C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Front Mask or bra, stretcch

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 11:08 PM
vettenlady
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 Front Mask or bra, stretcch

Getting ready for the 2014 Caravan.
Where can I check into getting a stretch bra for my Redhot's front. I would like one that is easy to put on and take off.
Corvette Mods has only c5.
Thanks
Old 02-01-2014, 12:46 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Not true

http://www.corvettemods.com/C6-05-13...te_p_5065.html
Old 02-01-2014, 12:54 AM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 926 Likes on 468 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

I bought a black nylon stretch mask and mirror covers from West Coast Corvette for our Grand Sport. They make two versions - one for base cars and one for GS/ZO6.
One tip I would give you when installing the velcro pads under the front of the nose - Make sure the top and sides of the mask are secure, then stretch the bottom as far back as possible under the radiator. That is the point you want to place the velcro pads. I placed the pads too far forward. Since the material was not stretched tight enough it began to flap and tore the velcro strips sewn on the mask. The manufacturer of the mask was good enough to repair my mask and tell me what I did wrong.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:40 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 731 Likes on 464 Posts

Got mine from RPI. Works great and goes right into the washing machine when it's dirty.
They have 2 options. One for Z06's and 427s, and one for coupes and GS's. Be sure to get the right one.

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1153
Old 02-01-2014, 07:37 AM
lavla
Drifting

Received 388 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by duckvett
I bought a black nylon stretch mask and mirror covers from West Coast Corvette for our Grand Sport. They make two versions - one for base cars and one for GS/ZO6.
One tip I would give you when installing the velcro pads under the front of the nose - Make sure the top and sides of the mask are secure, then stretch the bottom as far back as possible under the radiator. That is the point you want to place the velcro pads. I placed the pads too far forward. Since the material was not stretched tight enough it began to flap and tore the velcro strips sewn on the mask. The manufacturer of the mask was good enough to repair my mask and tell me what I did wrong.

I had a similar problem but decided not to put the velcro underneath the front of the car. While driving to Corvettes at Carlisle, my friend (who was driving in front of me) told me that my stretch bra was flapping underneath the nose.
Instead of putting the velcro strip on, I went to Home Depot and bought small clamps (about 37 cents each) and used them to clamp the bra to the underside of the car. I drove from NJ to Florida in heavy rain last month and the clamps held fine.
The reason that I didn't put the velcro strip on is because I had the same bra on my 05 coupe and the glue on the strip got "gummy" after a while. The small clamps provide a "cleaner" way of keeping the underside of the bra in place.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:56 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 731 Likes on 464 Posts

The one I got from RPI has no velcro. It has hooks and has never come loose once. It snaps onto the wheel wells, then hooks inside the grill with 6 plastic hooks, elastic along the bottom. Fits snug. You really could use two people to put it on just to make sure you don't drag it on the ground putting it on, but it was one of my best investments. Very happy with it.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Front Mask or bra, stretcch

Quick Reply: C6 Front Mask or bra, stretcch