C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 06:52 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyBono24
God damn you are ****ing stupid.

"What if" the guy had a gun. So the cops are allowed to shoot pretty much ANY random person on the street because "what if" they had a gun?
Why don't you do us all a favor and take your Vette to a different city, do exactly as your proclaimed hero did and let's just see what happens.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:26 PM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Or like every other time the LAPD has murdered an unarmed person... it will be swept under the rug and nobody will hear about it again.
You mean the unarmed person that drove a 3000 lb missile through neighborhoods with children and ultimately plowed into the people in the other car who were just going about their business? That unarmed person?

The guy then jumps out of his vehicle at a run towards the cops on the ground. My bet is he didn't round the car and change direction until after he was shot. I'm sure it looks vastly different up close and personal than from a news chopper.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:29 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

the scum bag shot an unarmed man IN THE BACK for speeding and reckless driving. He got out of the car with his arms raised and they shot him period! I don't care nothing about all your "What If's" I only talk about REAL things not things that might happen. I hope they arrest these cops and put them in Prison. All you that think this MURDER is justified...I really feel sorry for you, ya know being that stupid and all. I guess this is why people hate LA Cops. I never realized how bad things are in LA. I will never set foot in that communist state again, you can take it and stick it where the sun don't shine. Ya know what they say what comes around goes around. If you think these cops were right then maybe next time it will be you.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:33 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by bobeast
You mean the unarmed person that drove a 3000 lb missile through neighborhoods with children and ultimately plowed into the people in the other car who were just going about their business? That unarmed person?

The guy then jumps out of his vehicle at a run towards the cops on the ground. My bet is he didn't round the car and change direction until after he was shot. I'm sure it looks vastly different up close and personal than from a news chopper.
^^ this coming from someone that lives in the state with the most crime, stupidest congresswomen, most illegal immigrants, bankrupt and begging the other states for money, most expensive welfare bill, open boarders and on and on and on. I can't wait till the Big One and you guys float out to sea. We should give CA back to mexico.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:36 PM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ls1121
^^ this coming from someone that lives in the state with the most crime, stupidest congresswomen, most illegal immigrants, bankrupt and begging the other states for money, most expensive welfare bill, open boarders and on and on and on. I can't wait till the Big One and you guys float out to sea.
So because you disagree with me I am suddenly responsible for all the stupidity in the state? Personally I can't wait to get out of this godforsaken nanny state. Has nothing whatsoever to do with my point, however.

Last edited by bobeast; 12-15-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Jeff-Ford
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well wasn't that your argument?

What if a cop shoots an 8-year-old kid walking on the sidewalk?

"Well WHAT IF he had a gun?" - your argument
No my arguments were solely based around the 1 hour of "careless, irresponsible, putting innocent lives at danger" driving this guy did before he decided to get out of his car and make a break for it. What if they found out this guy gunned down a family? Which pretty much happens daily anymore. What would your thoughts be then? All those police officers knew at that time was this guy was ordered to surrender and stop and he didn't. The choice was his. Their guns weren't pulled because they were bored. What would you do if you were pulled over and you saw 25 COPs with their guns drawn down on you? Would you run? Why not? The guys judgment wasn't to impaired by alcohol to realize the situation. He handle his car pretty good. Even used turn signals and slowed at intersections. Its obvious you have an issue with LAPD and maybe all police in general. It also makes me sick to my stomach when anyone in the position of authority abuses their power...COPs, priests, teachers, parents , but I do believe the shooting was justified. And I hope we can agree that its ok to disagree.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Jeff-Ford
Pro

So because you disagree with me I am suddenly responsible for all the stupidity in the state? Personally I can't wait to get out of this godforsaken nanny state. Has nothing whatsoever to do with my point, however.
Don't take it personal bobeast he didn't mean it was really all your fault and you have to admit that post was pretty damn funny, but sadly true.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:38 PM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ford
Don't take it personal bobeast he didn't mean it was really all your fault and you have to admit that post was pretty damn funny, but sadly true.
Thanks. The irony is, with the exception of the innuendo that living in the state should somehow void my opinion, he is absolutely 100% correct about CA.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Jeff-Ford
Pro

Thanks. The irony is, with the exception of the innuendo that living in the state should somehow void my opinion, he is absolutely 100% correct about CA.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:38 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the scum bag shot an unarmed man IN THE BACK for speeding and reckless driving. He got out of the car with his arms raised and they shot him period! I don't care nothing about all your "What If's" I only talk about REAL things not things that might happen. I hope they arrest these cops and put them in Prison. All you that think this MURDER is justified...I really feel sorry for you, ya know being that stupid and all. I guess this is why people hate LA Cops. I never realized how bad things are in LA. I will never set foot in that communist state again, you can take it and stick it where the sun don't shine. Ya know what they say what comes around goes around. If you think these cops were right then maybe next time it will be you.
Another prime example that there are morons among us. You weren't there. You have no idea what really went down. I hope that no LEO ever has to risk his life to save your sorry a$$.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:42 PM
C5Vert04
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NY3quartrs5-oh
Ya gotta love all the know it alls that never had an ounce of law enforcement training talking like experts. "He was just running", "he wasn't a threat", "he wasn't armed". How do you know anything of what is going on down on the ground by viewing on a little screen and listening to the traffic reporters guessing at what's happening? I didn't even see any signs of the other car running a red light, so how does it "appear" he had a green? How do any of you know that when the guy JUMPED out of his car he wasn't yelling I'm gonna kill you cops, or i'm gonna shoot you. Or how do any of you know he wasn't going to the passenger side to retrieve a gun that fell to the floor after the crash? None of us know what was happening on the ground, but so many think they do....

