C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How has Having a Vette Changed Your Life?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 04:49 PM
JAsVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by woodranch
My Vette has brought me plenty of Happiness when going through a very tough time in my life. The last year has been brutal but when I see my Vette in the garage or am detailing her like the OP does, it really takes my mind off the troubling times and bring some joy to the day. Just looking at her clean, brings a smile to my face.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by kimdjay
Really? Its a car. drive it. Rain is not going to hurt it. and a Vette doesn't change your life. But I will admit, it sure can keep a smile on your face when you drive it.

I don't drive mine in the rain either, I save my vette for warm dry sunny days. My Taurus can get all worms, mud and all the other crap rain brings. The vette for me is an impractical novelty car, I use it sparingly because I want it to last and I get sick of things very fast. If I drive it for more than two days in a row, I get tired of it and take my Taurus the rest of the week. My vettes been in storage since Oct, so I am looking forward to taking her out soon.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:31 PM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

Joined a Corvette club and got introduced to NCCC autocross and high speed racing. That resulted in purchasing a 2nd Corvette just for racing. Also gained a ton of good friends through the club. Would have missed all of it if not for the Corvette.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Up here in the Northeast from April to November the Vette makes my 80 hour work week more tolerable as it becomes my DD.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:38 PM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

I waited a long time to finally own one. Bought mine almost 2 years ago and me and the misses love it! If anything, it has brought us closer together. We think nothing of getting up early on the weekend and jumping in the car and driving 100 miles just to have breakfast!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:15 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

HPDE track days were unknown to me until I got mine 4 years ago.

Lots of mods....a new garage with 12 foot high ceilings and a lift....most fun you can have with your clothes on!!!

NEVER getting rid of my C6. Just keep tinkering with it until I die!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:20 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 972 Likes on 457 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

My wife and I have meet some great people to hang out with and it's all due to having a corvette. A costly way to meet people, but worth it as it's fun to drive as well
Old 04-16-2014, 11:23 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by Garret
My wife and I have meet some great people to hang out with and it's all due to having a corvette. A costly way to meet people, but worth it as it's fun to drive as well
The majority of Corvette club people are great but you always have the arrogant few that leave a bad taste!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 972 Likes on 457 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by saplumr
The majority of Corvette club people are great but you always have the arrogant few that leave a bad taste!
All the people I have met are non club people I heard that about club people so we never joined one.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:41 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by Garret
All the people I have met are non club people I heard that about club people so we never joined one.
I'm not a club guy either but I do attend some of their functions.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:42 PM
wera32
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 35 years of riding I sold my motorcycles and don't miss them. I found when I had time to go for a ride I preferred to take the Corvette. I went from 12K miles a year down to 500 on bikes. Now I put 12K a year on my car!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:20 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

To own a iconic sports car - well is huge... 2 seats is a true sports car...
I've owned in the past 02 Dodge Dakota RT - 2004 Dodge Ram SRT 10 - 2010 Camaro SS... Nothing like driving the 08 Corvette Coupe... I picked her up 1st weekend of November - drove it that day pretty much all day...Then parked for winter...Sent it to Dasilva Motorsports for some TLC ... Getting her back tomorrow with even more !!! Think I'm keeping this baby...
Old 04-17-2014, 02:30 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I can't say that owning a Corvette has "changed my life" but there's no question that I've never enjoyed any car as much as I enjoy my Corvette. After nearly nine years of ownership I still love this car as much as I did when it was new. I still go to the garage just to look at it or sit in it. It's kind of crazy, actually.

There's something quite special about being a member of the Corvette community. My wife and I are attending the museum bash next week for the fifth consecutive year and we're really looking forward to hanging out with the many friends we've made at previous bashes. It's very true what so many have said - Corvette is much more than a car, it's a subculture.

Last edited by mpuzach; 04-17-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:35 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,099 Likes on 852 Posts

Became addicted to them
Old 04-17-2014, 02:55 PM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I can't say that owning a Corvette has "changed my life" but there's no question that I've never enjoyed any car as much as I enjoy my Corvette. After nearly nine years of ownership I still love this car as much as I did when it was new. I still go to the garage just to look at it or sit in it. It's kind of crazy, actually.

There's something quite special about being a member of the Corvette community. My wife and I are attending the museum bash next year for the fifth consecutive year and we're really looking forward to hanging out with the many friends we've made at previous bashes. It's very true what so many have said - Corvette is much more than a car, it's a subculture.
The subculture really is amazing. I was noting that on my way into work today. In the middle of stop and go commute traffic, a white C6 pulled up on the side of me, and we waved and spent a moment checking out one-another's cars before he sped off. Then, I saw a motorcycle coming up behind me, and as usual pulled hard to the side to let it by, and the guy gave me the V symbol. Both incidents made me smile, instead of the only normal interaction one has in commutes being those of middle fingers and 4 letter words.

Something like this happens almost every day on the road - to date, all experiences positive. Also went to my first corvette meet last weekend. Normally rather an introvert with strangers, I couldn't have felt more at home. Kind of like an implicit new family.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:54 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

1. I drive slower (for the most part) because I am no longer in a rush to get somewhere and get out of the car. I am happy to take my time, sitting behind the wheel, listening to the iPod and just cruising around.

2. Autocross … way cool.

3. You just look at people, smile and say "Yes, it is a mid life crisis" and then go on your way and let them be jealous.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

A few large changes:

1) First and foremost, turned me from a Mustang/Cobra guy into a Vette guy
2) 86'd any chance I have of owning another high power, non-NA vehicle
3) Plan my next home buy around it (3-car garage escalates from possible to must have)
4) Has me caring less about my DD, and more about the garage queen
5) I find myself going out for drives to absolutely nowhere almost weekly.

Get notified of new replies

To How has Having a Vette Changed Your Life?

Old 04-18-2014, 12:51 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Stavesacre21
I find myself going out for drives to absolutely nowhere almost weekly.
This.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wera32
After 35 years of riding I sold my motorcycles and don't miss them. I found when I had time to go for a ride I preferred to take the Corvette. I went from 12K miles a year down to 500 on bikes. Now I put 12K a year on my car!
This post describes me to a T....a year ago I had 6 bikes...and I would ride them any month of the year....Now I think more about our GS and having Mrs. Lucky along beside me...Now I'm down to 3 bikes and only get two of them out for special occasions...like our annual Bennington Triumph Bash
Old 04-18-2014, 01:57 PM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

It hasn't - I was a vette nut when I owned Firebirds. Now that I'm on my second corvette, I'm still a vette nut!

Quick Reply: How has Having a Vette Changed Your Life?