C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

active handling safety

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 10:43 PM
finally got a vette
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default active handling safety

I have a 2008 ls3 coupe. Service active handling message displayed once but has not come back on. I have had several incidents.... agh

My question is about safety. Until I have it checked out, can the active handling cause problems (like applying brakes)even if deactivated on the console. There is no service active handling message or any other message displayed.

Feeling helpless in Kansas with no Chevy dealer.......
Old 02-27-2014, 11:00 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Since you're new here, you may not be aware of all the hoopla over the AH issues. Don't want to scare you but you should at least be concerned from a safety standpoint.

At your leisure I suggest you read through this huge thread from the C6 Tech Forum Stickies, just to be familiar with it all:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...er-action.html
Old 02-27-2014, 11:49 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
Since you're new here, you may not be aware of all the hoopla over the AH issues. Don't want to scare you but you should at least be concerned from a safety standpoint.

At your leisure I suggest you read through this huge thread from the C6 Tech Forum Stickies, just to be familiar with it all:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...er-action.html
Frankly, that thread should be made a sticky in C6 General, as well (or instead).

lisa
Old 02-27-2014, 11:56 PM
K9KUZ
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by finally got a vette
I have a 2008 ls3 coupe. Service active handling message displayed once but has not come back on. I have had several incidents.... agh

My question is about safety. Until I have it checked out, can the active handling cause problems (like applying brakes)even if deactivated on the console. There is no service active handling message or any other message displayed.

Feeling helpless in Kansas with no Chevy dealer.......
I got the message and immediately the right front brake locked up on my 2005 last year. It was "fixed" per dealership. End result - got rid of it for a new one.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:54 AM
finally got a vette
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAH ......what to do next???

I have had my 2008 LS3 coupe in for service twice with no results. The brakes randomly grab until I have to pull over. Only once did the error "service active handling" show in the DIC. "Active handling On" never shows, no ABS message, no Traction control message. I can just feel the brakes grabbing. It finally slows the car down so that I have to pull over. Turning the car off and opening the door will occasionally reset so I can limp home. It's happen too many times to count in the last month. Chevy cant fix what doesn't throw a code. This is my every day driver and I'm scared of what may happen if the brakes lock up.
The clip has been placed as per the recall concerning the SWPS. And one mechanic adjusted the brake pedal.....He said possibly replaced the SWPS just for kicks.....
Taking it in again today..... but What next?????
PS I do hear a click under the passenger seat when the brake pedal is applied? Lateral accelerometer????

Get notified of new replies

To active handling safety

Quick Reply: active handling safety