C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12' GS Michelin tire questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Dmul98
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12' GS Michelin tire questions

Can anyone tell me besides run flat vs non run flats what is the difference between Pilot Sport PS2 ZP and the Pilot Super Sport. Tire Rack has them listed for set of 4 $2074 and $1360 respectively. Looks like tread life is 20k vs 30k respectively but the rears tread life is half those numbers? Any help is appreciated. I don't track my car nor do I drive it too hard except for the occasional stomp. Thanks in advance!

Drew
Old 03-21-2014, 05:46 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 168 Posts

Must be different compounds Drew. The PS2's are an older model tire, I believe the PSS's were developed for the C-7, they just don't come in ZP sizes for the Z06/GS's. I keep hoping they will before spring is out as I need a new set of tires! I think the rear's will last as long as the fronts, Mich just doesn't warrant them to do so for obvious reasons. Being an hpde enthusiast, they won't last 30,000 miles anyway!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:00 PM
widgetsupply
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Super Sports have been out for years, just not for widebody vettes anyway. I would have bought them, except for the runflat issue. From everything I have read, they are probably the best tire. I'm just too risk averse and we drive to much off the beaten paths. I went in the middle and just got Bridgestones installed at Costco a couple days ago. $1600 installed. In the end for me, performance was a non issue as I don't track either. They fit perfectly, whereas I think the Michelin PS2s look a little stretched onto the rim. I seriously doubt I would get 25-30% more life out of Michelin's.

Get notified of new replies

To 12' GS Michelin tire questions

Quick Reply: 12' GS Michelin tire questions