C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LEO lit me up this morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 09:48 AM
RCFiftyWon
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchsport

As another example, I am a long time motorcyclist. (33 years on the street)
A few years ago I started doing track days on them. That has really settled me down on the street.
I was the exact same way. I was riding over my head / too close to the limit when I was the fastest guy in the slow group on our street rides. After a few track days, I became the slowest guy in the fast group. Once I got up front, I realized that those guys weren't even working hard. Riding at 70-75% like they're supposed to, with plenty of margin in case something goes wrong.

Originally Posted by Cheeseball427

Looking into a PASSPORT 9500ix radar detector,,,,any thoughts ??

Be Safe
I bought a Valentine One before the 2012 Power Tour. It payed for itself before I got to the first venue!

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Great point! Some people REFUSE to get out of the left lane. If I'm doing 90 (not that I would) and someone comes up behind me, I move over and let him go. Basic rules of the road and it astonishes me that people just don't get it.

Some folks decide to plant themselves in the left lane and just won't move. Then, if you flash them to move over (another rule of the road), they give you the finger as you go bye them on the right!!

This is one of my biggest gripes about other drivers here in the states. They don't understand that the left lane is for passing ONLY!

I find this is a problem across all states in the NE, not just PA/NJ/NY. While driving in the south, seems to be less of an issue.
I agree. I *really* don't like to be held up by slower traffic and will act like a fool to get around and away from them. If they're not paying enough attention to notice traffic behind them, then I don't want to be anywhere near them.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:56 AM
RCFiftyWon
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Some folks decide to plant themselves in the left lane and just won't move. Then, if you flash them to move over (another rule of the road), they give you the finger as you go bye them on the right!!

This is one of my biggest gripes about other drivers here in the states. They don't understand that the left lane is for passing ONLY!

I find this is a problem across all states in the NE, not just PA/NJ/NY. While driving in the south, seems to be less of an issue.
I like to come up behind them with my left turn signal on, to let them know that I'd like to pass. If I remember correctly...isn't that how it is done on the autobahn?

Plus, I leave my headlights on all the time, day or night, so if they don't move over in a reasonable amount of time, I hug the left side of the lane and let them look at my headlight in their side mirror for a while.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 AM
child_of_fire
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFiftyWon
I like to come up behind them with my left turn signal on, to let them know that I'd like to pass. If I remember correctly...isn't that how it is done on the autobahn?

Plus, I leave my headlights on all the time, day or night, so if they don't move over in a reasonable amount of time, I hug the left side of the lane and let them look at my headlight in their side mirror for a while.
this is why we need cops. no one looks in their rear view mirrors anymore nor do they keep right. come to think of it you dont even need to speak english to get a driver's license anymore in this country.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 AM
pahlbfishn
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cclive
Around here, 15 over is 95 mph!
A few miles further and 15 over will be 100 (85 limit).
Old 01-23-2014, 11:36 AM
schizcat
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by mundo
OK, I'm from the west coast. What does LEO stand for? Must be something common to states west of CA. I can only assume it means Law Enforcement Officer - correct? In CA we have the CHP (California Highway Patrol) commonly known as "Chippys" They can be real A$$ holes especially around LA.
Ha...any further west of CA and we will be driving in the Pacific. I used to fly around San Diego when I first bought my Vette. Nice cruises through Ramona. Only got stopped by one CHP and that was coming back from Vegas. Wrote on the ticket - 95+ as my speed. Never got hassled by them in the Vette or my crouchrocket. And yes, LEO = law enforcement officer. Odd that you havent heard that term. Saw it\heard it all the time while I was there. Anywho, enjoy the weather there. Ill make it back someday.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:42 AM
schizcat
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by choprfgr
In Texas it says right on the ticket - has to be 10% over.
Huh?

Quick Reply: LEO lit me up this morning