C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's seat stuck in back position.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 10:00 PM
KC Dave
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's seat stuck in back position.

I've got a base 06 vette with the power seat stuck in the back position and won't move forward or up/down. I don't hear any noise when I try to move the seat. I do hear a clicking sound every so often without trying to electrically via switch. Fuse checks good. Can't manually remove the seat because the seat is all the way back setting on the bolts that remove the seat. Seams strange that all the motors rhat move the seat would go out the same time. Any ideas what the problem could be or how I can remove the seat from the car?
Old 03-29-2014, 10:13 PM
ydeer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Sent you a e-mail. Check and see if the connector under the seat hasn't been disconnected. Mine did the same thing in the forward position. The raill that runs across the seat ( Round rod ) caught the connector ( One with the purple disconnect ) and some how disconnected the connector. Had to remove seat rail bolts (4 of them) and lift the seat up enough to re-align the male and female connectors. The one coming out of the floor (under the rug ) is a bitch because it isn't very long.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:29 PM
KC Dave
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Than
Originally Posted by ydeer
Sent you a e-mail. Check and see if the connector under the seat hasn't been disconnected. Mine did the same thing in the forward position. The raill that runs across the seat ( Round rod ) caught the connector ( One with the purple disconnect ) and some how disconnected the connector. Had to remove seat rail bolts (4 of them) and lift the seat up enough to re-align the male and female connectors. The one coming out of the floor (under the rug ) is a bitch because it isn't very long.
I'm out of town this week returning tomorrow. Will look into your suggestion. Have had no luck in getting the seat out being the seat is sitting on the rear bolts. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:37 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Follow the link I posted in here but read the OP's last post (#5) to see his problem for an idea. It isn't easy to get the stuck seat to work but it is doable.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...at-issues.html
Old 03-30-2014, 12:37 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

These are the connectors you need to check. Zip tie them while your there.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:00 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Thanks for the pics, Les, for those of us who haven't been under there, YET~!

Get notified of new replies

To Driver's seat stuck in back position.

Quick Reply: Driver's seat stuck in back position.