C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sellers remorse , what does it feel like?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 03:23 PM
BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sellers remorse , what does it feel like?

I'm getting ready to turn over the fob to the new owner. It's been a good four year run.

I spent 30 + years driving GM cars and trucks at Milford. So any GM vehicles have a short life for me. By the time they make it to the public. I've already driven them you for well over a year daily. That being one of the down sides of test driving. They're already old when their new.

The Corvette is not any different in many ways. Except it is GM's best car for just plain driving fun. I drove this C6 Vert twice to FL. once to OR. and many trips to up North in MI. I've had my fun. As I'm writing this it is snowing here on tax day.

My younger brother sold his Corvette a couple of years ago and misses it. He says that anything other than a sports car. Like the Vette is really just a butt hauler. He tells me I'll be sorry.
Those that have sold ,what say you?

Last edited by BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.; 04-15-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:28 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I've always had seller's remorse, but I've never had buyer's remorse with a Vette.
The only way to get over it is to get another one.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Orange05_C6
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I plan on selling here. Going to post it places tonight. I love the car and will be hard to part with it......but it will be to buy a 07ish z06 so I won't feel too bad haha
Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
bonnell
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I traded my '08 vert in December of 2012 for a CTS. I had been driving vettes for a while. That was my fifth vette and I thought I was done with them.

After a very short time I knew I had made a big mistake. I suffered through 2013 missing my vette terribly. I started looking for one in November and almost pulled the trigger twice in December.

I watched the for sale section here and autotrader and Cars.com very closely and I knew what C6 verts were selling for. Then spring came and prices really went up.

I intended to trade my CTS for a vert but the value is at a point where I would lose some cash in the deal. I decided I'd need to wait until winter.

Miserable.

A few weeks ago I saw an autotrader ad for a sweet 2008 vert with all of the goodies and some extra goodies for a few thousand dollars below what Edmonds.com/TMV said was trade in value.

I checked it out closely and now it sits in the garage with the CTS.

Happy days!

Maybe some day I won't feel the need for a vette but not yet...not yet!

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:54 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I've sold a Corvette before. In the past it's been a mistake for me to do so, but the last time I sold because I knew I was getting a new one. The time between, about five months, was very long. Can't say how you will feel, but now that you don't drive every GM car and Corvettes before they come out to the public, my guess is you'll likely start looking at another one. Especially with that employee discount whenever it opens back up for you.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:02 PM
BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.
Racer

Originally Posted by AORoads
I've sold a Corvette before. In the past it's been a mistake for me to do so, but the last time I sold because I knew I was getting a new one. The time between, about five months, was very long. Can't say how you will feel, but now that you don't drive every GM car and Corvettes before they come out to the public, my guess is you'll likely start looking at another one. Especially with that employee discount whenever it opens back up for you.
I have been looking at the C7 but may wait another year. Reading some of the threads makes me think first year pause .
Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 PM
silver74vette
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

I sold a motorcycle one time, we loaded into the buyers truck and I watched it drive away.
I guess I had a sad look on my face and my wife said "you never look at me like that".

I replied that nobody has ever loaded her into a truck and drove away.....

Still miss that bike.....
Old 04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
RODXL1200
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by silver74vette
I sold a motorcycle one time, we loaded into the buyers truck and I watched it drive away.
I guess I had a sad look on my face and my wife said "you never look at me like that".

Now that is funny (the wife part). I recently sold my Harley thinking I was done riding. Two weeks later after horrible sellers remorse I went out and bought a new one (same make and model). That remorse only cost me another 15,000.00 dollars.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:59 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.
I have been looking at the C7 but may wait another year. Reading some of the threads makes me think first year pause .
I can understand that feeling.....some might even wait for the '16 model year since some problems take longer to correct. Of course, your close alliance/association with all things GM, esp. the cars and test drivers, would most likely tell you whether issues that are important to you have been corrected, or not, by the '15 cars.

Good luck, whatever your choice may be!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:08 PM
unixcorn
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I have had three Vettes, the first one I traded on the second so my only remorse there was larger payments. After taking a job in Minnesota, I traded my Vette for something more practical. The practical car, a Hyundai Santa Fe, was a fine vehicle but, like the OP says, just a butt hauler. I missed my Vette the whole time. As soon as I returned home, I traded the butt hauler in on my 2013. Even now when it's too cold to drive it, I love walking past it knowing that sometime soon it will be warm, the top will come off and I will be loving it again. So unless you are in dire straights or buying a new one, there will be some remorse that may haunt you until you replace it with another or something more thrilling. Good luck!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Boxcar
Life Starts at 120 mph

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts
NCM Lifetime Member
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Sell to buy and upgrade

I recently sold my C4. Love that car, owned that car for 10 trouble free years. It is still sitting in my garage waiting for the buyer to come and get it. The more I look at, the more I want to return the money and keep it. But, I just can't do that to the buyer who seems very happy to have it.

As many has said, sell, be sad, enjoy the hunt for the next one and buy it when the heart goes thump in the chest.
Attached Images   
Old 04-15-2014, 05:44 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by arcticblast
I've always had seller's remorse, but I've never had buyer's remorse with a Vette.
The only way to get over it is to get another one.
Yup

You took the words right off my keyboard!....

No remorse when another beauty is on the way.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:54 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

That new c7 z06 has your name on it.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:22 PM
BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.
Racer

My current plan is to stay open and keep my powder dry.
I have had a convertible's for ten of the last twelve years.
The two years in between were doable. So I'll see how I fair.
And your right, getting into another one is a sure way to chase remorse.

Boxcar... The C4 ZR1 King of the Hill was a great C4. I took my eight year old son to MPG one Sunday. As a "Family visit day". I took him down on the 4.5 mile circle track for a HOT lap. The higher lanes there are very banked. The upper lane put him pressed against the passenger door. I reached over to the door latch as to open it. Put a little fear of dad in him! haha I sure liked that car.

I wonder if women have a parallel feeling that men have for their machines? Then we could stand back and shake our heads.

Last edited by BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.; 04-15-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

Lets just say that when I sold my 2002 in December of 2012, I had absolutely no intentions of buying another Vette for years.

Didn't even get to April of 2013 before I bought my 2010.

Total sellers remorse. Quite frankly, I really just wanted my 2002 back. However, since i couldn't get my actual car back, I took the opportunity to make an upgrade.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:34 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14
Default bike

Originally Posted by silver74vette

Haha! that theres funny
Old 04-15-2014, 06:54 PM
thyshallsmite
Instructor

oh yeah i totally did, so much so that i bought a 2nd one.

Get notified of new replies

To Sellers remorse , what does it feel like?

Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 AM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

You never know what ya got until you replace it with a butt hauler....
Old 04-16-2014, 12:46 AM
ClipperFan
Race Director

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

not much seller remorse for me, its just that every time I sell a Corvette six months to a year later I'm back in auto trader, carmaxx etc trying to find another one
Old 04-16-2014, 08:31 AM
BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.
Racer

It would seem the thread runs pretty true. Once your blood has been Corvette/ Sports Car tainted. You are never too far away from looking for a replacement.

Last edited by BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.; 04-16-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Sellers remorse , what does it feel like?