C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 06:39 PM
NEED-A-VETTE
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Now all the vampires walkin' through the valley move west down Ventura Boulevard ——— Los Angeles
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by FlyBono24
Sad day? Apparently you don't live in LA... nobody here respects or trusts the cops. They've been shooting innocent people for years now, then saying it was "justified" after their own investigation.

The people feel that they're MORE likely to be shot and killed by the LAPD than by your typical hoodlum.
False.

Just like the thread in OT, I'll ask you to back up your claim with facts.

Also, before you start throwing out "you don't even live in LA," remember that Long Beach is not part of the city of LA, either.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:43 PM
FlyBono24
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE
False.

Just like the thread in OT, I'll ask you to back up your claim with facts.

Also, before you start throwing out "you don't even live in LA," remember that Long Beach is not part of the city of LA, either.
Hell the LBPD is even worse, they've shot about 9 unarmed people in the last 2 years... including a guy holding a HOSE NOZZLE on his front porch, they murdered him right before Christmas a few years back. And of course their internal "investigation" found the officers did nothing wrong.

http://www.presstelegram.com/general...-douglas-zerby
Old 12-14-2013, 06:44 PM
FactoryZ51
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

What a horrible ending. I felt very sad seeing that corvette driver squirm in pain until he lay motionless. I kinda now wish I had never seen it. I am truly sorry for his family if they witnessed his death live on tv as well. I also hope it was not someone from this forum. May this man rest in peace.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:45 PM
vforrest
Racer

Originally Posted by NY3quartrs5-oh
Ya gotta love all the know it alls that never had an ounce of law enforcement training talking like experts. "He was just running", "he wasn't a threat", "he wasn't armed". How do you know anything of what is going on down on the ground by viewing on a little screen and listening to the traffic reporters guessing at what's happening? I didn't even see any signs of the other car running a red light, so how does it "appear" he had a green? How do any of you know that when the guy JUMPED out of his car he wasn't yelling I'm gonna kill you cops, or i'm gonna shoot you. Or how do any of you know he wasn't going to the passenger side to retrieve a gun that fell to the floor after the crash? None of us know what was happening on the ground, but so many think they do....

....mostly. Nobody knows what the cops do and we can invent an assumption that he had a gun and the cops knew that "he was armed"...or...you can invent the assumption that he was just trying to run away and was unarmed....nobody just watching has all the facts.

I do think that those that think that Cops are more likely to kill you than thugs should call them up and ask them no longer patrol where you live because you will feel safer without them....really!
Old 12-14-2013, 06:46 PM
FlyBono24
Racer

The LBPD never made their presence known or commanded him to drop the "weapon", they just showed up, saw him, and shot him 12 times.

But you're a badge bunny so you'll probably say they were justified too.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:55 PM
NEED-A-VETTE
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Now all the vampires walkin' through the valley move west down Ventura Boulevard ——— Los Angeles
St. Jude Donor '08

Hell the LBPD is even worse, they've shot about 9 unarmed people in the last 2 years... including a guy holding a HOSE NOZZLE on his front porch, they murdered him right before Christmas a few years back. And of course their internal "investigation" found the officers did nothing wrong.

http://www.presstelegram.com/general...-douglas-zerby
The LBPD never made their presence known or commanded him to drop the "weapon", they just showed up, saw him, and shot him 12 times.

But you're a badge bunny so you'll probably say they were justified too.
I'll repeat what I said in the other thread:

I can cherry pick stories from any department/city. Give me straight up facts regarding the incidents and complaints recieved on LAPD officers, per encounter with the public, versus similar populated cities.

I don't know whether they were justified or not. I don't have all the facts on the circumstances and neither do you.

Badge Bunny. That's cute. But you'll have to do better than that, cutie pie.

I'll wait for you to post some facts backing your claims about LAPD versus other departments, etc.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:10 PM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcc978
Actually I've had training in when to use deadly force and when not to by the Navy. At the moment he was shot, he could have had motive and intent but currently had no means therefore deadly force wasn't authorized. If he grabbed a gun from the passenger side and began to turned towards the cops then shooting would have been justified.
Absolutely incorrect. And navy training is no where near what is needed for city state or federal police.

