C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

disturbed by the sight of a C7 today

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 03:01 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Now back on topic. I see cars that are trashed on the inside and I think it can be really disgusting but it’s their life not mine. I wouldn’t do that and would not want to live that way. I traded my 1998 Harley Ultra in for a 2013. The dealership couldn’t believe it was a 98 it looked so new. It had some miles on it but was taken care of. If I sell a car or motorcycle you can better believe, the person that gets it is going to be happy. I don’t believe in dumping garbage on another person or driving/riding in garbage.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:40 PM
ebf2k
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-14

It could be worse, she could have been driving it in the rain.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:16 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 464 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by ebf2k
it could be worse, she could have been driving it in the rain.
**^^winner^^**
Old 03-05-2014, 05:29 PM
The Creeper
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ebf2k
It could be worse, she could have been driving it in the rain.
Oops, it was raining, but I was driving mine to.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:46 PM
C5Txfan
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NormWild
It's called "pride of ownership", some just don't have it and frankly I don't have much respect for this type. To them everything is disposable. I always love "its just a car" comments, why own a corvette?

I don't - never have - trashed out ANY car that I've owned. Put too much sweat and hard work into earning money to buy a car to neglect one - no matter if it's not a Corvette. I'm not **** about keeping mine 'perfect' in never driving in the rain or washing and waxing every weekend. It gets a little dirty and might stay that way a couple of weeks until I get time to clean it - unless it's bird crap or something like that !
Old 03-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,509 Likes on 821 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

I'm surprised no one said this thread belongs in the C7 section...
Old 03-05-2014, 07:32 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Interesting....kinda got a catch-22 around my neighborhood. You let your ride go to #$%& and not take care of it and you are a hoosier.....but if you take care of it too much then you are too ****. Can't win in the public eye....LOL
Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 2vettes
Is it just a car? Well, not for me. I have highly modified and customized mine and enjoy showing it off. It has been in numerous "invited only" car shows. I try to keep my '05 clean and show car ready, even though it goes on road trips from east coast to west coast, and north to south. It's definitely not a garage queen, although it looks like it at cars & coffees, cruise nites (just about every day from Spring thru Fall), and car shows. It has appeared on tv in a tire company commercial, in a recorded interview on a tv show, & in a car magazine. Last October, at the Super Wheels Showdown at City Hall Plaza in Boston, my vette was given the Cruisin' New England Magazine Super Wheels Showdown 2013 Cruise Vehicle of the Year. It was recognized for having driven it over 10,000 miles last year across the USA (including road trips from Boston to California, and Boston to Bowling Green) and still maintaining show quality appearance in spite of never being trailered. My wife likes to keep her vette really clean; we traded in 2 corvettes ('96 & '07) in January, and she now has a '13 427 vert. We're just waiting for the last little bit of snow to melt so we can take them out. Supposed to hit 50 on Saturday. For me, that's good enough to put the top down.
Recognized for having a chevy do 10,000 miles in a year?? What award is that? My Chevy Tahoe has 94k miles - can I win a big award or a nice rubber chicken dinner...
Old 03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
C6_Mike
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its not about the car, its about the person. Alot of women could care less about whatever car they are in (not trying to be sexist here). I let my GF (now fiance) drive my 2006 mazda6 for a year while she was saving up for a new vehicle as her old one had become a money pit. I put 35k miles on it from 07-12 (I was the 2nd owner and get to take home my work van). The car looked just as good as the day it rolled off the assembly line. She put about 12-15k miles on it in the year. Her mom rode with her alot. 4 months or so after she had it, I borrowed it back to go some where and when I got in the car, I wanted to cry. It looked like 2 hobos had been living in the car for the past 4 months. When I got it back, I spent 2 days detailing the hell out of it to get it back to the state I felt it needed to be in before I could sell it
Old 03-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Jrockk
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say who cares mind your own business is this really a topic seriously I mean unless you bought your car new you never know what was done to it so who cares if someone trashes there car then you buy it and you wax it and stick in garage does that make it a better car now ?
Having worked at a rather large car lot in the past I can tell you this I don't care if it's in the showroom you can only imagine the stuff that goes in in your car think about that the next time your waxin it
Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jrockk
I say who cares mind your own business is this really a topic seriously I mean unless you bought your car new you never know what was done to it so who cares if someone trashes there car then you buy it and you wax it and stick in garage does that make it a better car now ? Having worked at a rather large car lot in the past I can tell you this I don't care if it's in the showroom you can only imagine the stuff that goes in in your car think about that the next time your waxin it
Don't waste periods..
Old 03-05-2014, 08:55 PM
blitzebill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
I have sanitized foot baggies, like doctors wear in the hospital, for guests who ride in my Vette.

