C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt Race Engineering has closed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pfadt Race Engineering has closed.

It’s with heavy hearts that we announce the closing of Pfadt Race Engineering. Since 2006 we have manufactured the highest quality aftermarket components for Corvette, Camaro, and Cadillac right here in Salt Lake City, Utah. Since the addition of Pfadt power products to our extensive suspension line, sales have increased exponentially, which put us into a perpetual backorder. We have spent the past 4 months meeting with investors and venture capitalists trying to secure financing to push Pfadt to the next level and unfortunately the deals to be made were not in our company’s or employee’s best interest. Without a large investment we do not have the resources to meet the demand, which leaves us with no other option but closing our doors.

We would like to thank all of our employees who put their hearts and minds into this business to make it what it is today. We would like to thank our dealers who expertly installed our parts and helped us build our product line with their professional insight. Finally we would like to thank you, our customers. You helped us build a grassroots performance company in the United States. You pushed us to make bolder and better products year after year. You created the Pfadt Family - and that’s what we will miss the most.

We hope this is a minor speed bump on the long road ahead. Much like GM has experienced in the past, we are also experiencing a setback, but we will reorganize and resurface, faster and more streamlined than ever. We have taken care of all of our customers in this deal - you will receive a tracking number for your product or a full refund - and we are sorry for the delays, time lost and backorders many of you experienced. You were all so patient and understanding as we grew, and once again it’s a tribute to how solid the GM community is. We did everything in our power to take care of you and we appreciate the years you allowed us to be a part of your journey. It’s been an amazing ride.

Sincerely,

Aaron Pfadt
Old 02-25-2014, 02:32 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

wow...sad to hear this. we look forward to Pfadt rebounding from this setback. good luck!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Wow total bummer
Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
wow...sad to hear this. we look forward to Pfadt rebounding from this setback. good luck!
Thank you very much. The hardest thing we have ever done is made the decision not to sell our name to some people who's business plan was to use the name to push cheaply made low-quality products.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:41 PM
littlefranks
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya this is sad I love the qulity and workmanship of your product
Old 02-25-2014, 02:48 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Sad to hear, you have great products. I have no doubt you will restructure and come back stronger than ever. Best of luck.
David
Old 02-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Kraz8s
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Thank you very much. The hardest thing we have ever done is made the decision not to sell our name to some people who's business plan was to use the name to push cheaply made low-quality products.
There is no shame in that at all. From what I've read you guys make outstanding products and there is no reason to tarnish that.

I will know first hand tomorrow of the awesomeness that is Pfadt when I go to my tuner's to check out my headers that just came in. Good luck to you all!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Kraz8s
There is no shame in that at all. From what I've read you guys make outstanding products and there is no reason to tarnish that.

I will know first hand tomorrow of the awesomeness that is Pfadt when I go to my tuner's to check out my headers that just came in. Good luck to you all!
Well you got one of the last sets. Thank you for the business and sorry it took us so long to get them to you. We hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed making them.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Kraz8s
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Well you got one of the last sets. Thank you for the business and sorry it took us so long to get them to you. We hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed making them.
I plan on it and honestly it didn't take long at all so you have nothing to apologize for.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:38 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Please go through out account and issue all the appropriate refunds

For all our customers affected by this, we will be issuing refund
checks in the next 24 - 48 hrs

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Chip

Old 02-25-2014, 03:49 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I wish you and all your customers well.
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

So sorry. Hope to see you back soon.
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CCA Corvette Parts
Please go through out account and issue all the appropriate refunds

For all our customers affected by this, we will be issuing refund
checks in the next 24 - 48 hrs

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Chip

We are on it Chip, thanks for your business and we are sorry for the extra work that you will have with your customers because of our closing.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Rob.Laurie
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It’s with heavy hearts that we announce the closing of Pfadt Race Engineering. Since 2006 we have manufactured the highest quality aftermarket components for Corvette, Camaro, and Cadillac right here in Salt Lake City, Utah. Since the addition of Pfadt power products to our extensive suspension line, sales have increased exponentially, which put us into a perpetual backorder. We have spent the past 4 months meeting with investors and venture capitalists trying to secure financing to push Pfadt to the next level and unfortunately the deals to be made were not in our company’s or employee’s best interest. Without a large investment we do not have the resources to meet the demand, which leaves us with no other option but closing our doors.

We would like to thank all of our employees who put their hearts and minds into this business to make it what it is today. We would like to thank our dealers who expertly installed our parts and helped us build our product line with their professional insight. Finally we would like to thank you, our customers. You helped us build a grassroots performance company in the United States. You pushed us to make bolder and better products year after year. You created the Pfadt Family - and that’s what we will miss the most.

We hope this is a minor speed bump on the long road ahead. Much like GM has experienced in the past, we are also experiencing a setback, but we will reorganize and resurface, faster and more streamlined than ever. We have taken care of all of our customers in this deal - you will receive a tracking number for your product or a full refund - and we are sorry for the delays, time lost and backorders many of you experienced. You were all so patient and understanding as we grew, and once again it’s a tribute to how solid the GM community is. We did everything in our power to take care of you and we appreciate the years you allowed us to be a part of your journey. It’s been an amazing ride.

Sincerely,

Aaron Pfadt
Hi Aaron,

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like you are trying to do the right thing by your customers that are waiting on unfulfilled orders.

Do you have anyway for customers to make any contact to get resolution with their orders ?

Cheers,
Rob
Old 02-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Rob.Laurie
Hi Aaron,

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like you are trying to do the right thing by your customers that are waiting on unfulfilled orders.

Do you have anyway for customers to make any contact to get resolution with their orders ?

Cheers,
Rob
Thanks Rob. All of our customers will be hearing from us in the next 24 hours. They will either receive a tracking number, a package on their doorstep, or an email explaining the refund. There will be zero customers who don't hear from us, so check your emails, and please wait the full 24 hours. We have a few employees on staff working as fast as they can to get everyone taken care of and if we answer a phone call for every single person we will never get the work done. I hope you understand. Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Rob.Laurie
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Rob. All of our customers will be hearing from us in the next 24 hours. They will either receive a tracking number, a package on their doorstep, or an email explaining the refund. There will be zero customers who don't hear from us, so check your emails, and please wait the full 24 hours. We have a few employees on staff working as fast as they can to get everyone taken care of and if we answer a phone call for every single person we will never get the work done. I hope you understand. Thanks again.
Aaron,
Thanks for the quick response, I'm sure this is a busy/stressful day for you.

Appreciate it.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:42 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

We are on it Chip, thanks for your business and we are sorry for the extra work that you will have with your customers because of our closing.
Not a problem, you guys have been great partners and one of
the first major companies to endorse CCA, for which we will be
ever grateful.

Look forward to the re-birth and working with you in the future.

You and Robbin are first class people

Chip

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Race Engineering has closed.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:55 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Aaron,

Good luck to your crew over there... closing down a business is very traumatic to all involved.. good luck with your future endeavors.

Please do me the favor or cancel all existing orders and refund me for all unshipped parts. I will need

You and your company were always very good to TPS... Good luck to you and your old staff.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 02-25-2014, 05:04 PM
360Rocket
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Your products always seemed to look be top shelf quality.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:07 PM
0PerformanceCorvettes
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14, '16

Also sorry to hear that, good luck in the future and hope to see you back soon! **** does happen, but it shouldn't be that way for a company that makes such a QUALITY product, your Shocks & Sways are still going on my car ASAP!

Quick Reply: Pfadt Race Engineering has closed.