C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GHL lemans v SLP Loudmouth II

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Mikey37
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GHL lemans v SLP Loudmouth II

I just bought a 2005 C6 A4 and love it except for the very quiet stock exhaust. I have researched things and narrowed down my decision to the following options:

1. GHL Lemans axelback

2. SLP Loudmouth II axelback

3. saving up a bit more and going with stock exhaust with headers

Sound is very important for me, although performance benefit would be nice too.

what do you guys think? does anyone have any of the combo's and if so do you get a lot of drone and do you like the sound. Also, how does the stock exhaust with headers/high flow cats sound?
Old 12-26-2013, 04:48 PM
l8-apex
Instructor

Proceed with caution!

I like a good sound too; however, my 06 had a GHL on it when I bought it and although it sounded good, the drone was so bad at highway cruising speeds that it actually made me feel nauseated. I switched to a Borla S Type II and the sound is still good, but there is NO drone.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Mikey37
Advanced

Originally Posted by l8-apex
Proceed with caution!

I like a good sound too; however, my 06 had a GHL on it when I bought it and although it sounded good, the drone was so bad at highway cruising speeds that it actually made me feel nauseated. I switched to a Borla S Type II and the sound is still good, but there is NO drone.
Do you know if the GHL's that you had were the "lemans" mufflers or something else. (they used to make others that were louder but the lemans supposedly have no drone).
Also, does your car have headers? I had a C5 that I had American racing headers and GHL exhaust and the drone did drive me nuts but I hear that the GHL alone did not drone at all.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:05 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a 05 c6 w/slp loudmouth 2 and I love it. there is some drone when at cruising speed but it's not bad. I can hold a conversation as well as hear the radio.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:33 PM
l8-apex
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mikey37

Do you know if the GHL's that you had were the "lemans" mufflers or something else. (they used to make others that were louder but the lemans supposedly have no drone).
Also, does your car have headers? I had a C5 that I had American racing headers and GHL exhaust and the drone did drive me nuts but I hear that the GHL alone did not drone at all.
I don't know what model they were. They would have been made prior to August 2012. No, I don't have headers, but do have a supercharger and cam.

Get notified of new replies

To GHL lemans v SLP Loudmouth II

Quick Reply: GHL lemans v SLP Loudmouth II