C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Near Defiance Ohio ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:26 AM
claf
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 75 Posts

Default Near Defiance Ohio ?

Hi, I'm an out of state buyer and I'm looking for someone to put eyeballs on my potential purchase. I don't need an all out appraisal just someone to verify that the car actually exists and is in at least "average" condition. Too many scams and cheats out there to buy sight unseen. (I did get burned a few years ago and don't want a rerun). Thanks, Bob
Old 01-08-2014, 09:45 AM
kimdjay
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't you just ask for pictures? That's what I did when searching. I even got most to send pics of title etc so I could verify stuff against car fax and those states/counties that have vehicle lookup online. definitely get car fax, I know its not perfect and can be scammed too, but if its an average honest seller, its probably a good idea of the car's background. but pics are a great way to go. if the seller won't do that, then bail out immediately.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Richard G.
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I understand you wanting someone to actually look at the Corvette.
Pictures are good but not really seeing it. I went with just pictures
and phone calls. Then flew to Florida to see it and drive back 900
miles.
Makes it tough and exciting on you with just pictures. I was lucky and did not get
hurt. Can not say that pictures are worth the trip, but you know that.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:20 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 568 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by kimdjay
Can't you just ask for pictures?
Photos mean nothing. I spent nearly 30 years photographing home exteriors/interiors and I can tell you that the lens hides MANY things. In addition, digital images are easily altered and the key is "when" the photos were taken. Do youself a favor, images are some indication of reality but there is nothing like an EYEBALL. I once purchased a Corvette that was in Conn. and had a fellow NCRS member put his eyes on the car because "I was too busy" to do it myself. The car arrives only to be sold two months later. Had I taken the time to personally see the car I would have never purchased it. Unless you are not that critical, understand that everyones idea of "ok" and "good" is different.
Good luck!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Rick 98
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buddy of mine bought a Chevelle off of pictures and it did look great from 15 feet, but not if you walked up to it. I would want some one to actually "look" at the car to see if it is atleast avg, if I could get it, as you say. Pictures can hide a lot .
Old 01-08-2014, 11:32 AM
dckotwicki
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by claf
Hi, I'm an out of state buyer and I'm looking for someone to put eyeballs on my potential purchase. I don't need an all out appraisal just someone to verify that the car actually exists and is in at least "average" condition. Too many scams and cheats out there to buy sight unseen. (I did get burned a few years ago and don't want a rerun). Thanks, Bob
I am not in your area but when I bought mine a couple years ago, I did not make the final decision until I was there in person. I drove about 300 miles with my wife, looked at it and drove it home.

And I still love it.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:42 AM
bigwoofersnet
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wish I was closer to help... it's a little over 3 hours from me.

Get notified of new replies

To Near Defiance Ohio ?

Quick Reply: Near Defiance Ohio ?