrors, and front bumper is that a decent price for 3m? Also if anyone is from the Chicago area South suburbs and knows of any place good to get this done if you can let me know. I would like to get it before I put a chip on my car. Thanks
Old 04-18-2014, 06:57 PM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Look at getting the whole hood done---no line. Just received Vette magazine in today's mail---starting on page 56 is an article on the Expel covering. Pricing seems in line with NE 3M pricing if a real pro place is doing it versus an installer on the side. If you belong to a corvette club, see if they have or can negotiate a club discount.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:37 PM
whit1
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Buy a precut kit off EBay. Seller w precut carry good quality. I used several on cars I have and look great. I've recently bought Xpel on eBay to cover more areas on vette also.

I'm thinking of clear protecting the entire car
Old 04-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Texas_Venom
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by logansrun73
Looking to have 3m put on my GS. Should I go part way up the hood and front fenders or just do the front bumper. ?. I do not know if I would like that line were the plastic endson the hood. Also is it tuff to keep that edge clean? I have seen some cars and the edge of the plastic is dirty and you can really see where it ends.. The company wanted 750.00 for partial hood and fenders, mirrors, and front bumper is that a decent price for 3m? Also if anyone is from the Chicago area South suburbs and knows of any place good to get this done if you can let me know. I would like to get it before I put a chip on my car. Thanks
Do not go with 3M. Pretty poor film. This is the guy you want to go with. Rick is an excellent installer and is mobile around Chicago. I have seen his work first hand and he stands behind his install. I am an installer by the way... and would recommend Rick over anyone else in Chicago.

http://www.body-skins.com/
Old 04-19-2014, 03:22 PM
8APORSH
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

The price seems correct. I've had 3m put on my rover, 2 vettes, and the wife's mercedes. It's an amazing product that I do everytime I purchase a new car. My last vette I did the whole hood. The reason being is I did part way up on the last vette and started getting chips above the venture shield.

Get notified of new replies

To clear bra

Quick Reply: clear bra