And in comes the resident cop or ex-cop to protect his own...
If you noticed, I never said they were justified! I WASN'T THERE TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.... I am not going to guess, assume or second guess what anyone there did. He could have been a career criminal or a saint that lost his mind, either way he wouldn't be dead if he didn't put himself in that position. I'll let the investigation by the district attorney say what happened. And for those that say the DA is on the cops side are 1000% wrong. A DA wouldn't think twice to put dirty cops down.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:14 PM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

I love backseat drivers that say they should have waited till he did this, or that before they shot. A split second changes everything and you don't know what was going on. So easy to act tough and brave from behind a keyboard. IE: "If he had a gun I would have waited till he pulled the gun before i shot him", or "why did they have to shoot him in the chest, why couldn't they shoot the gun out of his hand?"....
Old 12-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

* * * navy training is no where near what is needed for city state or federal police.

and the military wants LEOSA privileges.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:36 PM
petsur
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by wjnjr
Hypothetical questions: 1) If your wife, son, daughter, or even you had been in the car the perp hit, and was seriously injured or killed, would you think the perp was the victim in this incident? 2) Would you have the same attitude about 'blue gangsters'? Just curious
So how does killing him after his car is dead, prove your argument? I get your point and it's valid, but shooting him when he's harmless is just revenge. Lots of cops are just punks with guns and badges that allow them to shoot people they can stop other ways.

How would you feel if one of your kids was drunk one night and did something stupid to meet justice via some blue gangsters gun? But of course you say I raise my kids better than that. Yeah, sure you do. That's why they have juries friend.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:43 PM
NEED-A-VETTE
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by petsur
So how does killing him after his car is dead, prove your argument? I get your point and it's valid, but shooting him when he's harmless is just revenge. Lots of cops are just punks with guns and badges that allow them to shoot people they can stop other ways.

How would you feel if one of your kids was drunk one night and did something stupid to meet justice via some blue gangsters gun? But of course you say I raise my kids better than that. Yeah, sure you do. That's why they have juries friend.
Your assumption is that he was harmless. None of us can prove or disprove that, at this point.

Sincerely,

Badge Bunny (because FlyBono24 said so)
Old 12-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
It's pretty simple.....when a cop tells you to stop and put your hands where they can see them, do it.
makes sense to me
Old 12-14-2013, 08:14 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I hope they prosecute the officers that shot him and they go to prison. This man was clearly no threat to anyone after he exited the car. Another case of police brutality. They should be jailed. Another POS cop if ya ask me, makes all the good cops look bad. F'n california, sure glad I don't live there.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:24 PM
NY3quartrs5-oh
Racer

Perfect example. This man was there, knows exactly what happened, and actually has a recording of the cops in the locker room saying how they wanted to shoot someone dead tonight.... "Clearly no threat to anyone", well damn, we should just fire all judges and pay you on standby....

Originally Posted by ls1121
I hope they prosecute the officers that shot him and they go to prison. This man was clearly no threat to anyone after he exited the car. Another case of police brutality. They should be jailed. Another POS cop if ya ask me, makes all the good cops look bad. F'n california, sure glad I don't live there.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:31 PM
DJackman
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Dead or alive , I do not symphatize with people running from the police endagering other citizens.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DJackman
Dead or alive , I do not symphatize with people running from the police endagering other citizens.
this..............
Old 12-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

The other car was actually running a red light, you can see it on the video.

And the cops shot the guy in the back several times... typical LAPD... he's dead now according to several people online.
Saves the tax payers court costs. Good job LAPD!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night

Old 12-14-2013, 08:47 PM
woodman300
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I love backseat drivers that say they should have waited till he did this, or that before they shot. A split second changes everything and you don't know what was going on. So easy to act tough and brave from behind a keyboard. IE: "If he had a gun I would have waited till he pulled the gun before i shot him", or "why did they have to shoot him in the chest, why couldn't they shoot the gun out of his hand?"....

there is no way to justify shooting an unarmed suspect in the back several times as he is running away. we wouldn't tolerate this from an armed citizen who may have witnessed a crime and then acted. why should we tolerate this action by police officers who have all the training, tools and knowledge to do the right thing. we give officers a lot of leeway because there are times when they have to decide quickly. it was obvious to everyone watching the chase live that this guy got out of the car unarmed and tried to run away, then was shot several times. when he fell you could see the red holes in his shirt. the problem with police forces is that we have lowered our standards for employment in the name of diversity, and now we have officers that do not have the physical ability to subdue a suspect. they have to resort to shooting. this whole thing might have been avoided if the LAPD had not pressed this idiot to speed the way he did. when they did that they werer partly responsible for endangering the lives of the other motorists.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:50 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Perfect example. This man was there, knows exactly what happened, and actually has a recording of the cops in the locker room saying how they wanted to shoot someone dead tonight.... "Clearly no threat to anyone", well damn, we should just fire all judges and pay you on standby....
OK smart boy but this was...Murder........ keep letting them do it and who will be next and when will it stop. Sorry but this America not **** germany, EVERYBODY has rights in this country regardless of how some feel. A Sad day for sure.

Maybe this is SOP up there in NY City but not here. Oh yes I forgot NY is a Police State you can't even buy a 20 oz. Coke. LMAO.

Last edited by ls1121; 12-14-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:06 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

and now we know the reason for the trying to out run and the run, the guy new he was running for his life

Quick Reply: C6 chase and crash in L.A. on Friday night