C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold weather door opening

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 04:35 PM
michaelgerson
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cold weather door opening

Recently got cold in Houston. I found in the morning that the door pad didn't respond. After pressing the open button on FOB, door pad opened easily. No problem rest of day. Several days later, same issue. Is this cold weather related, or is it FOB battery issue.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:57 PM
michaelgerson
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Top Speed
IMO your issue might be more fob related. When was the last time you replaced the battery? Did you try hitting the manual unlock button on the fob as well?
Yes. After hitting the manual unlock button, door pad worked fine all day. A couple days later, cold morning same issue. FOBS are probably original with my 2011 I bought this year. Probably should change battery on general principal.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:41 PM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Did you notice the window going down so you can open the door.. what happens sometimes is the window freezes to the rubber against the window and if the window doesn't go down opening the door is not easy.....
Old 12-17-2013, 09:59 PM
MikeMaj82
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way the windows aren't going to index down when opening the door is if it rained and then froze overnight. If there's no rain there shouldn't be any indexing problems with the window.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:13 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,191 Likes on 2,681 Posts

It sounds more like the door pad connections are getting dirty, and you just now encountered it. Not a cold weather issue.

There are threads on how to clean them. Those who do so seem to have good results. This is one of my next projects. My driver-side door has gotten horrendous.

lisa

Get notified of new replies

To Cold weather door opening

Quick Reply: Cold weather door opening