C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZR1 n ZR2 Hoods + Water

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 04:42 AM
SpkVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR1 n ZR2 Hoods + Water

Anyone with either of these hoods, how are they with rain and washing the car? I am about to go pick up my car later today finally after being out of service after an accident and I had bought the ZR2 hood, and I was just wondering how are they when rain/water.

Obviously physics when driving in the rain isn't a problem, but when not moving and raining or washing it how is the water in the engine bay? Should I invest in possibly a car cover for when I am parked at home or at work, I live in Florida and weather can be pretty random here.

Pictures are from my buddy, car still in their shop and covered in dust. Better pictures soon.

Name:  fRItTgK.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  97.8 KB
Name:  DjeCd2h.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  95.4 KB
Name:  C75yS7c.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  95.4 KB

Last edited by SpkVette; 03-20-2014 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:10 AM
chevnut55
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I washed mine and drove n the rain, the important things are covered and do not get wet but I sprayed everything under the hood with wd40 anyway.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:57 AM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have drive mine daily in the rain and everything. i have the halltech cold air intake on my car with the beehive shroud. never had a problem with water coming in the hood. only ever had a problem with water when my airfilter got wet due to deep water puddles on crappy streets here in houston.

if thats the hood you want buy it, you wont have any problems.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 n ZR2 Hoods + Water

Quick Reply: ZR1 n ZR2 Hoods + Water