C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible to restore factory A6 Tranny settings after tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 11:52 PM
NinjaBum
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 103 Posts

Default Possible to restore factory A6 Tranny settings after tune?

Hey guys, just got my car tuned after headers, but I guess they also messed with the transmission settings. Now when I use the paddle to downshift it won't rev match anymore and lurches all dirty instead of the smooth rev-matched downshift it had when stock. Took like all the fun out of the paddle shifters. I dunno if they disabled the torque management or what but those down shifts are super jerky now. Instead of feeling like being in a manual where you downshifted and blipped the throttle it feels like I'm in a manual car that downshifted, didn't blip the throttle and just let the clutch out fast. I click the paddle, it pauses, then lurches HARD.

Is there some stored setting where they can just revert back to the same settings my car had stock? Or would I have to take it to a dealer to get factory tranny settings restored?

I was happy the way it shifted before .
Old 04-05-2014, 01:41 AM
Guinzu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it back to where you had it tuned. They should be able to fix it or flash it back to stock.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:47 AM
fred D
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Default ?

Originally Posted by NinjaBum
Hey guys, just got my car tuned after headers, but I guess they also messed with the transmission settings. Now when I use the paddle to downshift it won't rev match anymore and lurches all dirty instead of the smooth rev-matched downshift it had when stock. Took like all the fun out of the paddle shifters. I dunno if they disabled the torque management or what but those down shifts are super jerky now. Instead of feeling like being in a manual where you downshifted and blipped the throttle it feels like I'm in a manual car that downshifted, didn't blip the throttle and just let the clutch out fast. I click the paddle, it pauses, then lurches HARD.

Is there some stored setting where they can just revert back to the same settings my car had stock? Or would I have to take it to a dealer to get factory tranny settings restored?

I was happy the way it shifted before .
Can't you take it back to the people that did the tune?
Old 04-05-2014, 01:52 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Just tell the tuner to put in a stock trans tune, assuming you liked it that way. There is no requirement to change the engine tune. All tunable components can be changed individually.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Jim Barker
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

[QUOTE=NinjaBum;1586582203]Hey guys, just got my car tuned after headers, but I guess they also messed with the transmission settings. Now when I use the paddle to downshift it won't rev match anymore

I prefer the additional braking of a non rev match downshift. I now have to use the brakes a lot more with the rev match. Just do not like a car that does things I do not ask it to do! So when I no longer care about warranty It will have to go.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:37 PM
njedwardz
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Tell them to add closed throttle downshift torque management back in. This will resolve your issue.

Had the same problem when I got my '13 A6 done. Don't go back to stock; you'll want the higher pressures and improved shift points for performance and longevity.

Get notified of new replies

To Possible to restore factory A6 Tranny settings after tune?

Quick Reply: Possible to restore factory A6 Tranny settings after tune?