Funny how all these so called experts can so easily beat up on LAPD and make a split second judgment call from a grainy video feed from an airship 500 feet above. Clearly they are correct and this guy should have been asked nicely to comply. How could this guy be any threat to them? His behavior is completely rational and the LAPD are blue gangsters. No possible way he could be perceived as a threat right? Got to love the cop haters here. OJ was innocent too, right?
Old 12-15-2013, 09:50 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JJC5
Another prime example that there are morons among us. You weren't there. You have no idea what really went down. I hope that no LEO ever has to risk his life to save your sorry a$$.
did you forget protect and serve
Old 12-15-2013, 10:01 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jeff-Ford
No my arguments were solely based around the 1 hour of "careless, irresponsible, putting innocent lives at danger" driving this guy did before he decided to get out of his car and make a break for it. What if they found out this guy gunned down a family? Which pretty much happens daily anymore. What would your thoughts be then? All those police officers knew at that time was this guy was ordered to surrender and stop and he didn't. The choice was his. Their guns weren't pulled because they were bored. What would you do if you were pulled over and you saw 25 COPs with their guns drawn down on you? Would you run? Why not? The guys judgment wasn't to impaired by alcohol to realize the situation. He handle his car pretty good. Even used turn signals and slowed at intersections. Its obvious you have an issue with LAPD and maybe all police in general. It also makes me sick to my stomach when anyone in the position of authority abuses their power...COPs, priests, teachers, parents , but I do believe the shooting was justified. And I hope we can agree that its ok to disagree.
GUESS WHAT THE POLICE EVEN GAVE THE MARATHON BOMBER A CHANCE, you are not the executioner
Old 12-15-2013, 10:37 PM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You lose all credibility and believability by saying over and over and over again that this person had his arms raised. LOOK AT THE VIDEO AGAIN. His arms were never RAISED. In front, grabbing the back of the car, grabbing the pole, grabbing his stomach area YES, RAISED no. You keep looking like a moron every time you say that so how could anything else you say be believed as OBJECTIVE AND UNBIASED???

PS has it even been confirmed he was shot in the back???

Last edited by NY3quartrs5-oh; 12-15-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:53 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Originally Posted by NY3quartrs5-oh
You lose all credibility and believability by saying over and over and over again that this person had his arms raised. LOOK AT THE VIDEO AGAIN. His arms were never RAISED. In front, grabbing the back of the car, grabbing the pole, grabbing his stomach area YES, RAISED no. You keep looking like a moron every time you say that so how could anything else you say be believed as OBJECTIVE AND UNBIASED???

PS has it even been confirmed he was shot in the back???
Has it been confirmed hes dead or had a gun, if he had a gun or just robbed a bank shot someone that would have trumped the story
Old 12-15-2013, 10:59 PM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
Has it been confirmed hes dead or had a gun, if he had a gun or just robbed a bank shot someone that would have trumped the story
I honestly don't know what problem you have with facts. Yes he's dead, don't know if he had a weapon or not and i'm asking if he was shot in the back. Oh wait, i forgot, all you guys that were there know where he was shot because you saw a video from a helicopter..... and yet you have a problem with those that ASSUME things that you disagree with.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Jeff-Ford
Pro

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
GUESS WHAT THE POLICE EVEN GAVE THE MARATHON BOMBER A CHANCE, you are not the executioner
Yo Dick Tracey did the marathon bomber jump out the boat and run? If he did what do you think would've happened? Why do you damn liberals always look past the obvious?

Last edited by Jeff-Ford; 12-15-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night

Old 12-16-2013, 12:33 AM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

After viewing several clear video angles of this. The guy was, without a doubt, unjustly executed immediately once he exited his vehicle.

He was an unarmed disabled veteran.

Not saying what he did was right....but the police clearly over reacted...once again.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:36 AM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Everyone who keeps saying "What if he killed a child" etc. are arguing a mute point as far as I'm concerned...I have two children, if this guy took their lives I won't say what I would want to do to him...but that's not the point I'm trying to prove...my point is not what I would want done to this man but rather whether or not he was a threat to those officer's lives by walking unarmed around his car and whether or not the LAPD did the right thing...I want to trust the police, but like I said in an earlier post the video is very hard for me to watch...
Old 12-16-2013, 12:41 AM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMC6
After viewing several clear video angles of this. The guy was, without a doubt, unjustly executed immediately once he exited his vehicle.

He was an unarmed disabled veteran.

Not saying what he did was right....but the police clearly over reacted...once again.
In an earlier post I said it was shallow of forum members to judge this guy because they didn't know his story and he could have been a war hero veteran suffering a mental breakdown...if you're correct looks like I was half right...obviously a good guy at some point in his life and something went wrong...sad.

Quick Reply: C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night