C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a C6 - need help with color...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath
If you have a lot of time on your hands and love constant maintenance? You can't be black.

Red is always a go-to color...

Obviously for real men, Velocity Yellow manual transmission is really the only way to go. Inferno Orange would be a close second.

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath
Shameless self promotion!
Well, sometimes ya gotta try and beat the boredom.

On a serious note, if there is one left, my next 'vette will be a dark color. Perhaps blue, black, or red, but very dark. I love the deep wet reflections you get with dark colors.

As far as care is concerned, ...doesn't matter, I'm retired. I can wash it twice a week if I want. Although that may not be enough for black.

The only time I see a real beautiful wet look on my Blade Silver is in the garage, like these shots here...
Attached Images   
Old 04-17-2014, 08:48 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

I had a red Z28 A4, got a little boring after a while. I loved it though, and it had the best A/C I've ever seen on a car. You could see your breath.

I had a black 1998 Z28 M6, loved the way it looked when it was clean. The LSx 427 I eventually built for this car really livened it up.

For a very short time I had a 1994 ZR-1 that was wrecked and parked for 10 years. It was to be a rebuild project and my first Corvette, but finances fell out and my partner skipped out so I had to sell it almost as soon as I bought it. That Admiral Blue, especially in the sun. Never seen anything like it since.

Now my Yellow Corvette. It just seems right-- Yellow on a proper 2 seater sports car.

I think my C7 will be Lime Rock Green or perhaps I'll go back to black. Really, a waxed black sports car just can't be beat... but it's a labor of love. And lots of labor at that.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:05 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hameister's pic is simlar to a C6 I saw at lunch today. I think anything Silver or Black prob wins for being manly. Although a few years back I sold a Blue ZR1 with gray wheel that looked amazing. They all look pretty manly with the right accents.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by vividracing
Hameister's pic is simlar to a C6 I saw at lunch today. I think anything Silver or Black prob wins for being manly. Although a few years back I sold a Blue ZR1 with gray wheel that looked amazing. They all look pretty manly with the right accents.
Of course, all Corvettes, no matter the color, model, drive train, options, what ever, are awesome sports cars.

I just get a kick outta how deeply personal people make their personal choices.

Starts a flame fest every time.

Quick Reply: Buying a C6 - need help with color...