C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Interior Pieces

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 02:13 PM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor
Default Broken Interior Pieces

Good day everyone. I own a 2013 GS Coupe and The tabs that hold the floor mats in place (on the driver's side) have broken off. Its a minor thing, but very annoying as the floor mats tend to bunch up in the forward portion of the foot well. I assume that these are replaceable parts. but have not found them anywhere.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

BobD
Old 04-16-2014, 03:02 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

that sucks big time. i have the 013 base coupe and i bought the anniversary mats but i never take them out when i detail the car because i'm concerned i would end up breaking the tab as you did. i just vacuum them as i don't get the interior that dirty. (garage kept) i'm assuming you take them out everytime you clean your car? if so then its bound to happen sooner or later due to the constant pressure. i would buy the rubber ones to replace them with because they're a little heavier and won't move as easy. jmo
Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I have an "07 and remove mine all the time no issue, Never had any with my C5 either.

Now are you referring to the tab on the mat or the one in the carpet? Seems to me a 2013 that would be under warranty.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:50 PM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by BWF07
I have an "07 and remove mine all the time no issue, Never had any with my C5 either.

Now are you referring to the tab on the mat or the one in the carpet? Seems to me a 2013 that would be under warranty.
I'm talking about the tab in the carpet. The car is under warranty, but its a small thing and I was going to do it myself.

BobD
Old 04-16-2014, 03:50 PM
icntdrv55
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Pretty sure that tab is a simple snap fit thru the carpet and backing. Bet you can find that at your local dealer, but last poster was right about taking it in under warranty. Just ask if you can get the part from them and make it a DIY.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:53 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

How did you break it?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Gars08vert
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are referring to the L shaped tab (mine's an 08, maybe they are different on yours, not sure) then yep, they can be a PIA to get the mat off the floor. I kind of reach under with one hand and pull gently to the rear so as to not stress it out. I know what you all mean as far as it will wear eventually tho.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Cratchet
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Mine was loose on the drivers side. (1 of the hooks) They said it wasn't snapped down correctly and fixed it under warranty. It wasn't broken though.

I saw a picture of it somewhere and it was just a plastic piece that inserts in a slit in the carpet and then locks to itself. (snaps together?)

Get notified of new replies

To Broken Interior Pieces

Quick Reply: Broken Interior Pieces