C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Farewell!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
That's easy to answer. He spent $100 for 6 years of great help, knowledge, and friends. Sounds like money well spent to me.

Unless you want to hang out here for free and not be a supporter, the lifetime membership is the way to go.
OMG, couldn't you see I was baiting a bit……….you took the bait ! ….anyways, the point being, just because one sells his Vette doesn't mean they have to drop from the forum.

I agree with others, high priced weddings are a stupid waste of $$
Old 01-23-2014, 08:03 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Mr.Nubain;1585996134]What are you going to sell to fund her second wedding?

Or sell for the divorce from the first one. weddings they should
put that money into savings. Spend all that for a few hours
Old 01-23-2014, 08:04 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

Your sacrifice for your daughter's wedding should be well respected by others. Of course, family comes first before material objects. Karma will smile on you in the future.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:59 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Good luck and do not have your feelings on the C7 I love it and want one
Old 01-24-2014, 03:32 AM
lsbrodsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To be clear, I do not believe that I should be spending this much money on a silly, traditional wedding in Savannah, GA. I tried to offer a reasonable amount of money upfront, but it was rejected in favor of Dad paying for this shindig that has gotten way out of control. Neither my wife nor my daughter understand a budget; that is simply a number to complain about. I have seen enough tears to last me a lifetime and, no, I do not think either of them truly appreciate the sacrifice in selling the Vette. To them, it is just a car even if it was special to me. You do not get do overs in life so there is little point in my enumerating what I could or should have done differently. I just hope to enjoy myself at the wedding in another 5 weeks. My wife's car now has the whole garage, but I can remember what the Corvette looked like parked there....
Larry
Old 01-24-2014, 03:42 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

The way you talked about your car, I can tell that in a few years you'll be back.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:53 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,899 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
To be clear, I do not believe that I should be spending this much money on a silly, traditional wedding in Savannah, GA. I tried to offer a reasonable amount of money upfront, but it was rejected in favor of Dad paying for this shindig that has gotten way out of control. Neither my wife nor my daughter understand a budget; that is simply a number to complain about. I have seen enough tears to last me a lifetime and, no, I do not think either of them truly appreciate the sacrifice in selling the Vette. To them, it is just a car even if it was special to me. You do not get do overs in life so there is little point in my enumerating what I could or should have done differently. I just hope to enjoy myself at the wedding in another 5 weeks. My wife's car now has the whole garage, but I can remember what the Corvette looked like parked there....
Larry
Wow that is quite a sacrifice you are making for the wedding. Crazy money for her memories.

I hope karma repays you ten fold for this.

Glad I have 2 boys.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:50 AM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Let me see if I got this right. He sold his pride & joy Vette to help pay for basically a lavish party for his daughter where a lot of people get sloppy drunk. Yet he goes on to say he's disappointed with GM's trim level and that he rarely drove it. Seems to me there is absolutely no correlation between the two.

Makes me so glad I'm single and having had a vasectomy when I was 20.

I just love my toys.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:54 AM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. We gave our daughters a set amount we would pay...first one wanted a destination beach wedding in Sarasota, Fla...not a problem here is $8k and since only about 50 people will travel that far that number should work at The Long Boat Key Club...She is an accountant and squeezed every nickel out of the $8k...worked great and a fine time back in 2005..

Youngest daughter wants a destination wedding on top of the mountain in Chattanooga, TN...okay here is $10k and once again only about 50 guests will travel that far...the wedding was this past September...Excellent time and perfect outdoor weather and view off the top of the mountain...

In October Mrs. Lucky and I celebrate by purchasing a 2011 GS SSB Vert A6 with 2200 miles on the odo...Our very first Vette and lovin' it
Old 01-24-2014, 07:18 AM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Weddings today are way out of hand. She is better off taking the money and using it for a down payment on a house.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:00 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by traderfjp
Weddings today are way out of hand. She is better off taking the money and using it for a down payment on a house.
^ this
Old 01-24-2014, 10:21 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,934 Likes on 4,814 Posts

My thoughts exactly, sell my car for that one day you and your Daughter will never forget, yeah right.
Originally Posted by Don-Vette
You sold the Vette to help fund your daughters wedding? Good bye and good luck. Might as well turn in your man card too. Sheesh!!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:24 AM
One Kick
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I sold my Harley and gave the $'s to my daughter and son in-law towards their new house. Over 50 years of HD riding it was almost a relief to retire due to a beat up body. Now, the Vette stays with me until I can't push the clutch in our can't get into it, again due to a beat up body. It will happen to all of us some day!
Enjoy the grandkids to come.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:40 PM
unixcorn
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
That's easy to answer. He spent $100 for 6 years of great help, knowledge, and friends. Sounds like money well spent to me.

Unless you want to hang out here for free and not be a supporter, the lifetime membership is the way to go.

As far as selling your Vette to fund a wedding, I wouldn't do it. Give the Vette to them as a wedding gift and scale down the festivities or sell it and put the proceeds down on a house but I certainly wouldn't waste it on a wedding. The numbers don't lie and with a 50% divorce rate, it's simply too risky. I am sorry for saying this but it's how I feel. I wish your daughter and her fiance a lifetime of happiness.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

Best of luck to you and your family.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:32 PM
0PaulaH
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Larry,

Sad to see you leave, but have no doubt, we'll be seeing you back again in the near future. Paula
Old 01-24-2014, 04:13 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
I sold my beloved LPE 2007 AO Coupe today to partially fund my daughter's wedding. Sad day. I have some good and bad thoughts as I depart the Forum. The good: It has been a privilege to own and drive a Corvette for 7 years. Just looking at it made me smile. There was never any kind of problem. The TVS2300 was an incredible mod. Every man should have the experience. The Forum was a great help early on.The bad: If GM had done a decent job on the trim I would not have spent so much money upgrading it. While it was some fun, I would rather have spent more money up front for a nicer finished car. The Forum became too repetitive and no one seems to know how to search. I liked how it looked all shiny, too much, and kept it too clean. I DID NOT DRIVE IT ENOUGH!
As much as I like the mechanical and trim improvements in the C7, I do not like its edgy look, so I won't be owning another Corvette again.
It's been great and bye all!
Larry
Partially fund??? Wow!

Get notified of new replies

To Another Farewell!

Old 01-24-2014, 04:19 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by wayback
Wow that is quite a sacrifice you are making for the wedding. Crazy money for her memories.

]I hope karma repays you ten fold for this.[/SIZE]

Glad I have 2 boys.
Altho this is a good post. let me highlight the part that is most important. The color of the highlight is in honor of the car you sold (and it's mine, too).

I hope karma repays you ten fold for this.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:28 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,594 Likes on 1,629 Posts

You should have just given her the car!

You'll be back......
Old 01-24-2014, 05:48 PM
TR'sVette
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adios Amigo