C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you carry a concealed weapon in your corvette, I found a great way to secure it.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:59 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Maligator
you can live in the safest community and how ive stressed to my wife over and over again; sometimes the crime and sh!theads come looking for you. Im looking forward to crime dropping here in Illinois, just dont like the fact that everyone I stop might have a pistol on them with a deathwish...........
Here's the problem. If someone walks up on you with a drawn weapon, by the time you reach for yours it's way to late.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
Here's the problem. If someone walks up on you with a drawn weapon, by the time you reach for yours it's way to late.
I agree, but im not sure what I posted you a referring too...........
Old 12-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

you can live in the safest community and how ive stressed to my wife over and over again; sometimes the crime and sh!theads come looking for you. Im looking forward to crime dropping here in Illinois, just dont like the fact that everyone I stop might have a pistol on them with a deathwish...........
I'm curious to see what happens to the crime rate myself.

You don't know now if the guy you stop has a pistol and death wish. How is that going to change?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 867 Likes on 397 Posts

True, could happen that way.....if you're not paying attention to your surroundings. I would tend to think most who carry are aware of where they are and the corresponding level of potential for threats. Not paranoia, but there is an absolute need for situational awareness when traveling.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:20 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

I carry a flashlight....and let's leave it at that.......
Old 12-14-2013, 09:21 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette
True, could happen that way.....if you're not paying attention to your surroundings. I would tend to think most who carry are aware of where they are and the corresponding level of potential for threats. Not paranoia, but there is an absolute need for situational awareness when traveling.
My guess is the majority of permit holders have attended the necessary classes and know just enough to get themselves in trouble.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:21 PM
AK47
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what can a gun do, what a baseball bat or even your own hands can't?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SmokinZ51
I'm curious to see what happens to the crime rate myself.

You don't know now if the guy you stop has a pistol and death wish. How is that going to change?
what worries me is the normal joe, who now has a concealed carry permit, has a bad fight with his wife, too much to drink etc, and is armed and wants to fight. You and I both know this state is completely azz backward and they are not even following other states on what is required for ccp. States like Texas revoke your ccp if you are intoxicated and carrying a pistol. Im all about people protecting themselves, but most people I run into are intoxicated, drugged up, or over medicated. They shouldnt have a pistol on them, but of course Illinois will just look at it as lost revenue..............after they just jammed me in the azz on the pension reform............
Old 12-14-2013, 09:23 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 238 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by AK47
what can a gun do, what a baseball bat or even your own hands can't?
Really!?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:27 PM
AK47
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budgreen3564
Really!?
yeap. It's fine to have it in your house, but driving with it and carrying it everywhere, what's the point. I suppose i don't live where you guys live.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:29 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AK47
yeap. It's fine to have it in your house, but driving with it and carrying it everywhere, what's the point. I suppose i don't live where you guys live.
Virtually no crime where I live, but I was police for 33 years. ********s are everywhere. Do you just drive your car in your safe neighborhood?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 867 Likes on 397 Posts

My guess is the majority of permit holders have attended the necessary classes and know just enough to get themselves in trouble.
So the answer is what?? Only trained law enforcement, military personnel and criminals should have access to firearms?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Virtually no crime where I live, but I was police for 33 years. ********s are everywhere. Do you just drive your car in your safe neighborhood?
thank you for your service and I hope you are enjoying your retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Received 133 Likes on 75 Posts

How do you secure your safe to the vehicle?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:38 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette
So the answer is what?? Only trained law enforcement, military personnel and criminals should have access to firearms?
It's totally apparent every dumb a** person walking the streets has no business carrying a loaded weapon!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:39 PM
budgreen3564
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

thank you for your service and I hope you are enjoying your retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am, thanks. You won't miss it when you retire.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

I am, thanks. You won't miss it when you retire.
another 16 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the lovely state of illinois just pkecked out pension bc they were not keeping their end of the bargin the past 15 years..................

Get notified of new replies

To If you carry a concealed weapon in your corvette, I found a great way to secure it.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Kurt D
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

what worries me is the normal joe, who now has a concealed carry permit, has a bad fight with his wife, too much to drink etc, and is armed and wants to fight. You and I both know this state is completely azz backward and they are not even following other states on what is required for ccp. States like Texas revoke your ccp if you are intoxicated and carrying a pistol. Im all about people protecting themselves, but most people I run into are intoxicated, drugged up, or over medicated. They shouldnt have a pistol on them, but of course Illinois will just look at it as lost revenue..............after they just jammed me in the azz on the pension reform............
So what difference does it make if he has a permit to carry or not? A non-permit holder won't do all that and be armed? Either way you, being LE, have to deal with it the same way.

Now here's a little piece of info from Louisiana, who has more than it's share of trash and ghetto goblins: my previous 2 CCP classes were taught by a retired LEO who still helps train the current city police. He made it a point to us, as he does his LE trainees, that there have been exactly 0 attacks on LEOs from permit holders since LA started our CCP. We have a lot of permit holders. I'm not saying permit holders don't get into trouble, but the type of people who typically go through the trouble to get permits aren't the ones you have to worry about.

Back on topic, I like that set up to stow my pistol when I can't carry it. I'll have to look into it.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:36 PM
LawrenceFromTorrance
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

My gun (Glock 30) would fit in the center console but I am afraid that it gets too hot there and would perhaps fire the weapon.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:43 PM
berk4422
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

My insurance won't put me behind bars if I use it!
there is insurance for that too...

Last edited by berk4422; 12-14-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Quick Reply: If you carry a concealed weapon in your corvette, I found a great way to secure it.