This is not much to ask, right?

This also goes along with a rubber protective cover on the entire passenger side of the car.

yeah seat condoms will do the trick!

Old 03-05-2014, 09:27 PM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds
Recognized for having a chevy do 10,000 miles in a year?? What award is that? My Chevy Tahoe has 94k miles - can I win a big award or a nice rubber chicken dinner...
Did you only selectively read what I wrote? You apparently missed the point. I participate in "show car" car shows. Most of those cars don't get driven much and arrive at the shows inside trailers. So, yeah, 10k miles is not much, but for a show car it is.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 PM
ButchN
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DillingerRadio
For me the standard rules apply:
1) No food, period. We can stop and get food, but it doesn't come out of the bag until you're out of the car (which includes candies and various other sundries- the candy rule is flexible though, like if we're on a long road trip or something sure).
2) No open cups, no soda, no juice. If you want to drink in my car, it's water, and it's bottled and the top goes back on after you finish your drink.
Too ****, it's just a car.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:15 PM
BJ67
Melting Slicks

Received 592 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by NormWild
It's called "pride of ownership", some just don't have it and frankly I don't have much respect for this type. To them everything is disposable. I always love "its just a car" comments, why own a corvette?

Connecticut plates on that overloaded vette with the hatch open, I am embarrassed to say I live in the same state, what a turd
Old 03-06-2014, 08:16 PM
PABO
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

You can bet on it if you follow a person home with a filty car they will have afilty HOME.I believe a car is an extension of its OWNER.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:14 PM
BJ67
Melting Slicks

Received 592 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrockk
I say who cares mind your own business is this really a topic seriously I mean unless you bought your car new you never know what was done to it so who cares if someone trashes there car then you buy it and you wax it and stick in garage does that make it a better car now ?
Having worked at a rather large car lot in the past I can tell you this I don't care if it's in the showroom you can only imagine the stuff that goes in in your car think about that the next time your waxin it
Wrong.... You can always see the difference in a car well kept versus a slobs car, I don't care who details it. You cannot hide wear and poor up keep period

Get notified of new replies

To disturbed by the sight of a C7 today

Old 03-07-2014, 03:27 PM
DillingerRadio
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by ButchN
Too ****, it's just a car.
Wrong, a 2001 Honda Accord is just a car.

I put a lot of time and money into my Corvette. Those rules are pretty easy to follow, especially considering I don't usually go to a drive through anyway (why not stop and eat at an actual restaurant?). And water's better for you than soda anyway

Plus, the small food items thing is flexible (like snacks on a long road trip or what have you). Too **** is a plastic cover over the passenger seat, shoe booties, and a dress code (yep, I've heard some people say they only let people certainly dressed into their cars )
Old 03-07-2014, 03:37 PM
schneid
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krwunlv
To her it's just a car, a mode of transportation to get from A to B.
To others it's a symbol of their hard work and what they reward themselves at the end.
To the few, its a tool, a chassis to race, beat the living hell out of on the track only to break it and fix it over and over. I tool to test to their skills on.

However one thing always seems to be true about the party lines....

Girls always have messy cars......
This is inaccurate. Girls rooms, ESPECIALLY their bathrooms, are friggin war zones. Clothes and makeup everywhere
Old 03-07-2014, 07:02 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 383 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Dana M
So, I saw this beautiful red C7 to day on my drive today. I pulled in the lot where I saw it pull in. Pulled close just as this middle aged lady was getting out. I asked he if it was ok for me too look it over while she was in the store. She said sure. Looked great on the outside, but when I looked through the window it was trashed on the inside. garbage everywhere. It looked like a hobo was living out of it. It had a dealer tag and she obviously could not car less about it condition. pity.
That's just wrong on so many levels

Clif

Quick Reply: disturbed by the sight of a C7 today